Alycat
godsend221

A world without religion is better than a world with religion

godsend221

Alycat

Con

Is a world without religion better than a world with religion? Do we need religion? Debate with me why you think atheism is best.
godsend221

Pro

If you are suggesting that a person's relationship with God (whether you believe there is a God or not is irrelevant in this argument as the subject is "the world with or without religion, which is better..") is better than one where a person has no relationship with God then you automatically are making the assumption that all faiths of every kind are bad and can have no good effects on man kind. Yes for christians there has been some bad points in history for sure, but out of those came lots of good things. The reformation being just one example. While there are many generally ignorant christians out there and misrepresent the truth about the bible and God, that doesn't mean the bible and God are bad. Never judge a product just by the spokesman.
Alycat

Con

Pardon? I'm not exactly sure I just understood what you said. What I'm asking you to debate with me about is : a world without religion better than one with religion. Its pretty simple.
godsend221

Pro

Your thesis contains the word "better" please define that word. As it is right now, I have no way of defining what you mean by "better". The statement "A world without religion is better than a world with religion" is declarative. Why do you say a world without religion is better than a world with religion?
Alycat

Con

Well as you can see Im against it topic of it. I am saying is living in a world without religion better than living in a world with religion. Im sorry if you don`t get it or I am unclear.
godsend221

Pro

godsend221 forfeited this round.
Alycat

Con

Alycat forfeited this round.
godsend221

Pro

godsend221 forfeited this round.
Posted by Alycat 3 years ago
Alycat
Oh sorry, I'm not as advanced in debating as you guys. You guys are , I don't know? University level? True I have flaws and I'm just learning. And by the way, I am an atheist. Not a Christian.
Posted by godsend221 3 years ago
godsend221
Well, whoever started this debate doesn't know the difference between Pro and Con. The person who says they are for a world without religion is designated as con when they should be pro.
Posted by Dognip 3 years ago
Dognip
Its opinion
Posted by godsend221 3 years ago
godsend221
No it's just over your head.
Posted by TheEnergyHippo 3 years ago
TheEnergyHippo
Another christian failed a debate.
Vote Placed by Stonewall 3 years ago
Stonewall
Alycatgodsend221Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Well, that was a pretty cruddy argument. But for the little bit that was there, Pro made a better case. Con just reiterated what he thought with no real points.