Debate.orgusername1
Sonofcharl

Abolish all holidays

Debate.orgusername1 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Debate.orgusername1

Pro

I am for abolishing all holidays as not to shove falsehoods down the throats of innocent people and encourage make-believe garbage amongst youngsters, to move on from the old ways that hold us back and move on to the future. Let people develop there own paradigms . This constant flow of the same holidays that play over and over every year like a broken record makes life stale and relentlessly unbearable. We must abort the holidays.
Sonofcharl

Con

Hello.

I will debate with you.

I'm interested to see where your going with this one.

I would suggest that your proposition, is actually a manifestation of your own discontentment.

I live in the U.K. Where the old rigid system of work and holidays is no longer adhered to.

I am free to choose how I organise my life.
Debate.orgusername1

Pro

I am new to this so I posted my argument in the comment section.... Ok. For one I do believe everyone who works for a living should have the means to have plenty of time off work. Here in the U.S. we have many set holidays where everybody does there thing on the same weekend or day which causes mass congestion and takes from the quality of enjoying time off . My second thought is that are largest holidays are based on falsehoods and make-believe and the truth and facts of history will never be accepted because of it. There is know known birthdate for Jesus and the winter holiday was based on paganism and earthy things. There was no cozy get together between native A americans and Pilgrims, the west was one through brutal massacres and genocide and so on and so forth. My third thought amount many is that I believe it is healthier to spread it evenly and make everyday important fun and meaningful and there are studies that show that people are not any happier after holidays and are more likely to be less happy .
Sonofcharl

Con

Hello again.

And welcome to Debate.org.

To be honest. I agree with just about everything you presented in round 2.

What you have presented though, is at least six different contentious issues, all of which deserve to be debated in their own right.

I'm thinking that you and I are similar minded individuals and probably wouldn't disagree about much.

Nonetheless, the one thing I do disagree with is your opening proposition. "Abolish all holidays"

Even public holidays have their merits.

On these occasions we all have free time together, allowing us to meet up with family and friends and to hopefully have an enjoyable time.

As to the events we are supposedly celebrating. Well, you can give these as much regard as you care to.

In your case I would suggest you give them no regard at all.

And just enjoy a day of work.

Whether or not we are any happier after holidays. I would say, depends on what we choose to do with that time.

Over complicated and costly arrangements can often lead to frustration anxiety and discontentment.

Whereas a simple get together with family and friends. At the end of the day, will probably end up being far more enjoyable and rewarding.

For goodness sake, don't abolish holidays.
Posted by emotioncloudsjudgement 1 year ago
emotioncloudsjudgement
What, absolutely no holidays in the year? Are schoolchildren and businessmen/women expected to attend their occupation 260 days a year? Then we should at least be allowed to spend our weekends in complete peace, free from school/work life.

Well, that said, those who do work on weekends are perfectly entitled to do so (rather I would encourage it to boost the country's economy).
Posted by Debate.orgusername1 1 year ago
Debate.orgusername1
For one, I do think people who work jobs should have plenty of time off but having set holidays on certain dates just causes mass congestion. For two most of are holidays are based on falsehoods and make believe and the truth about things will never be accepted because of this. My third thought among many is that I think it is healthier to spread it out evenly and make everyday as great and important as the next.
Debate.orgusername1
For one, I do think people who work jobs should have plenty of time off but having set holidays on certain dates just causes mass congestion. For two most of are holidays are based on falsehoods and make believe and the truth about things will never be accepted because of this. My third thought amount many is that I think it is healthier to spread it out evenly and make everyday as great and important as the next.