A majority of guys favorite color is blue

I asked my brother this question and he said no, but I think that it is. If you go in the men's section at the store, you will see a lot of blue. If you just ask them, they will say blue. I've been doing a survey on this and so far blue is the majority,

I am con and I do not think that a majority of guys favorite color is blue.
This can be proven by stats, and I feel that it is just a stereotype.

I just looked up the states and every graph to see and it shows that the majority is blue. Have you ever seen the men section? There is a lot of blue. I even asked around and most of the guys I asked they said blue.

First, let's begin by defining majority.

Merriam-Webster defines it as a number or percentage equaling more than half of a total.
So, majority would have to be over 50%.
So, for a majority of guys favorite color to be blue it would have to be over 50%.

Let's look at the stats.*:1400

Here is a graph that shows that blue is not a majority of guys favorite color.

Blue is at 42%. So, this would not be a majority of guys.

Although this is the most favorite color with guys when you add up all the other responses of the other colors you get 58%.

So, I would say that it is kind of mixed with males.

Here is another survey of favorite color for males and females.
List of USA Survey Results
What is your favorite color?
Blue: 44%
Green: 12%
Red: 11%
Black: 4%
Purple/Violet: 4%
Brown: 3%
Pink/rose: 3%
Beige/Tan: 2%
White: 2%
Grey: 2%
Yellow: 2%
Mauve: 2%
Fushia: 2%
Maroon: 2%

I think that you are confused by what majority means.
Because blue is not over 50%.
So, as you can see that stats show that a majority of guys favorite color is not blue.
Although it is the most favorite color with males it is not a majority because it is not over 50%.

Majority means "the greater number" As I can see from the states that you have provided me, blue has the greatest number, which means the majority of guys favorite color is blue

First off, you cannot even spell stats right.
You also use no legitimate sources, and everything you say is all opinion.

Whenever you define majority you leave out the second part of the definition. Let's look at a few definitions of the word.

According to it means:

the greater part or number; the number larger than half the total (opposed to minority):

A majority, then, consists of more than one-half of all the votes cast, while a plurality is merely the number of votes one candidate receives in excess of the votes for the candidate with the next largest number.

So, it has to be the number larger than half the total.
However with males blue is not above 50% it is at around 40%.

So, as one can see majority does not just mean the greater part or number it has to be larger than half the total.

This means that a majority of guys favorite color is not correct.

Posted by its.chandler 5 months ago
Thanks professor, I needed a history lesson. I couldn't have done it without you.
Posted by Parker_Vincent 5 months ago
"Gender identification by color began in the early 20th century in the Western world. Before this, pink and blue did not hold any gender specific connotations and there are numerous examples of men wearing pink outfits and girls wearing blue; one French author, Xavier de Maistre in his work, A Journey Around My Room published in 1794, even recommended that men choose to paint their rooms pink and white to improve the mood. Fast-forward to the early 20th century and this began to change. When it did, starting just before the 1920s, pink was deemed by many guides to be more appropriate for boys and blue for girls, although this wasn"t even remotely as popular as the 'pink is for girls, blue is for boys' association that exists today; many people completely ignored the gender recommendations altogether."