FBIHat
TheBrorator

ASDFMovie is better than the lazer collection

TheBrorator

FBIHat

Pro

The ASDF Movies and the Lazer Collections have both been very entertaining collections of YouTube for the past few years. In my own opinion, they are both some of the most extremely funny and entertaining videos ever released on YouTube. My vote must, however, go into favor of ASDFMovie.
Contention 1: Release Dates
Since these videos were first released, the Lazer Collection has released a new video roughly every 2 years, whereas ASDFMovie has released one roughly twice a year. Even if the ASDF Movies were shorter, the overall video content was funnier and the quality was better (for colorless). The Lazer Collection videos were too long for the storyline to take place. ASDFMovie does not have a continuing storyline, but at least they don't fail at an attempt for one.
Contention 2: Appropriateness
This may seem like it is coming from the point of view of a 5 year old or an overprotective parent, but ASDFMovie, as a whole, is enjoyable and appropriate for those who might go on YouTube and search for "funny" or "popular" videos. When compared, ASDFMovie is extremely funny without excessive profanity, whereas the Lazer Collection has used profanity substantially worse than that of ASDFMovie, all in the name of entertainment. This corrupts America and its youth by portraying that profanity leads to comedy. ASDFMovie is funny on its own without this concept, and is therefore superior.
Contention 3: Overall Comedy
So far, the ASDF Movies have had absolutely no storyline or excessive repeated themes (minus "I like trains" and "die potato"), whereas the Lazer Collection has had the same basic theme and the same annoying "Doctor Octocganapus Blah" that they somehow turned into a very slow-paced and non sequiter storyline. The overall randomness of the ASDFMovie saga has led to a theme that you can never know what exactly is coming. The laughing does not seem to stop when you can never expect what is to come next, because there is never a way you can find out (other than watching the video). Since the lazer collection has the same blast at the end of every clip, you are always able to expect how they will end, you just dont know when. I give the Lazer Collection credit that it is extremely funny occasionally for this when it decides to postpone the expected blast, but this does not happen all of the time, whereas ASDFMovie is funny for this all of the time.
In conclusion, although both of these sagas are extremely funny, ASDFMovie is clearly superior for the reasons presented. I await a rebuttal and I know that "Lazer" is misspelled. It is spelled like that in the actual video series.
TheBrorator

Con

RC1:
First I would like to point out that the number of videos for each section of movies is about the same, therefore, in this current debate we will focus on what has been made between when the first video of these two came out and now. Essentially, being that there is about an even number of movies, this point will be thrown out because one who watches these in the status quo doesn't care when they came out, but the fact that they are there. Next, I would like to respond by saying the the quality of the video is subjective and will not be argued in this debate. the voters can chose what quality the videos have, that is not up for debate, and this argument will be thrown out. As well as your point that the ASDF movies are colorless, I recall a rainbow being shown. Clearly, it's not colorless. Also, on that notes, the white you see on your computer screen is just an even mix of red, green, and blue pixels to appear white, therefore, it actually has tons of color. Thirdly, I'd like to point out that The Lazer Collection had a theme, not exactly a story line. In some of them we can see a small story about Doctor Octagonopus, but other than that, there is no story line, and the videos are not too long to uphold that theme and story.

RC2:
This argument will be thrown out entirely. When pro can prove to me that the use of guns, blood, the profane use of the word "gay," death in general and suicide do not "corrupt America and its youth by portraying that profanity leads to comedy," this point will be thrown out, because if not at equal derogatory scenes, the ASDFmovies have more of this kind of thing.

RC3:
Extend my arguments to Contention 1 here. I would also like to point out that The Lazer Collection is just as unpredictable as the ASDF movies. Sure, the end of the clip is almost always the same, but the simple fact is, that's just the comedic expression of the videos. Besides, the audience never knows what leads up to the lazer in the end, they just know that it will be there. This builds up suspense, and suspense makes us want more, just as Pro said about the ASDF movies and how we want unexpected things.

===My Case===
C1: Story Lines Are Good.
Pro states that there is less of a story line to the ASDF movies because they do not attempt to make one, thereby, lessening the initiative for people to look at the previous videos in the series if they stumble upon one. Essentially, if you see a numeral of a video, sure you might look at the others, but the fact that there is a story line heightens this initiative because if you see two videos with Doctor Octagonopus in a row, you will look before those two to figure out where that character started out.

C2: Color and more animation are good.
The ASDF movies are relatively simple in their making. They use the same body for almost every single person in the videos, and there are only few scenes where color and other effects are used. However, from the start, The Lazer Collection movies have use effects and color to enhance the viewing quality as much as they can.

For all of these reasons, please vote Con in today's debate because I have not only refuted my opponents opening arguments, but have proved at the same time that The Lazer Collection is a better video series than the ASDFmovies.
FBIHat

Pro

FBIHat forfeited this round.
TheBrorator

Con

Please extend all of my arguments to the final round.
FBIHat

Pro

FBIHat forfeited this round.
TheBrorator

Con

Please extend my arguments as they have not been rebuted by Pro.

Thank you for the strong start to the debate, Con.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
This is going to be an awesome debate. I would accept this, except the only problem is that I totally agree with you.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
FBIHatTheBroratorTied