Viper-King
CAPLlock

Abortion Is Not Immoral

Viper-King

Viper-King

Pro

Round 1:Acceptance
I will be stating how abortion is not immoral.
CAPLlock

Con

We meet again VK.

http://www.merriam-webster.com...

: not moral; broadly : conflicting with generally or traditionally held moral principles

Abortion is defined as the termination of pregnancy by the removal or expulsion from the uterus of a fetus or embryo prior to viability

Viper-King

Pro

First, I will allow my opponent to start because he has to argue this and I will refute it because I don't know what to say at the moment. However, we will be rguing around this big point below.
#1 Abortion is not murder.
Therefore my opponent will start. I agree with my opponent's definitions. I will also say that I must not only refut his points but prove why abortion is not immoral.
CAPLlock

Con

CAPLlock forfeited this round.
Viper-King

Pro

That's sad.... I extend all arguments.
CAPLlock

Con

Oops.

First, I will allow my opponent to start because he has to argue this and I will refute it because I don't know what to say at the moment. However, we will be arguing around this big point below.
#1 Abortion is not murder.

What point are you extending?

C1
A fetus is a human.

Thus

Abortion is murder.

...send a sample of an aborted fetus to a laboratory and have them test the DNA to see if its human or not. Genetically, a new human being comes into existence from the earliest moment of conception."

To be clear a human is part of the Homo Sapiens. It meets all expectants of a life form. (which is on the site, cant miss it). So is we follow this logic

P1 abortion kills a fetus
P2 A fetus is a human
C1 Abortion is a crime.

I put my P1 case to the table and P2 is simple.

http://prolifephysicians.org......
Viper-King

Pro

C1. Abortion kills a fetus.

Well actually expels or removed. Not really anything big I don't agree to there.

C2. A fetus is a human.

A fetus is not a human. It is a "devoloping mammal" according to Wikipedia. It may develop into a human but it is not human. It may be alive but it is something developing into a human. It also contains human DNA but is not a human being because according to Wikipedia, fetuses don't have lungs, and are not actually formed as lookiing like a human.
C3: Abortion is a crime.
Abortion is not a crime, my opponent didn't give a definition. Crime according to Wikipedia is the breaching or breaking of the law. Abortion is legal in the USA so it is not a crime.
CAPLlock

Con

This was a mildly painful debate.

C1. Abortion kills a fetus.

C2. A fetus is a human.

A fetus is not a human. It is a "devoloping mammal" according to Wikipedia.

You, I, and the voters are most likely devoloping mammals. I'm only 15. I am still devoloping.

It may develop into a human but it is not human. It may be alive but it is something developing into a human. It also contains human DNA but is not a human being because according to Wikipedia, fetuses don't have lungs, and are not actually formed as lookiing like a human.

Nonsense. Lungs and looks dont make a human a human.

C3: Abortion is a crime.

You said abortion kills a fetus. So if the voters pick that a fetus IS a human then abortion is a killimg and thus a crime.
Posted by Viper-King 5 years ago
Viper-King
really guys if i forfeited u guys would give him conduct that is unfair cruelty
Posted by lovelife 5 years ago
lovelife
...And usually did not provide a link to the article referenced, nor a direct quote.
Con on the other hand only used one source which was blatantly biased nullifying the use of any source.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
Viper-KingCAPLlockTied
Reasons for voting decision: I have decided a re-vote on args. Although both did poorly I would say pro had better more logical arguments. And 3/4 of cons case was a quote from pro. Both need more sources. But con gets that point. So: 1. pro gets arguments barely 2. conduct pro for FF 3. sources con as he had them Note: Pro keep the same format but use more sources Con, elaborate more + more sources. Keep same format.
Vote Placed by Ricky_Zahnd 5 years ago
Ricky_Zahnd
Viper-KingCAPLlockTied
Reasons for voting decision: weak debate on both sides, but con's debate hinges on the idea that a medical procedure resulting in someone's death is criminal, which is clearly false. a fetus, ifit must be compared to a card-carrying human, would most aptly be compared to someone in a persistent vegetative state. humans in that category are frequently killed without moral or criminal issue.
Vote Placed by lovelife 5 years ago
lovelife
Viper-KingCAPLlockTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct- tie, while con forfeited a round pro wasn't great with conduct either. Spelling and grammar- Sorry, but pro physically hurt my eyes to read and it hurt my brain to understand the sentence flow. Arguments- While con was using a faulty definition of murder with no source to back it up with, pro also used a faulty definition of human with no facts, and the arguments that con made to support his view were stronger and more convincing. Sources- Pro used only wikipedia and.... (continued)