Piggys_Opinions
TBR

Abortion Good or Bad.

TBR

Piggys_Opinions

Con

These are the reasons that women have given for want to have an abortion.
" 21% Inadequate finances
" 21% Not ready for responsibility
" 16% Woman"s life would be changed too much
" 12% Problems with relationships, unmarried
" 11% Too young and/or immature
" 8% Children are grown; she has all she wants
" 3% Baby has possible health problems
" <1% Pregnancy caused by rape/incest
" 4% Other

I only see one thing on that list that merits thought for having an abortion and it is less than 1% in that list. More babies have been aborted than people died in WW2 think about what those millions of people could of done if they could of seen the light of day. Maybe find a cure for cancer, make food more readily available for the needy, etc, etc. Lastly if the end of life is defined by the stop of a heart shouldn't the beginning define the start of life.
TBR

Pro

OK, Sure. I accept.
Piggys_Opinions

Con

Piggys_Opinions forfeited this round.
TBR

Pro

I will pass this round. See pro makes it back.
Piggys_Opinions

Con

Piggys_Opinions forfeited this round.
TBR

Pro

One more FF round
Piggys_Opinions

Con

Piggys_Opinions forfeited this round.
TBR

Pro

TBR forfeited this round.
Piggys_Opinions

Con

Piggys_Opinions forfeited this round.
TBR

Pro

TBR forfeited this round.
Posted by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Lexus// Mod action: NOT Removed<

1 points to Pro (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: FF

[*Reason for non-removal*] Full forfeit debates are not moderated, though it's unclear why this was reported at all.
************************************************************************
Posted by MizzEnigma 2 years ago
MizzEnigma
Selena, once again, that is your opinion. I'm not telling you you're wrong, just as you cannot tell me I am wrong. Whether abortion is good or bad is opinionated. Some deem it as good because it can help the women; some deem it as wrong because it was a potential for a life. Either way about it, it is both good and bad. The women were innocent too and should not be forced to conceive a child that will cause permanent damage to their body. They had a life and ambitions they were working towards. A baby would have deprived them of that. Therefore, it is a good procedure to them, as they saw it and deemed it as a necessity. For those who are for the fetus, they see it as a life and should be able to live no matter what, (even if it meant their death for the woman according to some pro-lifers.) No matter how you see it, it is of your own opinion and your opinion alone, not mine, the mothers, or any other pro-choice. What your mother did to you can't be changed and it has shaped your opinion. Similar circumstances, though the lack of molestation, has shaped mine. There's two sides of that coin there, hun.

Furthermore, I gave my opinion on the matter. If you want to continue this, feel free to do so, but it's not going to prove or change my opinion or yours. I've already commented on the "innocent life" portion of this.
Posted by Callie226 2 years ago
Callie226
selena16 if your mom had all that done to you she's a terrible person if she didn't want you then she should have put you up for adoption like what my birth parents did they were to busy have the time of there lives to raise 4 little children
Posted by selena16 2 years ago
selena16
My mother hated me to she let her husband beat me, her brother rape me told me i was a mistake, and left me to raise my brothers, but i am still against abortion while want to kill innocent lives who haven't wrong anyone
Posted by MizzEnigma 2 years ago
MizzEnigma
That is you. That is what you would do from your own learned and personal experiences. But it is also you that would be forcing a giant wave of children into those conditions, overflowing the system, and exposing more lives to those circumstances that will only worsen. Many of those children who never leave the system feel emotionally drained and are at higher risks of ending up homeless, since by the time they opt out, they won't have anyone to take care of them. People have worse experiences in that care, such as actual physical abuse, mental abuse and even sexual abuse. The higher reason for the foster care parents is money, not the children themselves.

I was one of those children that was almost aborted and I wished my mother would have went through it. My existence tormented her. Do you know what that was like? Watching my mother have to deal with that? My mother was in the foster care system, like you were, and she didn't want to expose me to it. She was pro-choice, but everyone around her criticized her for her opinion and pressured her into keeping me. Instead of forcing me into adoption/foster care, she kept me. It only threw her into depression and she had to live with that. Those years were the worst of my life.

A fetus doesn't possess any actual emotions. Even pain is controversial [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...]. It is not capable of linguistic abilities, it cannot imitate and it does not possess a real personality. It's conscious isn't anywhere as developed as that of a newborn. It is a potential.

Regardless of the situation, depriving someone of something they deem as a necessity to a potential is bad to me. The actual "abortion" is neither good nor bad. It is a medical procedure to remove a potential, but not an actual human being. (It is human.)
Posted by selena16 2 years ago
selena16
I know about foster care I was in it for 7 years, but if I would of had a baby I would keep it and show it the love I never got, it would give me a second chance to make something of myself, to be able to be different and not make the same mistakes as my parents.
Posted by Callie226 2 years ago
Callie226
bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad
Posted by selena16 2 years ago
selena16
It is bad, because you are killing and inocent baby, I can understand if it is going to a vegtable ( child who has no emotions or able to use their brains) , Also imagine how many lives have been saved because people woke up. If you don't want the baby put it up for adoption instead of killing it, it isn't their fault the parents decided to do it. They chose to and they want to make the baby pay for, it is a living thing not a piece of trash that you can throw away any time you want.
Posted by MizzEnigma 2 years ago
MizzEnigma
Also, as I forgot to mention, life isn't defined by the start or end of a heart, but by the brain which has reached a higher level of conscious, which a fetus cannot possess until after birth.
Posted by MizzEnigma 2 years ago
MizzEnigma
Hm. Think of the women that could have accomplished that, but weren't able to because they were forced to conceive a child that potentially took away their chance for an education or career opportunity. Why flood adoption care, which already has many that aren't adopted? Why flood the foster care system with more children that will end up opting out at 18 without anyone to care for them? Foster parents aren't mandated to help them afterwards. No one cares for these children after the fact. More people are worried about shoving more children into the system than letting a mother have her right.

Which is, also, simply a fetus and nothing more. It is human, but not a human being. The difference is notable. A mother should not be forced to keep a fetus that she does not want, a fetus she cannot care for, a fetus who shouldn't risk being mistreated in the system, a fetus she will loathe, a fetus that will take her opportunities from her, and a fetus that wasn't intentionally (in some cases) supposed to exist to begin with.

Take away reason, not right -- a right which is what she deserves, potentially can help her, and bring her closer to her pursued happiness.
Vote Placed by Lexus 2 years ago
Lexus
Piggys_OpinionsTBRTied