EvangilisticOmega
EljayShaun

Abbortion

EvangilisticOmega

EvangilisticOmega

Con

First round is acceptance.

I know that this has been argued a lot but i want to take a stab at it.
EljayShaun

Pro

I, Pro, accept Con's challenge, and will be arguing for abortion. I look forward to Con's arguments.
EvangilisticOmega

Con

Ok first off i would like to use an extremely well stated question used by Dr. Ben Carson, give one good reason to kill a human being. And why would you rob someone of their most precious gift? Which is life if you didn't know.
EljayShaun

Pro

I thank Con for starting the debate. Con provided a short and simple opener to this debate, and that's how I'd like to reply as well.

Con asks "why would you rob someone of their most precious gift (life) ?". It sounds like a rhetorical question, but I think the answer actually matters a lot when it comes to why I think an abortion is justified. First off, I'm sure Con would agree with me that robbing a born toddler of his/her life would be unjustified. But we have to go one step further and ask why killing a toddler would be considered wrong. Is it because of the possible pain he/she would experience? Is it because it would cause suffering to the toddler's family? Is it because you're robbing a young life of all its potential?

I'd like Con to consider all these answers and decide which one/ones would be the most important to him in this debate, or Con could add his own answers. By focusing on these areas I think we could allow for this debate to be more focused and on point. In the spirit of Con's short and sweet opening, this is how I would like to end my opening as well. I look forward to Con's replies.
EvangilisticOmega

Con

EvangilisticOmega forfeited this round.
EljayShaun

Pro

EljayShaun forfeited this round.
EvangilisticOmega

Con

Points carry over. Vote for Con!
EljayShaun

Pro

EljayShaun forfeited this round.
Posted by EvangilisticOmega 1 year ago
EvangilisticOmega
Sounds good. I am having some technical issues on my end, the Debate.org system has not updated the debate yet. Sorry for any inconvenience
Posted by EljayShaun 1 year ago
EljayShaun
It's fine, happens to everyone. I'll just forfeit the next round as well so we can continue as per normal?
Posted by EvangilisticOmega 1 year ago
EvangilisticOmega
I apologize for not getting my argument in, I have been very busy.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
EvangilisticOmegaEljayShaunTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff more rounds, so conduct to Con.