Ali1
QandA

A lot of people hallucinate about Jesus, Muhammad and Beyond Happiness

QandA has forfeited round #2.

Ali1

Pro

Not just people who would be dismissed, like the mentally unwell, but a lot of people.
It is not openly accepted as everyone as an individual feels that it would be rejected and even that they would be ridiculed.

I personally know that dedicated Muslims have constant experiences of visions about Jesus, Muhammad, and Beyond Happiness.

It is just those who have not who go against this and stop this being openly accepted.
QandA

Con

Hi Ali1, thank you for posting this debate.

If I understand correctly the resolution from reading the comments then the Burden of Proof is on you to prove that people do in fact have visions of Jesus, Muhammad etc. I will accept this debate albeit reluctantly and assume that round 1 is for acceptance only, with round 2 being your argument.

Thank you
Ali1

Pro

I suppose your aware of the effects of LSD and magic mushrooms.
While it may not be the real image of the holy figure in question, what's so hard about seeing a typical image for them e.g. long black hair, aqualine nose. The image may be even more brilliant than the real image of Muhammad. I'm sure you know about how happiness works with these drugs, so it would be a brilliant experience.

Now many people can hallucinate, I'm sure you know. So this round of the debate im putting forward that these hallucinations work like any thing to see, just the corresponding colours and shapes to Muhammad. Hallucinating can be so happy, it would be seen as supernatural to those who have not.

The brain is stimulated by the idea of happiness, the topic is contemplated on the "trip". Ideas of Beyond Happiness would be contemplated.

How many people have you specifically asked if they have, I'm sure there would be those who say they have.
Posted by Ali1 4 months ago
Ali1
The concept rather
Posted by Ali1 4 months ago
Ali1
Anyones
Posted by Emilrose 4 months ago
Emilrose
Who's 'Beyond Happiness'?
Posted by Ali1 4 months ago
Ali1
My argument only extends to the "seeing and the "experiencing"
Posted by canis 4 months ago
canis
A vision is based on reality.. Otherwise it is a hallucination.
Posted by canis 4 months ago
canis
They have no visions...
Posted by Ali1 4 months ago
Ali1
Maybe I should say visions instead. Why don't you canis be my opponent seeing as you disagree
Posted by canis 4 months ago
canis
If you hallucinate you see things that do not exist. I never met a christian or muslim who had seen anything.. So what do they actually talk about...?
Posted by Ali1 4 months ago
Ali1
Remember hallucinations are just like sensing stimuli.
I am saying that people DO have them and the opponent would reject this
What do you mean by dream, daydream?
Posted by isaacthemaniac 4 months ago
isaacthemaniac
Whats the debate here?are you saying that these visions are hallucinations (which would mean that they are not real) ? Or are you saying that the people who have this visions are true and you want someone to contend that they are false.
Also not sure how to debate what could be summed up as a dream