A vegetarian lifestyle is better than one of a meat eaters.

A vegetarian diet is better than one of a meat eater's for various reasons, but in this argument I will stress on two.
Animal Suffrage: Having a vegetarian lifestyle helps not only you as an individual, but also helps save millions of animals that get harmed and slaughtered yearly.
It"s cruel and unethical to kill animals when vegetarian options are available.
- Animals have emotions and social connections.
- Scientific study shows cattle pigs and chickens and all warm-blooded experience stress, fear and pain
- 35 million cows, 115 million pigs, and 9 billion birds killed for food each year.
-; These animals should not have to die to satisfy an unnecessary dietary preference.
-; Raising animals in confinement is cruel.
-; 50% of meat produced in the United States comes from confined animal feeding operations (CAFOs)
Where animals live in filthy, overcrowded spaces.
-; In CAFOs pigs have their tails cut off, chickens have their toenails and beaks clipped off, and cows have their horns removed and tails cut off with no painkillers.
- Pregnant pigs are kept in metal gestation crates barely bigger than they are.
- Baby cows raised for veal are tied up and confined in tiny stalls their entire short lives (3-18 weeks).
Animals raised for food in US not slaughtered humanely.
-HMSA (Humane methods of slaughter act) necessitates that cows be unconscious before slaughter to readuce suffering
- Birds and pigs have no rules of such
- And slaughter houses still mostly ignore HMSA

Health and Nutrition: A vegetarian diet gives one a complete nutrition with additional health benefits that meat cannot provide.
- According to the American Dietetic Association, a vegetarian diet is healthier than a meat eating diet because
- Vegetarian diets meet protein requirements, provide all the essential amino-acids), and improve health.
- It can also provide all the necessary vitamins, fats, and minerals, and can improve one"s health.
- According to the USDA and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, meat is not an essential part of a healthy diet.
A vegetarian diet provides a more healthful form of iron than a meat-based diet.
- Studies have linked heme iron found in red meat with an increased risk of colon and rectal cancer.
- Vegetarian sources of iron like leafy greens and beans contain non-heme iron.
A vegetarian diet helps build healthy bones because vegetarians absorb more calcium than meat eaters.
-Meat has high renal acid levels which the body must neutralize by leaching calcium from the bones, which is then passed into urine and lost.
- There are many sources of healthy vegetarian calcium including tofu, dark leafy greens like kale, spinach, and collard greens, as well as fortified cereals.
A vegetarian diet lowers the risk of heart disease.
- According to a peer-reviewed 1999 study of 76,000 people, vegetarians had 24% lower mortality from heart disease than meat eaters.
-A vegetarian diet also helps lower blood pressure, prevent hypertension, and thus reduce the risk of stroke.
Eating meat increases the risk of getting type 2 diabetes.
- A peer-reviewed 2004 study from Harvard researchers found that eating meat increases the risk of getting type 2 diabetes in women
- 2002 study found that eating processed meat increases the risk in men.
- A vegetarian diet rich in whole grains, legumes, nuts, and soy proteins helps to improve glycemic control in people who already have diabetes.

Vegetarians live longer.
- A Mar. 12, 2012 peer-reviewed study of 121,342 people found that eating red meat was associated with an increased risk of death from cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- A peer-reviewed 2003 study found that adherence to vegetarian diets or diets very low in meat for 20 years or more can increase life expectancy by 3.6 years.
- A peer-reviewed July 9, 2001 study of Seventh-Day Adventists who were vegetarian (or ate very little meat) showed longevity increases of 7.28 years for men and 4.42 years for women.
- On June 3, 2013 a peer-reviewed study of 73,308 people found that a vegetarian diet is associated with a 12% reduction in all-cause mortality

A vegetarian diet promotes a healthy weight.
- According to a peer-reviewed 2003 Oxford University study of 37,875 healthy men and women aged 20-97, 5.4% of meat eaters were obese compared to 3% of vegetarians.
- Meat eaters had an average Body Mass Index (BMI) 8.3% higher than vegetarians.
-Another 2006 meta-study that compiled data from 87 studies also found that vegetarian diets are associated with reduced body weight. [124]

Studies show that vegetarians are up to 40% less likely to develop cancer than meat eaters.
- According to a peer-reviewed 1994 study by Harvard researchers, consuming beef, pork, or lamb five or more times a week significantly increases the risk of colon cancer.
- The World Cancer Research Fund found that eating processed meats such as bacon or sausage increases this risk even further.
- A 2014 study found that diets high in animal protein were associated with a 4-fold increase in cancer death risk compared to high protein diets based on plant-derived protein sources.
World Hunger: Eating Meat uses up many of the plant resources and causes most third world countries to not be able to grow enough food.
A vegetarian diet can help alleviate world hunger.
- Over 10 pounds of plant protein are used to produce one pound of beef protein.
- If these grains were fed to humans instead of animals, more food would be available for the 925 million people in chronic hunger worldwide.
Research from Cornell University found that the grain used to feed US livestock alone could feed 800 million people.

better-ADJECTIVE-comparative of good and well.

good-to be desired or approved of

look, your whole argument is relative of what people desire or aprove of. Also, your argument is plagarized vi

I like meat, Bacon tastes good and i like it, therefore bacon is good. Since Bacon is better than salads or other vegetarian food according to me and other bacon and meat lovers, meat eaters lifestyles are better than vegetarians. Vegetarians tend to be more concious about their weight and exercise, otherwise why would they be vegetarians. accounting for this, it can be safely assumed that a meat eater with similar lifestyles to vegetarians would have similar health. Our ancient ancestors were carnivorous since they have cave painting drawings of hunting animals and were they unhealthy after running around hunting all day? probably not. Sure Greenhouse gas emissions may be higher for producing meat. look there is more than enough food to feed the world, it's just that food distribution and economics make it so this food doesn't reach those who need it most. Eating animals is key to their survival as a species. Animals like the Dodo bird could have been saved if they were mass farmed and maybe we'd still see these beautiful creatures. Existence of these animals is very important and its more ethical to ensure their species survive and that we benefit from it as well. Honestly, a good hamburger in my opinion is worth all the drawbacks of animal cruelty, health, and the environment. A good bacon cheeseburger makes me happy and i think my happiness is more important than raising pigs for my benefit. Sure, animal cruelty is bad and all, but in the end, is it really the meat eaters fault? It's the corporation that you should be fighting, not the consumer. Yes, the consumer is paying revenue to the corporation, but they need to get their bacon cheeseburger for their happiness. Some people can't even afford to go all out vegetarian since meat is cheap and affordable per calorie.

OK, your main points are complete plaigerism of a website you didn't even site. That is really unethical and bad for debate. We are here to debate a topic and formulate our own arguments, not to copy and paste the arguments of others. I think the voters should vote based on that single most incriminating fact. Plaigerism is bad for debate, if we were allowed to plaigerize, would i really be debating or commenting on an article that my opponent has posted? Judges, go to this link and look at the pro aspects and you will see stark similarities.

First, you can't base your theories on our "cavemen ancestors" We live in a new era where development is key. Just because cavemen ate rocks doesn't mean we should start serving rocks to each other. And if you really believe that meat tastes good go ahead just remember that meat from mcdonalds promotes cancer.Yea, that McChicken can kill you Vegetarians in your mind might be anorexic, but you can't base you reasoning of stereotypes. Vegetarian people become vegan for all kinds of reasons. If you go back and see my claim it says the lifestyle is better not necessarily the people who Choose it. Animal cruelty only begins because there are so many people who demand to eat meat that no one cares for the animals. It works this way demand goes up then care for animals goes down. I apologize for plagiarism i truly thought that using the statistics and Harvard study results was permitted even after I credited Harvard. Please truly pick who you think had the more organized argument and good refutation. May the best man/woman win. Thank you for your time.

cavemen didn't eat rocks, i don't understand your logic. I don't understand much of your sentence structure. The fact of the matter is, this debate topic is all relavent to one's own perspective. I see that a meat eating lifestyle is better than a vegetarian lifestyle, that is a fact. Look, people buy from companies and factory farms that conduct animal abuse, but places like the EU have banned commercial farming and the abuses and the meat is no longer incredibly cruely farmed like in the US. OK, maybe meat eating is correlated with cancer, i still have a choice and a belief that it is still better than vegetarianism. Arguing as con, I would like to reiterate that farming these animals have protected their existence. If we farmed Dodo birds, maybe they wouldn't have sadly become extinct. Honestly, I have seen many vegetarians, and they look really unhealthy and seem tired all the time. My old science teacher once had a weird chronic illness that stopped once she started eating meat. Vegetarianism, like i have said previously, may not be economical for everyone and vegetarianism is quite costly. When money comes into the matter, meat is cheaper per calorie then 10X the veggies. This is why i prefer to be a meat eater, as well as the fact that bacon tastes really really good and makes me happy. I don't really believe in living a life where im constantly forced to not enjoy 75% of the food i enjoy to live longer, thats trading quality for the quantity of years you live. Vegetarianism is not worth the loss of health, money, happiness, and my own views. Meat eaters do not cause mass cruelty, factory farmers do and place like europe have banned them altogether.

Plaigerism is an offense to debate, you should never debate by copying a majority of your arguments from a website. That's not debating, it's just posting a website on a debate forum. You should vote con purely based on plaigerism, if not, then choose which side makes sense.
Posted by DTSmember 1 year ago
Hitler was a vegetarian.
Posted by gannon260 1 year ago
preach, plus not everyone wants to eat vegan 24/7. Bad farming practices can be solved through regulation like in Europe.
Posted by Idiosyncratic 1 year ago
Cavemen aside, I love meat. There is nothing like the taste of a very sad hamburger. Is that grease, or cow tears? Ehh, whatev, it taste good. However, some things are a bit cruel. Most foul farming, if done for eggs, consists of hormone shots and cramped spaces. Needless to say, hormones are unhealthy, both for animals and those who consume them. However, if done properly like actually farm raised beef, pork, foul, or other meats, there is no issue. Animals are essentially resources. Just like trees. Are they important to a healthy lasting environment and good ecology? Yes. Is it right to use them? Um, yes, yes it is. Resources are meant to be used. Here in Mississippi, we have a problematic excess of deer. An overpopulation. Hunters are literally encouraged to hunt. However, it is considered wasteful and immoral to kill a deer and not make use of it. We eat them. Yes that's right. Truss them up and gut them. And you know what? They are delicious. Not saying people who eat a strictly veggie diet are missing anything, but just look at India. Cows literally walk the streets, and a lot of people starve. Just saying: if you have a resource, use it. It's the smart thing to do :)
Posted by UndeniableReality 1 year ago
You went mistook yourself for 11 and then realized you are 13? That's believable. Cognitively 13, maybe. Btw, your sources are not supposed to be kept secret in a debate. You're supposed to list them. Otherwise it is plagiarism.
Posted by bat9581 1 year ago
Boo, plagiarism. I would vote all Con if I had voting privileges because of that.
Posted by gannon260 1 year ago
bacon cheeseburges FTW!!!!
Posted by gannon260 1 year ago
plaigerism is not good for debate bro, like seriously. s/he has every right to comment on a post if it infringes on the very basis of debate. Debate is about arguments and not the regurgitation of the citation of outside sources. This would have been much more acceptable if you cited your sources. Age is a number, it doesn't matter.
Posted by Sriya 1 year ago
I seem t have made a mistake for I am 13 not 11 but nonetheless age should not matter on how you treat another person.
Posted by philochristos 1 year ago
Plagarism is a Bozo no no. Pro really has no chance of winning this debate because of it.
Posted by Sriya 1 year ago
Excuse me, that website was one if my many resources i used 6 other resources along with that one. If you look closely the ideas are similar because I have used that resource's ideas for research and etc. please do not reply to this comment for i feel that I have no business with you. I still wish to continue this debate but because you have given my opponent the upper hand you have taken out the sportsmanship from this debate. I am just 11 years old and have to put up with this? I am sorry if I have offended any of you and please restrain commenting that you are going to eat meat. I too eat meat. My claim is that one lifestyle is better than the other not that you should all give up your habits right now. Good sportsmanship is key in a healthy debate. Thank you for your time.
Vote Placed by o0jeannie0o 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Bias facts that are plagiarized and uncredited (all three "points"). I grew up on an organic ranch, animals are not treated like you describe, they are treated almost like pets. In fact the animals would not exist if it where not for that farm. I don't believe this is always the case but It is where I get my meat. Vegetarians, on average, "care" about what they eat more then "meat eaters" meaning they don't eat a lot of junk and sugar so they are healthier. They also tend to be in better shape. It makes sense, If someone doesn't care about how their chips where made why would they care where their meat comes from? The facts are you get a lot of necessary fats and proteins from meat, per calorie, then from vegetarian based foods, with more variety.