camadkins13
PowerPikachu21

A real life situation going on in my local area.

PowerPikachu21

camadkins13

Con

Faith and Casey go to school together. They were best friends for a year until one day Casey started getting stressed out and took his anger out on Faith and threatened to kill her. Faith and her mother called the police and they decided to press charges on Casey even though he had no weapon with him at the time he said this. He feels bad about what he said and he regrets it, but Faith and her mother keep pushing the case on. The school had to change Casey's schedule in the middle of the semester and they both had to have lunch in different locations. One of the problems is that Casey has a lot more friends than Faith and they put Casey in a place where no one hangs out and put Faith in a place where everybody hangs out. The court says that if this gets bad enough one of them will have to change schools. Casey has been in that school since 4th grade and Faith has been at that school since she was in 8th grade. Who should move Faith or Casey?
PowerPikachu21

Pro

I thank Con for creating a debate after 2 years of nothingness from him. Wow.

First, I would like to say something. This is a debating site, not a therapy/decision making site. So this is a bit out of place.

So my burden is to choose who should move? You know, I guess I could help Con.

Cross Examination:

"Faith and Casey go to school together. They were best friends for a year until one day Casey started getting stressed out and took his anger out on Faith and threatened to kill her." A death threat? Casey might need to try some medication or something.

"Faith and her mother called the police and they decided to press charges on Casey even though he had no weapon with him at the time he said this." Casey could've just grabbed a knife at his kitchen. Besides, I would've done the same thing if I were Faith.

"He feels bad about what he said and he regrets it, but Faith and her mother keep pushing the case on." It's a death threat. It's not to be taken lightly. Some extra details about Casey's anger issues would've been nice. Like what exactly happened?

"One of the problems is that Casey has a lot more friends than Faith and they put Casey in a place where no one hangs out and put Faith in a place where everybody hangs out." I see why this is a though time for you, but Casey just threatened somebody; a close friend of his.

"The court says that if this gets bad enough one of them will have to change schools." Hang on, Con's skipping some details. Yeah, a death threat is serious, but it happened once, right? Just once?

"Casey has been in that school since 4th grade and Faith has been at that school since she was in 8th grade." Ergo, Casey has been here longer.

"Who should move Faith or Casey?" The court says "if this gets bad enough". I imagine this is talking about Casey's anger issues. If he hasn't already, Casey should first see about some kind of anger management pills, or maybe therapy. Then, no one will have to switch schools.

In order to make a good decision, I'd need more information. What exactly happened before the threat? Is this threatening continuing? Has Casey always been angry? I am able to deduce that Faith did nothing wrong, at least Con never said anything about Faith doing anything.

So here's an analogy: Prisoner A is abusing Prisoner B whenever possible. Prisoner A is also showing signs of hostility in general. Who should move to a different cell? A or B? There's no reason to move Prisoner B, since he's the victim. And besides, Prisoner A would probably attack a different person instead. Moving Prisoner A to a more isolated area would be the better option.

Let's compare that analogy to Con's situation. Casey is being hostile. Faith is the innocent victim. Moving the victim won't solve anything, as the attacker might choose a different person to attack. Moving Casey to a private school, however, none of the other students will have to suffer. So, by this logic, Casey should A) Seek out a therapy or medication, B) If it doesn't stop, maybe move him to a private school.

So, my logic states Casey should switch schools if necessary.

So if someone wants to vote on this, I guess vote me. I was the one making decisions, Con just presented his issue. If you don't agree with my reasoning, however, feel free to let me know in the comments.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I'm male...
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: H501// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Con did not have an opinion, he was just asking a question. Therefore he loses.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter is required to assess specific arguments made by both debaters, or explain why one side failed to meet their burden of proof. That wasn't the case here, and as such, the vote is insufficient.
************************************************************************
Vote Placed by FurryDragon 1 year ago
FurryDragon
camadkins13PowerPikachu21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: well, pikachu wins, because PIKA PIKA Umm, Pro stated his reason as to why she should win, Con just presented the issue.
Vote Placed by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
camadkins13PowerPikachu21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's BOP was to resolve Con's scenario. Pro presented a resolution to the scenario stating that if necessary Casey should leave. Therefore, Pro's BOP was fulfilled and Pro wins the debate.