pc1114
Me100

Abortion Is Murder

Me100

pc1114

Pro

This will be a very interesting debate as I wish to debate in an odd way. I would like to start out by letting my opponet, whoever accepts this debate, to please define life and then define murder for me.

Thank You
Me100

Con

Thank you pc1114 for posting this debate.

Now I will start with my definitions.
1)Life- The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism.
2)Murder- The unlawful killing of another human being without justification or excuse.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

Abortion is not murder. My opponent must first prove how abortion is the killing of human beings.
Not only that but from the a supreme court decision, abortion is justified therefore it is not murder.
http://womenshistory.about.com...
pc1114

Pro

OK, this will be mostly a debate or a sort of reasoning of the definition of life. Because to be able to prove that abortion is murder is life is to prove that a fetus at any stage is a human being. So at the moment I would like to talk about my opponents current definition of life. "The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism." If we go by this definition then all human life is, is functioning, an scientist can keep a body working even after the person is gone. So according to this I would like you to please define human life in new terms.

Thank You
Me100

Con

Ok.. Human Life - It happens at conception -- the most common pro-life position
It happens when blood first appears -- a new interpretation based on the Bible
It happens later in pregnancy -- the most common pro-choice position
It happens at 14 or 22 weeks gestation -- two novel arguments
It happens during childbirth -- the traditional Jewish position

These are all definitions of when "Human Life" begins. The whole controversy with abortion is that people don't know when human life begins. My original definition was just life if you excuse me, but human life is something completely different. Abortion is not murder. First the main reason is that abortions are justified.

Thank you
pc1114

Pro

My opponent defined murder as "2)Murder- The unlawful killing of another human being without justification or excuse." So my burden during this debate will be to get him to accept that the fetus at any stage in it's growth is a human being and by definition. So just for now what presently is your personal opinion on when human life begins and why?
Me100

Con

For my opponent, I personally believe that human life begins during childbirth or even later when the individual is able to make his/her own decisions. After all, what does it mean to be "human?" For many, to be brain dead and just laying there alive because of medical wonders of modern day is just as equal as being dead. To be Human is to be able to make choices and think for ourselves. This is what separates us from animals, the ability to be inquisitive.
pc1114

Pro

pc1114 forfeited this round.
Me100

Con

next round
pc1114

Pro

pc1114 forfeited this round.
Me100

Con

Vote Con, in all of the rounds my opponent has forfeited and my arguments continue down
1) Abortion is Justified.
Posted by Me100 7 years ago
Me100
sorry i forgot my sources but here they are!
http://8e.devbio.com...
Posted by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
An odd way, huh? Can't wait to see it =D
Vote Placed by Lexicaholic 7 years ago
Lexicaholic
pc1114Me100Tied
Vote Placed by Me100 7 years ago
Me100
pc1114Me100Tied