BeyondsanityandInsanity
gannon260

A mix economy of Socialism with capitalism is better then our current system.

Started: 3/14/2015 Category: Economics

BeyondsanityandInsanity

Pro

I come to you now in a debate over a old fight.

I believe that we have been listening to extremes. The great economist of the past had little in the way of understanding this world. They no matter what are dead and I think we can all agree that human nature was never there strong point. We are not as naturally greedy but we are not peaceful or as without the need for hierarchy. We are being who will corporate but will also if it best look out for our survival. We are peaceful but are aggressive and will not hesitate to enter a fight if it suits us. We need a form of hierarchy and yet we rebel. Ancient man was all of these things and dispite organization modern man is no different.

I believe to take the best of both worlds. A equal nation, corporations run by workers with the merit award by the employees. A place where market still exist yet they are taxed as they moved up. A free market with workers who ambition is rewarded with the benefits of capitalism. I believe in models like Sweden but fixed for a global scale. Let those who see a market start there business but remember that they must almost help out and pay a fair wage.

So I say you who will argue with me!

A fusion of two form those who refuse there own unity!
gannon260

Con

Capitalism is an exploitative system that permeates our world and countries economy. Models like sweden are only a tidbit of what a true socialist society can be. The Nordic model is faltering as social inequality and capitalists are slowly transforming one of karl Marx's future vision into a capitalist paradise. The effort to mix socialism and capitalism destroys what socialist stands for, the end of a brutal and dehumanizing economic system. In capitalism, humans are seen merely as resources to produce goods, the other three resources being entrepreneurship, Land, and capital.

My opponents argument of an equal nation and a nation where 'workers who's ambition is rewarded with the benefits of capitalism' is not equal at all. This form of neosocialism permeates and destroys the moral flesh of what socialism stands for, equal distribution and ensurement of goods/labor for all. A worker who's ambition is rewarded with "benefits" shows the increased stratification of people and social classes. This benefit undermines the basic truth that we as humans are all equal to one another and if one wishes to work harder then the rest, why should one become seen as more valuable to others in terms of their usevalue. We as a society cannot continue to let this idea that some people are worth more then others as a result since we are all of one species. The benefits must not come from capitalism, but from the betterment of society. If one works harder and is ambitious, he can help everyone including himself, which is where the true reward can come from.

The goal of socialism is for a new society that reinvisions and distributes labor based upon the citizens itself. This ensures free treatment of all and equal distribution to all in terms of resources. If we allow capitalism to continue to plague our system, we will slowly become into a money driven society(too late) where we value money above many things and see it as something worth divorcing others over. If the Swedish model were to be modeled in America, their will be drastic consequences since they had to reform many of their systems in the 1990's due to an economic crash. The swedish unemployment is almost 50% more then that of the US at 8% while the us is 5.5%. The Nordic model cannot work in America immediately since their culture is much different as ours is very money oreinted while their society is considering a money free economy. The Nordic model is successful in our modern day but due to the fact that it has an excessive free market system, it will not last as the rich get richer and the 1% of that system has held from 4% around the 1990's to nearly 8% now. Free market capitalism is slowly plagueing an awesome country whose model was becoming more socialist and better but now it's equal nature is detiorating.

Socialism woot woot!

http://countryeconomy.com...
http://countryeconomy.com...
http://www.bing.com...; Freorm=QBIR&pq=1%25%20wealth%20sweden&sc=0-11&sp=-1&sk=#view=detail&id=8679DE62D986D1AFB965E2400F4FB1AD0A414B9C&selectedIndex=2

BeyondsanityandInsanity

Pro

BeyondsanityandInsanity forfeited this round.
BeyondsanityandInsanity

Pro

gannon260

Con

gannon260 forfeited this round.
BeyondsanityandInsanity

Pro

gannon260

Con

gannon260 forfeited this round.
Posted by Reasonslap 1 year ago
Reasonslap
You do realize that in a socialist setting, I could not work at all and still be paid the same?
Posted by BeyondsanityandInsanity 1 year ago
BeyondsanityandInsanity
How do I delete this then! I wanted to edit it but I can't until you post a round!
BeyondsanityandInsanity
Shut up.
Posted by gannon260 1 year ago
gannon260
you do realize your not arguing for capitalism and socialism, just primarily socialism.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
I'm in America. We have a mixed economy. Where are you?