brian_eggleston
B-Money

Abnormal women should be made to wear unfashionable uniforms whilst out in public

brian_eggleston

Pro

For the purposes of this debate, unless otherwise challenged, "abnormal women" shall mean adult females with an unhealthy body weight, viz. being either underweight or overweight according to the body mass index scale (1) and "unfashionable uniform" shall mean one similar to the garment pictured hereunder:

http://upload.wikimedia.org...

The fact is, being underweight or overweight can present women with serious medical problems and they should obviously aim to be within the normal weight range in order to remain fit. (2, 3)

In addition, women who are not too fat and not too thin are typically more attractive to men and are, therefore, not only the healthiest but also the happiest too.

It is the type of female role models such as those normally portrayed in women's fashion magazines and adult male interest periodicals that girls and women need to aspire to because if they achieve this healthy body image they will be both healthier and happier.

Furthermore, their husbands will be less tempted to run off with some properly fit Asian babe whilst on a business trip in Hong Kong which will lead to fewer marital breakdowns when his wife later hacks into his personal email account while he is out at work earning the money for her to spend on designer clothes.

In conclusion, because women are typically really interested in fashionable clothes, forcing women who are too fat or thin to wear an ugly uniform whilst out in public will be a huge incentive for them to either lose or gain enough weight to be allowed to wear attractive garments of their own choice instead, and I therefore commend this resolution to the House.

(1)http://www.caloriecounting.co.uk...
(2)http://www.womenshealth.gov...
(3)http://www.womenshealth.gov...
B-Money

Con

While the uniform from Wikimedia *is* duly hilarious, I must voice my opposition for two reasons.

(1) First, BMI is a terrible measurement of "underweight" and "overweight" because it does not take into account whether that weight is fat or muscle.

(2) Second, and more importantly, I am pro-choice, meaning a man's right to choose. Some men like fat chicks, and we call these men 'chubby chasers.' Some men like anorexic chicks, and these women are called 'spinners.' Sometimes a guy who normally likes normal-sized women wants to venture outside of his comfort zone. Making these "unique" women all wear a silly uniform will stigmatize the men who dig interestingly-shaped chicks.

Plus, if we make all the fat women wear the uniform, they will never be able to wow us with their gigantic cleavage. Similarly, medical students will be disappointed when they can no longer see the outline of an anorexic chick's vital organs whenever she is in a swim suit.

Diversity is the spice of life, and with that, I negate.
brian_eggleston

Pro

I would like to thank B-Money for accepting my challenge to debate and for approaching this delicate subject in such a mature and sensitive fashion. I'm glad that he resisted the temptation to make any trite, sexist comments.

My opponent's first point was that "BMI is a terrible measurement...because it does not take into account whether that weight is fat or muscle."

So, a female shot-putter or body-builder might fall foul of the rules? Oh well, no system is perfect and, anyway, I suppose they could always appeal against the decision.

He then went on to defend "a man's right to choose...fat chicks (or) spinners."

With regard to skinny girls, yes, some men go for underweight females and some men go for underage females, but do we really want to encourage this sort of thing?

At the same time, a bloke may have a few beers and be lured in by a bosom that resembles a dead heat in an airship race and decide to take it's owner home, only to wake up in the morning to discover he is lying in a nocturnal embrace with some great sweating pile of flab and, attempting to escape without waking her, chew his own arm off in desperation. It's all very well to be "pro-choice" but the government has a duty to protect breast-obsessed gentlemen from themselves.

Finally, with reference to anorexic girls' camel's foot swimsuit thing, I would advise any men with enquiring minds to take a trip to one of the many naturist resorts in Europe when they can observe the items of interest in their totally uncovered state.

B-Money

Con

Thanks again to the Pro for this fascinating debate. I only hope that leaders around the free world are tuning in. I believe they would find this discussion to be both informative and instructive.

This debate comes down to three issues:

(1) BMI. I will concede that female bodybuilders and shot-putters should wear the aforementioned uniform. Not *all* abnormal women, but definitely women in those two categories. Because, I mean, seriously.

(2) The alcohol-induced poor decision. A wise friend of mine once declared that the male genitalia's reaction to alcohol, known in some circles as "whiskey dick," is a protective by-product of evolution. This decreases the likelihood of being stuck for life with the product of a poor decision after dollar pint night.

Moreover, alcohol is also sometimes termed "liquid courage." Maybe a guy has always wanted to get with an interestingly-shaped woman, but was scared he would be mocked by his friends. Enter alcohol. The excuse "I was drunk" is acceptable up to, but no more than, two weekends in a row (See Guy Code, chapter 12B). Uniforms would stigmatize the right to make the occassional poor decisions.

It would also prevent male "charity work." Because sometimes you just have to get with a less attractive girl to give a little something back to the world.

(3) Viewing the internal organs of anorexic chicks. His alternative is to go to Europe to see these ladies in their natural state. But I can't afford Europe right now. Will there be a webcast?

Thanks to all and please preserve a man's right to choose!
Posted by theCall 7 years ago
theCall
This is not really a debate, more like going into a cheap night club.
Posted by theCall 7 years ago
theCall
"Do I love you because you're beautiful,
Or are you beautiful because I love you?" Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella

Love has no boundary, either in religions, gender, level, ages, the outside look. Overweight is just having more body fat than is optimally healthy, which mean they're also sick like having a cold or flu, then why did you call them "Abnormal"? Or "But do we want to encourage that?".

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die", overweighted people are also human that required love and freedom, if you state that they're "abnormal" or "should not encourage them to love overweighted women.", then you're not really different than Hitler.
Posted by purplehaze 7 years ago
purplehaze
Well there arent many feminists to try it on in Ireland bud. We have the fight beaten out of them.
Posted by Octavian 7 years ago
Octavian
I agree.
Posted by brian_eggleston 7 years ago
brian_eggleston
Yeah, I bet you'll never dare to try it!

(You don't mind if I borrow that one to tell the lads down the pub, do you?)
Posted by purplehaze 7 years ago
purplehaze
Im with pro anyway.

Actually I have got a good joke to tell a feminist.

How many feminists does it take to change a light bulb?

2

1 to change the light bulb.......and 1 to suck my cock.

I love it.
Posted by iamadragon 7 years ago
iamadragon
Damn, you sound fine as hell.
Posted by leah886 7 years ago
leah886
Oh boy, what a debate. That really is not fair to say that we (women/girls) should aspire to look like the models in the magazines. Do you know how much touching up they do to even those girls? I wouldn't want to look like those girls. I am about 10lbs over my weight (in accordance with the BMI chart) but you wouldn't ever be able to tell and my curves are kicking - considering you would have to take into account that I am also about 4inches taller than the average female too. So no, I wouldn't aspire to there looks but I do think you both did a good job with the debate.
Posted by iamadragon 7 years ago
iamadragon
I LOVE Asian babes!!!!!!!!
Posted by B-Money 7 years ago
B-Money
Too good to pass up. I eagerly await your response!
Vote Placed by LilWayneisGod 6 years ago
LilWayneisGod
brian_egglestonB-MoneyTied
Vote Placed by spinnerclotho 7 years ago
spinnerclotho
brian_egglestonB-MoneyTied
Vote Placed by BlueNotes 7 years ago
BlueNotes
brian_egglestonB-MoneyTied
Vote Placed by Desiree 7 years ago
Desiree
brian_egglestonB-MoneyTied
Vote Placed by FlashFire 7 years ago
FlashFire
brian_egglestonB-MoneyTied
Vote Placed by JessicaR 7 years ago
JessicaR
brian_egglestonB-MoneyTied
Vote Placed by welldonesteak 7 years ago
welldonesteak
brian_egglestonB-MoneyTied
Vote Placed by Zephyr 7 years ago
Zephyr
brian_egglestonB-MoneyTied
Vote Placed by turdfu13 7 years ago
turdfu13
brian_egglestonB-MoneyTied
Vote Placed by B-Money 7 years ago
B-Money
brian_egglestonB-MoneyTied