AOW War Debate: Chad (pro) vs Niger (con)
Debate Rounds (5)
This is a war debate. It is impossible to accept this debate. If you want to accept, please send me a PM. If you somehow find a way to accept this debate, you will automatically forfeit the complete 7 points. You are the country Niger. Tell me why I should choose you to be my opponent; give me a very good reason as to why you want to do this debate and why you would be a worthy opponent. I am Chad. Comment if you are interested. If you want to debate, message me.
If you are a member of the Art of War (AOW) debate group [created by @The-Voice-of-Truth], then you must vote on this debate. If you are a member of AOW and accept this debate, then state your win/loss ratio.
If you are interested in joining AOW, message @TheRussian or @The-Voice-of-Truth. The primary prerequisite to join this group is: you have to have participated in AT LEAST ONE war debate. If you are a member of AOW, you must vote on other members' war debates unless a valid reason is given. You can challenge other members to debates related to war game scenarios.
There is a Moderator who will ensure that this debate follows the below rules. For this debate, the Moderator is (insert member name).
There are some strict rules that apply. Voters must penalize any violation of the rules.
1. When you accept the debate, state your country, and state the numbers of your armed forces (aircraft, men, ships, etc.). Use this source for military numbers ONLY, as it is the most reliable: http://www.globalfirepower.com......;
2. Each country's turn can range from about 3 days to 60 days long, so all actions must be in accordance with this time period. (DO NOT try to win in one turn! Take into account that your opponent is also a living, thinking being that can adapt to a situation.)
3. Morale is a key factor in your armed forces' effectiveness.
4. You may produce more military forces (soldiers, ships, aircraft, tanks/humvees/cavalry), but it depends on your military budget, your country's population, and how industrialized your nation is.
5. We both defend and attack.
6. In round one, only defensive maneuvers are allowed.
7. The defender's primary military objective is to remove the attacker's forces from the defender's territory. The attacker's primary military objective is to annex the other country, or destroy it (physically, economically, etc). Secondary military objectives can be made by the debaters if they wish. Fulfillment of the military objectives is victory. If either side fails to fulfill their set objectives, the voters are free to reasonably determine the winner based off of who was more successful in completing their objectives.
8. If a nation's capital is destroyed/liberated, this does not necessarily mean that the war is won; the capital could be recaptured. If one of the debaters destroys or controls the administration of the opposing country, OR if the opposing country is destroyed to the point of no administration, then that debater is immediately guaranteed a 7-point victory.
9. Every aspect of the war must be realistic and must remain within the parameters established by the rules and the title. Any unrealistic action and actions deviating from the rules will cause the entire action to be void. Any further deviation after the first void action will result in a complete debate forfeiture.
10. Weapons of mass destruction are NOT allowed. A WMD is defined as:
-Radiological weapon or a radiological dispersion device: any weapon designed to spread radioactive material
-Nuclear or Thermonuclear weapon: an explosive device that derives its destructive force from nuclear reactions
-Chemical weapon: a device that inflicts chemicals designed to harm or kill humans/animals
-Biological weapon: the use of biological toxins or infectious organisms to inflict damage.
Non-conventional detonation of conventional weapons IS allowed.
11. No allies (NATO, UN, Muslim Brotherhood, or otherwise) under ANY circumstances. Annexation of other countries or agreements that allow formations of larger nations and/or direct military intervention is NOT allowed. Personnel and forces CANNOT be supplied by other nations.
You CAN have military or diplomatic agreements and/or treaties with other nations (agreements not to interfere etc). Radical groups, militant organizations, paramilitary factions et cetera are NOT allowed.
Religion is NOT a factor. No economic sanctions from any other nation, but economic warfare is allowed.
You cannot increase your country"s population, nor can you use ANY method to allow the involvement of other countries other than what is specified. You cannot receive donations or economic support from private agencies.
12. Cyberwarfare is allowed. Electronic warfare is limited to radar/radio jamming and interception; NO EMPs.
13. The country chosen must be one of the 206 sovereign states recognized by the United Nations as of 2015. Former states such as the USSR are not accepted, nor are territory-controlling factions not officially recognized by the United Nations, such as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, currently the Islamic State), and Gaza Strip, controlled by Hamas, but recognized by the UN as a part of Palestine. You cannot choose my nation.
14. Appropriate conduct MUST be maintained: no insults, cursing, profanity, vulgar language or trolling. Any violation of appropriate conduct WILL BE REPORTED to DDO authorities.
15. If you fail to follow the rules once, you will be given a warning and your actions in that round will be void. Further disobedience of ANY of these rules WILL result in an immediate loss of the debate.
16. The Instigator is Pro.
17. These debates are strictly Force versus Force; no civilian action is allowed unless Total War is declared.
18. TOTAL WAR can be declared only as an absolute last resort. Total war is defined as the complete mobilization of all available manpower of the country. In a state of total war, every able citizen either joins the military personnel or the military labor workforce.
19. All scenarios MUST be realistic; there MUST be an established reason for conflict.
20. We may either follow the date-time storyline format, or state the events that occur directly as realistically possible in a period of 45 days.
21. This is a Category 2 AOW debate. A category 2 debate DO NOT allow the usage of WMDs. Category 1 debates allow WMDs.
Dude its Niger not Nigeria.
Thus, that round is not valid. It even says in the title,Chad vs Niger, which is not a typo.
So since Niger also shares Chad lake, the war starts same way except with Niger not Nigeria.
Also can you say how much money you put in cyber defense? I can say I put an extra dollar to cyber defense, but that isn't going to do anything.
11/10 Chad begins to mobilize against Niger.
11/11 Niger begins to mobilize against Chad. Chad calls in the grand diplomat Mr. Almighty for any suggestion for a diplomatic or war strategy.
11/12 Mr. Almighty arrives in Chad. Chad's government has a banquet for him, but he insists on having some to spare for the poor.
11/13 America proclaims neutrality in this war. They want no part in this war until it is over.
11/14 A Chad army 5,000 strong begins its march to Niger. Along with soldiers it has 20 tanks, 50 AFVs, and 9 helicopters with 2 fixed wing aircraft and transport planes keep their supplies up.
11/15 Chad liquidates 300 million of its foreign exchanges and gold invested in buying the right to produce South African Denel AH-2 Rooivalk. This helicopter is of little use to South Africa due to funding problems. Also with their supplies pretty good, the transport aircraft and a 5 helicopters go on ahead.
11/17 The Chad army has just began passing the border while the aircraft that went ahead remains undetected as of the moment. To hopefully help conceal them Chad is trying to find a way to jam radio and radar for the Niger military. For now they have limited success.
11/18 Chad has successfully jammed most radio and radar of the enemy. The aircraft that got ahead attack the small town of Bilma. The transport aircraft paratroop about 20 soldiers. The helicopters fire at many buildings. They stop once the troops land. The Chadian troops order a surrender. No response comes causing them to whip out their combat knives. Anyone who tries to fight back gets shot. After the massacre, the Chadian troops have control of this town (or what is left) 2,400 civilians lay dead. Only 1 Chadian troop was injured. Any civilian who tried to escape was shot by the helicopters. The 100 survivors who are alive become prisoners of war.
11/19 No word of the Bilma massacre has been shown. About 20 of the surviving citizens have committed suicide. Another 30 are dying from injury or sickness. The other 50 are the slaves of the Chadian soldiers. 10 Chadian troops went, including the injured one are en route to meet with the Chadian army who so far had met little resistance. The remaining 10 soldiers have a month's worth of supplies for themselves. Chad begins trying to attack on the cyber front.
11/25 The rest of the Chad army about to reach Nguigmi soon expects resistance when they get there. At Bilma, the soldiers after a previous order given to the prisoners, the now 30 prisoners to shove all the bodies into 4 of the few surviving buildings not occupied. They now execute the remaining survivors. 7 soldiers are unsure of the sergeant's brutality. At night 5 Chadian soldiers lay dead with one being the sergeant. Requesting a helicopter they wait, hoping their next commander will be less brutal.
12/1 At the start of December, the assault on Nguimi begins. Most civilians evacuated a battle ensues. After the battle 1,000 soldiers lay dead on both sides. Another 1,000 civilians of Niger caught in the fire die. 1 Chadian tank and 15 AFVs on both sides are destroyed. 2 helicopters belonging to Niger are destroyed along with 3 Chadian. They take a defensive position in the city with control of an airport now. They will get a steady stream of supplies.
12/5 the 5 soldiers with supplies almost depleted get a ride out of Bilma.
12/7 Propaganda posters are placed up swelling the ranks of the military. 300 join up within a week and it swells to 500 a week.
12/8 The government invests 30,000 in making farms more productive.
12/9 An army off 5,000 men and 100 afvs and 2 aircraft. They attack Nguimi. All aircraft attempting to land are destroyed in a night time attack at 0300. The aircraft fly low under the radar until they are to close to be stopped. Four grounded Chadian aircraft are destroyed and one in flight. One Niger aircraft is destroyed. The other is damaged and retreats. The Chadian army is defeated and 2,986 soldiers flee with the rest dead or captured. Most of the tanks are captured but 6 escape.
12/13 The famed general Walle Ras arrives in the capital.He declines any wages only desiring his expenses be paid. He heads to the front lines later that day after visiting a couple hospitals. Moral soars as his reputation in the Swedo-Polish war precedes him. (If that's ok, if Mr. Almighty can have a feast I can have a previous victory.) He took so long because he went to Nigeria because he was tired when booking a flight. He apologizes as best as he can.
12/15 Bilma is captured and the Chad army is pushed back to the border. 1,000 troops are sent to Mao. They capture it loosing 86 of their own. The enemy looses 145 and the rest retreat. 50 troops are parachuted into the capital. They attack the war office and manage to kill two members off Mr. Almighty's staff before all are killed. 234 civilians get killed in the crossfire and 123 soldiers as these were the elite and hand picked.
12/16 Mr. Almighty is shot. He will survive and the sniper is killed but moral plummets.
12/17 A bomber begins bombing the capital regularly.
12/18 Zouar is captured. 453 Niger troops die and 654 Cad troops with 126 captured. They are treated humanely and sent back. Walle Ras is seen on the battle field. Moral is high.
12/19 A sniper shoots Walle_Ras in the thigh. Morale goes down slightly.
12/20 A cyber attack is initiated on the power stations. They succeed in four hours and turn off safety restrictions. The boiler blows up putting them all out off action.
12/22 Two tanks roll through the capital along with 500 soldiers on the way through the front.
12/23 Batbomb detonated in Aozou. The capital has a second bomber join the first escorted by a fighter.
1/5 Aozou attacked and captured easily. Civilians are fed and given shelter. City is left with 20 AFVs and 500 troops the rest march back to Zouar where they remain in radio contact.
1/7 Mao is reinforced with 2 tanks and 500 soldiers. Several copters and one fighter patrol shooting down anything that gets near. 1000 night vision goggles are purchased and scouts surround all captured towns.
Your move all towns are fortified and are ready for an attack. Your army has partially regrouped and ten of your tanks are in Zouar and the rest in Mao. Good luck, oh and I have 1,000 soldiers in Bilma, so you can't bypass your captured cities entirely.
1/10 With Production of their new helicopters going smoothly, for Chad standards(aka slow) they attack Mao with 5 aircraft,10 AFV, and 500 soldiers go to recapture Mao in broad daylight rendering their night vision goggles pointless. With air superiority they blast 2 of Niger's copters out of the sky. With luck one lands in enemy positions killing some of their soldiers. One of the Niger tanks brings down one of Chad's helicopters, but mere seconds later that tanks is destroyed. Soon Chad gets its fighter pilots in and that helps win this battle.
A few minutes later only the soldiers on Niger's side remains and they try to retreat but without air support it is useless.
All Niger forces stationed there are either killed or captured. 341 Chad soldiers die and 58 are wounded along with 1 aircraft and 1 tank. they have captured 1 tank.
1/12 a similar battle happens in Aozou except this time Niger doesn't have air support. As a result they decide to attack at night with their new night vision goggles generously (sarcastic tone)donated by Niger. 1000 soldiers attack at night by surprise, but before going into the city. A chad soldier wearing a stolen Niger uniform sneaks in and takes control of an unmanned Niger AFV that is successful in killing 23 Niger soldiers before the infiltrator and the AFV being destroyed. Barely more than a minute later, the Chad army attacks with the enemy still shaken up. With air support the battle ends quick and swift. The air support gets thins the herd while Chad soldiers and AFV's finish the job. All, but 2 Niger AFVs escapes with 67 Niger soldiers. Do the math 500-67= 433 dead. The rest are killed or captured. Chad has lost only 197 soldiers and 7 AFVs in comparison. Chad is seen victorious in that battle and treats the wounded soldiers and civilians.
10/15 An army of 5,000 chad soldiers called up by reserves,5 helicopter, 20 AFVs, and 5 tanks. Chad begins to mess up their radio and radar showing what seems to be a large army coming from the north of Zouar and garbled transmissions sounding like warnings of enemies coming from the north. However. this is intentional. Chad is attacking from the South. and Niger positions are mostly towards the north and some to the east and west. The enemy is caught by surprise and some soldiers atempt to start defending to south, but many still are towards the north. A tank barrage is fired along with 1 helicopter going ahead firing at enemy positions. After a slaughter. Chadian forces are victorious. 679 Chadian soldiers are killed with 261 being imprisoned along with 9 AFVs destroyed and one captured by Chad. 387 Chadian soldiers lay dead with
10/19 America hears about this and 2 things happen. 1, America still says they are neutral in this war. 2, most Americans think of this video regarding the news of Chad using Niger's night vision goggles against them.
1/21 Chad mops up the remaining enemies in their borders. They receive intelligence that Bilma is being guarded. Morale for Niger plummets with the victories. Mr. Almighty proposes a plan in his wounded state. He says to attack Bilma, and to keep attacking while wall_ras is injured. However, a leader who is sometimes known as GK(greatkitteh this is you) gives Mr. Almighty a plan for his support in North Korea.
Step 1. Feed the hungry.
Step 2. Use that along with other things as propaganda.
Step 3. Find something to cause enemy morale to sink and in turn boost your moral.
1/22 Mr. Almighty suggests to sell 500 of the night vision goggles salvaged from Niger and use that money for food for the country. A trade happens with South Africa who now seem to have good relations with Chad. 500 of the night vision goggles. are traded for enough food to feed hundreds, maybe even thousands. Propaganda posters are made saying this
*Niger uses night vision goggles in the day. We use them at night, and for our people" Morale in Chad rises while in Niger lowers.
1/25 A chad army of now 5,000 gathers together with 30 AFVs, 4 aircraft, 10 tanks and are at the border well supplied.
1/27 Half go attack Bilma, the rest go for Nguimi
2/3 Seeing Bilma the soldiers attack. The enemy is caught off guard still removing dead bodies. Much Niger blood i shed in Bilma. The 1,000 soldiers stationed there are all killed or captured. In contrast only 331 Chadian soldiers died.
2/4 In Nguimi Chad captures it with around 500 casualties on both sides a fight.
2/5 they leave Bilma with a few explosives rigged to explode with a few makeshift explosive. Attach a grenade to a string. Attack that string to a doorknob. Whoever opens the door sees an explosion up close.
2/20 They attack several towns along the way and then reach Zinder where they combine once more a bloody slaughter. 2871 Chadian soldiers arekilled along with losing 2 aircraft 3 tanks and 10 AFVs. The enemy loses 2938 soldiers 2 aircraft, 3 tanks and 26 AFVs. Along with that 2000 Niger civilians are killed. The civilians are treated fairly.
2/21 Morale for Niger plummets while morale for Chad rises. Mr. Almighty is comfortably residing in a hotel to a quick trip to South Africa possibly to make another deal between Chad and Niger. He is in good health now and any assassination attempts to Mr. Almighty from Niger would practically be declaring war to South Africa.
walle_ras forfeited this round.
Russia_The_almighty forfeited this round.
walle_ras forfeited this round.
Russia_The_almighty forfeited this round.
walle_ras forfeited this round.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.