MASTER.DEBATOR
ScarletGhost4396

A just government should provide healthcare to its citizens

MASTER.DEBATOR

MASTER.DEBATOR

Con

I would like this debate to be a Lincoln Douglas debate. I am a very experienced debator so please, no new people.
ScarletGhost4396

Pro

I accept this debate. I'll allow the instigator to make the opening arguments.
MASTER.DEBATOR

Con

I hope this will be a beneficial debate to both my opponent and I.
Having said that, as my opponent has requested that the instigator start, I will now begin my argument.

Resolved: A just government should provide healthcare to its citizens
I would like to start out with a few definitions, just to establish a common theme for both the pro and con throughout the debate.
Just government: A government that is honorable, fair, and consistent with what is morally right in its dealings and actions.
Healthcare: Health care (or healthcare) is the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease, illness, injury, and other physical and mental impairments in humans. Health care is delivered by practitioners in medicine, chiropractic, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, allied health, and other care providers. It refers to the work done in providing primary care, secondary care and tertiary care, as well as in public health.

C1: "Access to a waiting list is not access to health care," wrote Canadian Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin when striking down legislation banning private insurance in 2005. Private medical care is surging in Canada because of these problems with the government system. This is a crystal clear example of the problems that nationalized health care brings about. Healthcare is growing in the private sector because of the waiting lists and low-quality care that is provided by the Canadian government. When looking at the definition of what a just government is Canada would qualify as one. Ultimately this debate is going to come down to solely a difference of opinion, and whichever one of us can prove our opinion will win.

C2: By providing its citizens with healthcare, a government is lowering the quality of recevied treatment. I touched on this in the previous contention, but I will further explain my reasoning here. By creating a nationalized healthcare system in which the government would 'take care' of the citizens, the lack of funding that already plagues the private sector would only become more evident. Even if the intentions of the government for its citizens were good, in reality the outcome of a nationalized healthcare system like that of Britain would be detremental to society's well-being as a whole. The lack of funds to maintain proper care for an entire nation (in this case I will use the United States) is more than evident as we examine the process in creating a government-run healthcare system. Hospitals/ care centers will become run-down in a short amount of time because of 1. the amount of patients utilizing the care would become overwhelming and therefore overcrowding the said care centers 2. because of the overwhelming amount of patients that a care center would receive and the lack of funds to continually re-new/ update facilities, the actual quality itself would decrease dramatically. We can bring taxes into the matter, in saying that even by having 'free' care, it isn't really free since all of the law-abiding citizens would be paying taxes that would be dumped into the healthcare system.

C3: Government as a whole is very corrupt in itself, and should not be trusted with the health and well-being of the citizens it is ruling over. I am stereotyping government, I know but for the most part history has proven that money ruins individuals and power corrupts them. Even if a perfectly honest government were to institute a nationalized healthcare system for its citizens, it like all other government systems would not run efficiently. Privatized healthcare is not a perfect system either, but this system works more efficiently than a nationalized one.

[1] http://www.balancedpolitics.org...
ScarletGhost4396

Pro

ScarletGhost4396 forfeited this round.
MASTER.DEBATOR

Con

Because of my opponent forfeiting the round following my main argument, I will not post any more arguments in the debate.
ScarletGhost4396

Pro

ScarletGhost4396 forfeited this round.
MASTER.DEBATOR

Con

MASTER.DEBATOR forfeited this round.
ScarletGhost4396

Pro

ScarletGhost4396 forfeited this round.
MASTER.DEBATOR

Con

MASTER.DEBATOR forfeited this round.
ScarletGhost4396

Pro

ScarletGhost4396 forfeited this round.
Posted by Guitar_Guru 5 years ago
Guitar_Guru
That really doesn't look like an "Experienced" LD Case
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
Socialism for the win!
Yeah, this is gonna go badly.
Posted by Stephen_Hawkins 5 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
Somehow, I see this debate going incredibly badly...
Vote Placed by Guitar_Guru 5 years ago
Guitar_Guru
MASTER.DEBATORScarletGhost4396Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Multiple Forfeitures..
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
MASTER.DEBATORScarletGhost4396Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pro FF'd more