A religion that believes in Satan cannot be a rational position

Satan is the supreme evil spirit,adversary and deceiver to God and humanity, particularly in Abrahamic religions.

3 Rounds.
3 Days to post an argument.
8000 Characters.
No insulting.
First round is acceptance only.

I accept your debate.

I am here to argue that Satan is real and is the being which the Bible identifies. I will try to prove why it is rational and logical to believe in Satan if you believe in God.

Thanks for accepting the debate. Here's the argument to show that a position that believes in Satan cannot be valid.

1. Satan is seeking to take souls into hell
2. He deceives
3. There is no way to know that your religion wasn't created by Satan.
4. Any attempt to show that your religion was sent down by God and not Satan would be circular(By arguing within your religion. I.E. "God wouldn't let Satan get away with that" assumes your religions view of God is correct and not deceived by Satan. Another example would be quoting Mark 3:26 "And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come." This is assuming that Jesus wasn't just Satan being deceptive. Furthermore its assuming that Jesus was in fact fighting against Satan and not just pretending to get souls into hell.)
5. A position where no Satan exists is the only sound position.

1 & 2- Those are true. He is an comes to steal, kill, and destroy.

3- Not true. I know it was created by God. How do I know that? Well, everything the Bible says is true and cannot be disproven. All other religions can.

4- No it's not. That is only true assuming all my proof of my religion is scriptural, which it isn't. History has also proven our religion. For example, we first though thew Bible mentioning Hittites was false and disproven the Bible, but then we discovered that the Hittites were real. Also, many ex-Satanists (who literally worship the devil knowingly and pray to m), have testified that Christianity is from the one true God and then they converted to it. I can go on and on, but we must continue the debate.

5- That is a false statement. Without Satan, you must believe that your god brings pain, suffering, disaster, and conflict on this world. Without Satan, your god has very immoral laws. If a god allows you to murder, that god is not true. If you murder and it's against your god, without Satan, you have no explanation other than humans are corrupt, which makes your god's creation not perfect therefor your god is not omnipotent and therefor not a true god.

Con accepted 1-2

3. Con accepts 1-2. Since Satan deceives he could've sent the scripture to man. Proof of a religion from religious text doesn't tell us if it's sent down by God or Satan. Since Satan can give evidence for the religion and deceive us that it's from God to get souls into hell. Other religions such as Islam claim the same thing. There's simply no way of knowing.

4. As mentioned above evidence for a religion doesn't mean God sent it down. Satan can give evidence scriptural,historical,right in front of your face, and anything else. A Satanists converting to Christianity or Islam tells us nothing if that particular religion was from God or not. It's like the liar paradox.

5. You can have a God that's not benevolent or no God at all.

3-4. Again, there is. The Bible was created by God because it says things which only God could have knew. It is historically accurate, proving events which only God could have done. Satan can't give evidence as he does not have enough power o do what the Bible says God did. Satan is an angel, not omnipotent. He cannot flood an entire world. He cannot destroy cities. He cannot cast out Satan, as he is Satan. He will not expose his own ways, but the Bible tells us exactly who Satan is.

5. Any god besides the one true God of the Bible is not worth following.
Posted by philochristos 3 years ago
Also, clarify what you mean by "irrational." Do you mean there is something logically contradictory about it? Or do you mean something logical incoherent follows from it? Or do you mean it's unreasonable to believe?
Posted by philochristos 3 years ago
Could you clarify what you mean by "supreme"? The I ask is because in Christian theology, Satan is not like an equal and opposite God. He's not supreme in the same sense that God is a supreme good being. Satan is a created being who is subordinate to God. In what sense do you mean Satan is "supreme"?
Vote Placed by Nur-Ab-Sal 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I'm giving arguments to Pro because Con's argument was basically a blind appeal to the Bible without substantiating why the Bible is infallible. To be fair, he attempted to show that it's historically reliable, etc., but he didn't really rebut anything Pro said. Pro's final point about God's benevolence stood and the only rebuttal Con made concerned whether or not that God deserved worship. I give arguments to Pro.