8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA
dodomf22

A severely Totalitarian leader/parent is a better person than a severely Libertarian one.

8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Pro

I'm actually not playing devil's advocate here. I genuinely believe this to be true despite politically leaning to Libertarianism. I believe that Libertarianism needs the perfect amount otherwise it fails whereas I see Totalitarian leaders, even Kim Jong-Un, as genuinely caring people.

My parents, when raising me, were on the stricter side so to say but I wouldn't call them extremely Totalitarian at all. Nonetheless, if I were given the option, I'd pick a parent that sets me straight when I or others do wrong or go astray than one who is so "kind" that they don't care whatever I do.
dodomf22

Con

Viewing parenting is like viewing leadership. Authoritarian leader vs a Serving leader.
Leadership is about bringing the best out of people. Inspiring, coaching, mentoring, and making ordinary people to extraordinary people. That happens with democratic and serving leaders, not authoritarians or Totalitarian leaders who scare and bully you instead of inspiring.
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Pro

I have changed from a Libertarian to a Socialist overnight so that's why my profile altered.

I will now display the truth:

When the Totalitarian sees his/her children doing wrong, they correct it by any means necessary making their offspring and/or underlings better people and/or citizens.

The absentee, or should I say Libertarian, sees his/her children doing wrong they laugh and ignore it because hey 'freedom is more important than the law' right? WRONG!

The totalitarian would never let their child do drugs, let alone die of overdosing. their children have good grades, do well in life and will raise good children themselves. This is not about abuse as much as discipline. This is about caring no matter what that your child does right even if they hate you for it at first, they will realize later that you only wanted what's best for them.
dodomf22

Con

My friend you wrote: ' The totalitarian would never let their child do drugs, let alone die of overdosing. their children have good grades, do well in life and will raise good children themselves '

Totalitarian like libertarian would not allow their children do drugs unless they do drugs themselves. A child is a part of you. Parents' love is high to allow own children do wrong and the parent stay neutral. Nobody wants to let his child die and care not. So in this sense Libertarian like Totalitarian parents would not allow their child to do drugs or die of overdose. You made no point my friend.

Libertarian parents would want to be proud of their children so will encourage them do well in school. The difference is the Totalitarian parent would scream at and terrorize, whereas the Libertarian parent would encourage and inspire.

You win more flies with a drop of honey than with vinegar. That's the analogy between libertarian parent (using honey), than Totalitarian (using vinegar).
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Pro

Con has a total and utter misunderstanding of what Libertarianism is and stands for.

The Libertarian leader lets their underlings do as they please and if what they do harms them, the Libertarian happily would let them suffer the consequences because apathy is the epitome of Libertarianism.

The Totalitarian leader keeps their underlings form doing wrong whether or not they like it.
dodomf22

Con

dodomf22 forfeited this round.
dodomf22

Con

I was traveling so i missed the previous round.
What is the best to teach people= screaming and scaring people onto doing things or help them understand what is good and bad so they act accordingly?

Totalitarian leader/parent is a better person than a severely Libertarian one? Not at all.
Why because he does not inspire people, he scares people. People do not follow him, they simply comply for fear of punishment, therefore at the first opportunity they have they will rebel and do things in hidding.....

whereas a Libertarian leader/parent will inspire, teach, counsel you. You then are conscious of right and wrong. He does not need to follow you because you know what to do already.

A Totalitarian parent will close the door so the bird does not fly out. Soon as the bird gets an opportunity to evade it runs away.
A libertarian leader will leave the door open, the bird will fly out but still come back.
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Pro

Libertarian leaders do not teach/counsel or anything. The entire concept of their leadership is to be a non-leader-like as possible and do as little as one possibly can.

They will let you put your hand in thefire and burn and not want to ask for tax to give you healthcare to survive the burn. The Totalitarian leader will scare you to even dare putting your hand in fire in first place.

I win,thanks and goodbye.
dodomf22

Con

dodomf22 forfeited this round.
Posted by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
Pfalcon1318
So, your debate is on parents but you mention politics. Which one are you trying to debate?
Posted by nickel531 2 years ago
nickel531
I guess the question I have would be what is your definition of better? Is it the better based on the individual citizen? Is it better based on the state as a whole as far as efficiency? Is it better based on the various Human Rights Indexes? Just a general curiosity before I become too invested.
Posted by Voxol 2 years ago
Voxol
id rather live in the USSR over Somalia