Lucassamson
Perturbed

ALLAH IS A MOON "g"OD

Lucassamson

Con

it has been a widely spread propaganda that "ALLAH" the God of Muslims is a moon God. in this debate, I would like to have a friendly dialogue with an intellectual Non-muslim.

The pro should be aware that the first round should be acceptance and he should start his argument in the second round.

The third round should be rebuttals made by both parties in the second round.

GOODLUCK!
Perturbed

Pro

I accept this argument.
I am 100% Christian, and I
understand this argument
is about Allah and him as a
Moon God. I will be debating
about him as the omniscient
being in Islam.

Lucassamson

Con

It's funny how some anti-Islamics claim that Muslims worship
a moon god when Allah Almighty in the Noble Quran directly
refuted this: "Among His Signs are the Night and the Day,
and the Sun and the Moon. Adore not the sun and the moon ,
but adore God, Who created them, if it is Him ye wish to
serve. (The Noble Quran, 41:37) ".This verse clearly portrays that the moon is just one of the signs of the ALLAH.

Muslims do not believe in worshiping idols or moon Gods.
Nor any Muslim believes that the reason why the Crescent is
the Muslims' symbol on their flag is because Muhammad
(peace be upon him) had cut the moon in half with his sword.
That is a fabricated lie about Muhammad and Islam. The
reason why the Crescent is the symbol on our flag is because
we start our fasting month "Ramadan" when the Crescent
appears, and we end that month when the full moon appears
after 30 or 31 days of the Crescent's appearance.

"They ask thee Concerning the New Moons. Say: They are
but signs To mark fixed periods of time In (the affairs of)
men, And for Pilgrimage. It is no virtue if ye enter the houses
from the back: It is virtue if ye fear Allah. Enter houses
Through the proper doors: And fear Allah: That ye may
prosper. (The Noble Quran, 2:189) ".As we clearly see in the Noble Verse, moon is nothing but a tool used by the Muslims. It is not GOD
Almighty to us, nor do we use it in our worship.

No where was it written in the Quran that ALLAH is a moon. for now, I rest my pen
Perturbed

Pro

I can guarantee you that I believed that in Islam, Allah is the omniscient being in their religion.

However, upon research on Allah, I see that 1/10th of Americans believe Allah is a Pagan Moon God.

The fact the the Muslim "holy" month of Ramadan starts at sight of a new crescent is one way Muslims believe he is a moon god. The Koran is not specific on Allah's definition, as Allah meaning "the God", we don't know what type of God Allah is, yet believers take him as a Supreme Deity. The crescent Moon symbol (a70;) is represented as "Moon God" in the ancient Middle East, and this symbol is found on the top of many mosques (which, of course, you should know as a place of worship to Allah). Similar to the pre-Christian Roman Empire beliefs, which was to worship outer space Gods, like Saturn and Jupiter, pre-Muslims worshipped heavenly bodies, like the Moon, because they were amazed of the objects they saw in space, and did not know what the heck it was (because they didn't have advanced technology that we have today), which made them decide that those "big objects" they see in the sky were to be worshipped. In the ancient Middle East, worship of the Moon God (aliases were Suen, Sin, and Allah) was usual. It was so common, that the writers of the "Old Testament" felt the had to reprobate lunar Gods in several verses, such as the ones below;

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven.
The Bible, Deuteronomy 4:19 (NIV)

13 The houses in Jerusalem and those of the kings of Judah will be defiled like this place, Topheth—all the houses where they burned incense on the roofs to all the starry hostsand poured out drink offerings to other gods.’”
The Bible, Jeremiah 19:13 (NIV)

Since the sun beat down in the Middle East(Across the Middle East, summer temperatures are usually around 85 F, but often rise above 100. Source URL: http://www.climateof.com...), locals decided that the Sun shouldn't be worshipped, since they were often melting in that boiling pot, unlike the Moon God who appeared at night, when the source of heat died down.

The fact that Muslims regard what was primarily a shrine to a pre-Muslim lunar deity as their holiest place is, of course, further proof that Allah was originally a “Moon god”. Why did Muhammad not build a new shrine for the God of his new religion instead of simply taking over one, which was already devoted to Allah the “Moon god”?

The fact that, to this day, when Muslims make their pilgrimage to Mecca, they kiss or touch the black meteorite in the Kaaba, which is yet more proof that Allah was originally a lunar deity. Why did Muhammad not create a new "holy relic" for Muslims to kiss or touch, instead of telling them to kiss or touch Allah the Moon god's "holy relic"?

Although the word "Allah" simply means "God", the fact that Muhammad did not invent a new name for his new Muslim god when he invented Islam is, of course, even more proof that Allah was originally a lunar deity. There is no debate about the fact that the Moon god worshipping Meccans referred to their supreme deity as Allah before Muhammad, which is why a man called Abd-Allah – meaning "servant of Allah", or "slave of Allah" – lived in Mecca before Muhammad and that man was very Muhammad’s father.

He was presumably called Abd-Allah, because his Banu Hashim clansmen of the Quraysh tribe were pious devotees of their Moon god, as they were in charge of looking after the Kaaba shrine. Abd-Allah was not given a new Muslim name after Muhammad invented Islam, because Abd-Allah died 6 months before Muhammad was born. Moreover, even Muhammad had given one of his sons the name Abd-Allah well before he began inventing Islam at the age of 40 by writing the “Koran".

I am pretty sure I did a good job here. Awaiting the rebuttals, I will be on my couch, probably rethinking all of these research.

Just one question...

Are you Muslim?

Lucassamson

Con

I really appreciate the efforts that the pro had combined to make up his argument in the second round of this debate. furthermore, the intelligent points the pro states in his arguments are not unnoticed.He really portrayed he is up to the task. nevertheless,since the third round is refutation of points, I will not hesitate to refute all his points one after the other as words permit me because there's a limit to the amount of words I can type.Here are my rebuttals.

REBUTTAL 1
-----------------
The pro wrote;

/////// "i can guarantee you that I believed that in Islam,
Allah is the omniscient being in their religion.
However, upon research on Allah, I see that
1/10th of Americans believe Allah is a Pagan
Moon God."///////

Not to waste much time on this, I am of the opinion that this argument is not pertinent as the topic is not about what 1/10th Americans believe. if because 1/10th of Americans believe ALLAH is a moon god makes him a moon god, then should we conclude that because more than 70% of atheist believe Jesus did not exist makes it true that he never existed?....a nut for the pro to crack

REBUTTAL 2
------------------
The pro wrote;

///// "The fact the the Muslim "holy" month of Ramadan starts at
sight of a new crescent is one way Muslims believe he is a
moon god."////////

This point made by the pro is especially obnoxious. There is no Muslim who believes ALLAH is a moon god. All Muslims believe ALLAH is the creator of the moon, the Stars, the sun, in a nutshell, ALLAH is the creator of what's on earth and what's above.

The pro also made mention of the"holy" month of Ramadan.That the month of Ramadan starts at the sight of a new crescent moon does not mean Muslims worship the moon as ALLAH who created the moon directly refutes the pro in the Quran and here's the proof;

"Among His Signs are the Night and
the Day,
serve. (The Noble Quran, 41:37) ".

according to this verse, we can deduce that the moon is among the signs to calculate seasons and Muslims had been enjoined not to adore the moon. interestingly enough, I am not expecting it to flabbergast the readers if I bring verses from the Bible where the Jews use the "NEW MOON" to mark their thanksgiving and other festivals.i quote;

"1 Chronicles 23:31 They must also give thanks and sing
praises when sacrifices are offered on each Sabbath, as
well as during NEW MOON Festivals and other religious
feasts. There must always be enough Levites on duty at the
temple to do everything that needs to be done."

" Numbers 10:10 During the celebration of the New Moon
Festival and other religious festivals, sound the trumpets while
you offer sacrifices. This will be a reminder that I am the
LORD your God."

1 Samuel 20:5 David answered: Tomorrow is the New Moon
Festival , and I'm supposed to eat dinner with your father. But
instead, I'll hide in a field until the evening of the next day.

After quoting these three verses from the Bible that talks about the NEW MOON being celebrated, I am posing questions to the pro and here they are

1. The Jews even celebrated the new moon with their "Festivals"
as these verses, and many more in the Bible, clearly state!
Does this now mean that the Jews worship the new moon?

2.If Allah is a moon god, why would he order Muslims not to adorn the moon?

in conclusion, I would like to add that the pro preposterously wrote that Muslims believe ALLAH is a moon god in the second line of the third paragraph of his second round of argument.it is not only preposterous, it is also erroneous and untrue.

REBUTTAL 3
-------------
The pro wrote;

////" The Koran is not specific on Allah's definition, as
Allah meaning "the God", we don't know what type of God
Allah is, yet believers take him as a Supreme Deity."/////

There is an adage that goes thus, "the more you see, the more you know ".For those who have had the privilege to read through the Quran, it would be very axiomatic that what the pro said about the Quran not being specific on Allah's definition is untrue. furthermore, he also said we don't know the type of God ALLAH is,i also insist that this is false.

I am using this medium to show the pro the definition of Allah in the Quran and the Quran is very specific about this. I quote;

QURAN 112,surah ikhlas.

Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One,
112:2
Allah , the Eternal Refuge.
112:3
He neither begets nor is born,
112:4
Nor is there to Him any equivalent. http://quran.com...

The verse above defines ALLAH. The pro also said WE don't know what type of God,Allah is. if he doesn't know, I and more than a billion Muslims know. I will give you an insight of the type of God,Allah is below.

Ar-Rahman The All-Merciful
Ar-Rahim The All-Beneficient
Al-Malik The Absolute Ruler
Al-Quddus The Pure One
As-Salam The Source of Peace
Al-Mu"min The Inspirer of Faith
Al-Muhaymin The Guardian..

http://sufism.org...

REBUTTAL 4
------------
The pro wrote;

///// The fact that Muslims regard what was primarily a shrine to a
pre-Muslim lunar deity as their holiest place is, of course,
further proof that Allah was originally a "Moon god". Why did
Muhammad not build a new shrine for the God of his new
religion instead of simply taking over one, which was already
devoted to Allah the "Moon god"?/////

it is a pity that the pro is misinformed about the history of the kabbah. Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, claimed that the
stone was sent down by Allah Almighty to Prophet Abraham
and his son Ishmael, peace be upon both of them, to give the
precise location of where the Kaaba was to be built by them.
We believe that Prophets Abraham and Ishmael built the
Kaaba. http://www.al-islam.org...

Muslims do not worship the kabbah, it unifies the Muslims when praying. only Muslims face the same direction when praying. if Muslims truly worship the kabbah, why is it that there's no mention of kabbah in the Daily prayers of Muslims?

Another reason why prophet Muhammad (saw) couldn't build another house for ALLAH is in the Quran. I quote

" "Behold! We gave the site, To Abraham, of the (Sacred)
House (i.e., the Kaaba), (Saying): 'Associate not anything (In
worship) with Me; And sanctify My House For those who
compass it round, Or stand up, Or bow, or prostrate
themselves (Therein in prayer). And proclaim the Pilgrimage
among men: they will come to thee on foot and (mounted) on
every kind of camel, lean on account of journeys through deep
and distant mountain highways; (The Noble Quran,
22:26-27) ""

we can see that the kabbah was erected by by ABRAHAM (PBUH).I also insist that Muslims don't worship idols because Islam has nothing to do with paganism and I quote;

"Say: 'O People of the Book (i.e., Jews and Christians)!
Come to common terms as between us and you: That we
worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with
Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and
patrons other than Allah.' If then they turn back, say ye:
'Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to
Allah's Will).' (The Noble Quran, 3:64) "

REBUTTAL 5
------------
The pro wrote;

//// Abd-Allah was not given a new Muslim name
after Muhammad invented Islam, because Abd-Allah died 6
months before Muhammad was born. Moreover, even
Muhammad had given one of his sons the name Abd-Allah
well before he began inventing Islam at the age of 40 by
writing the "Koran".////

in pre -Islamic Arabia, Allah was believed to be the CHIEF of all gods. HE was also believed to have three daughters. All these were wrong attributes and ALLAH, through his humble servant, prophet Muhammad (saw) revealed his concept and this concept lies in chapter 112 of the glorious Quran and I quote;

Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One,
112:2
Allah , the Eternal Refuge.
112:3
He neither begets nor is born,
112:4

By the way, I have an humble request I want to make, since the Arabs won't call God in Arabic, can the pro help me with the translation of genesis1:1 of the Arabic Bible and let's see if Arabic speaking Christians also worship a moon god?

Here, I draw the curtain and I think I have been able to make it vivid that ALLAH IS NOT A MOON GOD even with the juxtaposition of the role of moon in the Bible and Quran. I will not forget the question the pro asked me............

YES,I AM A MUSLIM AND AM PROUD TO BE ONE.

PEACE!
Perturbed

Pro

Perturbed forfeited this round.
Posted by Lucassamson 2 years ago
Lucassamson
thewordislife, can you proof it?
Posted by TheWORDisLIFE 2 years ago
TheWORDisLIFE
Allah is a stone.
Posted by POPOO5560 2 years ago
POPOO5560
Quran 41:40
Among His Signs are the Night and the Day, and the Sun and the Moon. Do not prostrate to the sun and the moon, but prostrate to Allah, Who created them, if it is Him ye wish to serve.

1 verse from the Quran would do the job
Posted by StalinIncarnate 2 years ago
StalinIncarnate
Allah is a Moon God? Muslims don't believe that, Dafuq.

Jesus is a Bagel, I'll be Con on that one.