JudeMatgi
Wylted

Abolish The Private Education System

Wylted

JudeMatgi

Pro

Private education is causing a great split in our society between rich and poor. The two-tier system is disabling social mobility and is a major cause of socio-economic inequality. As the political director for the Huffington Post, Mehdi Hasan, says, "It should be a national scandal that private schools educate only 7% of the school population yet former pupils of private schools dominate the upper echelons of British society and public life: the City, the media, the courts, the civil service, the arts." Statistically, there is every reason to abolish the divisive private education system.
Wylted

Con

I'm basically going to use this round for acceptance with a small rebuttal and then move on to arguments in the next round.

It seems like my opponent is saying that 7% of the population get a great education by attending private school. He is advocating for abolishing private school so instead of 7% getting a great education, 0% get a great education. I'll be arguing for complete privatization of school, so that instead of my opponent's plan to take great education from 7% of the population to 0% of the population, my plan will be to take it from 7% to 100%.
JudeMatgi

Pro

JudeMatgi forfeited this round.
JudeMatgi

Pro

I'm sorry I haven't had enough time to respond to you, Wylted (got exams). I will reopen this debate when i think i have enough time and when i do reopen it i assure you i will respond. If you are still willing to debate this topic I would ask for you to wait until I have the time.
Thanks
Wylted

Con

Challenge me at anytime. I accept your concession.
Posted by IndianaFrank 2 years ago
IndianaFrank
This is a pointless argument. The private school systems like Charter are in place because they bride (oh sorry, they lobbied legislators) with cash... It has nothing to do with them being better. If fact several in my state have been closed and sued....
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Don't blame capitalism on the socialist school system. Blame capitalism on the superior private school system if you want.
Posted by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
As long as we live in a capitalistic world where public education is terrible, private education is necessary.
Posted by Dilara 2 years ago
Dilara
I didn't cause you to be poor. I'm going to give my kids the best education I can no matter how you feel. Education is more important than that gap. My kid is not going to some public school because if the gap. They're not getting a worse education because of that problem which I didn't cause. I've gone to public schools. Many of them are terrible. In poor areas, loaded with kids who are disrespectful and stupid. In private school you don't have that because there are different standards when your paying for something. Also your paying for better text books ect instead of those books and supplies private schools give you. At public schools tough kids will beat you up, bully you ect.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
JudeMatgiWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession by Pro due to exams.
Vote Placed by BLAHthedebator 2 years ago
BLAHthedebator
JudeMatgiWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro graciously conceded and apologized. Usually I award conduct to people who concede, but Pro did forfeit, so that is tied.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
JudeMatgiWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro effectively concedes. No conduct points due to the apology for the concession.