Abbey Road is a better album than Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

I will debating that Abbey Road, by The Beatles, is a better album than Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, also by The Beatles. My opponent will debate that Sgt. Pepper is the better album of the two. The burden of proof is equal between us. The first round is for acceptance. No new arguments can be presented in the final round.

Good joke. Just go away.

Before I present my arguments, I will present the track listings of Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band[1]:
1. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
2. With a Little Help from My Friends
3. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
4. Getting Better
5. Fixing a Hole
6. She's Leaving Home
7. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
8. Within You Without You
9. When I'm Sixty-Four
10. Lovely Rita
11. Good Morning Good Morning
12. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
13. A Day in the Life

And for Abbey Road[2]:
1. Come Together
2. Something
3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer
4. Oh! Darling
5. Octopus's Garden
6. I Want You (She's So Heavy)
7. Here Comes the Sun
8. Because
9. You Never Give Me Your Money
10. Sun King
11. Mean Mr. Mustard
12. Polythene Pam
13. She Came In Through the Bathroom Window
14. Golden Slumbers
15. Carry That Weight
16. The End
17(Hidden): Her Majesty
(Note: Tracks 9-16 are considered part of something known as the Abbey Road Medley)

Argument 1: More classic songs:
Abbey Road contains many songs which are considered to be classics, more than Sgt. Pepper. In Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Beatles Songs[3], counting the Abbey Road Medley as one song, Abbey Road has 7 songs on the list(2 of which were in the top 10), compared to Sgt. Pepper's 6 songs on the list. "Come Together", "Something", "Octopus's Garden", and "Here Comes the Sun" are all included on The Blue Album(The formal name is 1967-1970)[4], considered by many to be the second of The Beatles' greatest hits albums, along with 1962-1966, also known as the Red Album. These songs are considered to be Beatles essentials, and are widely loved by Beatles fans everywhere.

Argument 2: George Harrison's Songwriting:
George Harrison wrote 2 songs on Abbey Road. The songs were "Something" and "Here Comes the Sun"[2]. Both of these songs are included on the Blue Album[4], and are considered some of the best songs The Beatles ever did. In the 100 Greatest Beatles Songs by Rolling Stone[3], "Something" was ranked number 6(The highest-ranked Harrison song) and "Here Comes the Sun"was ranked number 28. This is very superior to the one song Harrison submitted on Sgt. Pepper[1], Within You Without You, which was ranked at number 96 on that same list[3]. George Harrison's songwriting was an important facet to what made Abbey Road such a great album.

Argument 3: The Abbey Road Medley:
The Abbey Road Medley is considered to be representative of the creativity of the group, and they put together completed and uncompleted songs together to create a 16-minute experience, showing you what The Beatles could do, and that there were no lengths to how far The Beatles could go. There is much diversity in the sections of the medley, and that's part of why its so great. The list of the 100 greatest Beatles songs by Rolling Stone ranks this at #23[3], and Ultimate Classic Rock ranks the Medley at #3 in it's collection of the 50 best Beatles songs[5]. It has the nickname as "The Big One". It isn't hard to see why. This is actually my personal favorite, as it shows everything that is great about The Beatles in their later years.

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate, and I hope everyone will enjoy it.

[3]: The Beatles: 100 Greatest Songs by Rolling Stone

Um, yeah, thanks for that essay. I'll add it to the fire fuel.

My opponent has not refuted any of my arguments, or made any of their own. Therefore,

ProAutism69 forfeited this round.

My opponent seems to have forfeited in the previous round. In lieu of this, I extend my arguments, and I conclude that since my opponent, according to the rules of this debate, can't make a new argument in the final round, a pro victory must be imminent.

Vote Pro.

ProAutism69 forfeited this round.
Posted by daytonanerd 2 years ago
I can't believe no one has accepted yet. A lot of people believe that Sgt. Pepper is the best Beatles album, so I'm surprised that no one is defending it.
Posted by TruthTrust 2 years ago
Gotta say I agree with you to much to argue against you. Lots of great songs on there.
Posted by yomama12 2 years ago
I like Abbey Road better too since it has the song "Here comes the sun", one of my fave Beatles songs :3
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: In this debate, ProAutism behaved as expected. Pro provided several arguments affirming the resolution, and Con just mocked him. Arguments and conduct to Pro, for this reason. Pro's sources were also good in helping establish his argument, so sources go to him on that, too.