rugbypro5
magi800

Abortion Is Wrong

rugbypro5

rugbypro5

Pro

Listen, I'm following your debate right now: "The Big One: Abortion..." or something like that. And I'd love to have a debate with you. Same rules would apply as stated in the debate you're in right now. If you're too busy right now with other debates, that's completely fine, but I'd still like to chat with you about it or debate. I'm not sure if this is my first argument, so I guess this will just be an acceptance round. We'll have 3 other rounds to argue our sides. I'm really excited about all this even though I'm relatively new to debating (this will be only my second debate on this site). Thanks, and I hope to have a good debate.
magi800

Con

Game on!
Just a question though, are you expecting answers that take up all of the characters, and just blow you off your feet or short snappy answers that get the point across?
And another, I am assuming you are pro-life? Yes? Because this title is confusing me.

Good game,
I hope...
rugbypro5

Pro

Short snappy answers are fine, I don't mind. You better make sure they have solid grounding though. And I gave us 10,000 characters just to be safe. I don't think any of us will near that limit, but better safe than sorry. And yes, I am about as pro-life as they come.

Well to begin, abortion is the act of terminating a human life. Why? Well first, from the moment of conception, the fetus has all 46 chromosomes necessary to be considered a human, and it contains the entire set of DNA for it to be considered a completely unique individual. Now I will admit, the fetus does not have cognitive brain function, it doesn't even possess the ability to recognize its own existence. These arguments though hold no weight when you take a look at them. I'll explain why.

First, if this fetus has less value simply due to its lack of a cognitive brain and a low level of development, then the same claim could be applied to a 6-year old girl and an 18-year old girl. You see, the 6-year old is not yet fully developed, there are many changes in a women's body when they go through puberty. But just because one is more developed than the other, does not mean one has more value. A cognitive brain is simply a function not yet developed in a human fetus, just like larger breasts is something not yet developed yet in 6-year old girls.

Now if you claim we can kill it because it doesn't have the desire to live, or they don't know they're alive, that is also flawed logic, for the moment you say someone is worthless because they don't care to live, then you say a sleeping human is worthless. Someone who is at rest, sleeping away, has no more desire to live than a fetus in the womb does, but it would be considered an atrocious crime to kill him in his sleep, just as it should be.

Now I don't exactly have you're beliefs to argue against, I'm only shooting in the dark, so I will let you explain why a fetus is not human/ valued.
magi800

Con

magi800 forfeited this round.
rugbypro5

Pro

Game off?
magi800

Con

magi800 forfeited this round.
rugbypro5

Pro

I'm sincerely disappointed in you, magi800, you willingly join a debate, but never even post an argument. You've wasted my time, and if anyone has followed this you wasted their time as well. You are either lazy or scared. Prove me wrong by challenging me to another debate and actually debating.
magi800

Con

magi800 forfeited this round.
Posted by magi800 3 years ago
magi800
Ah, yeah, sorry, it started falling apart at the edges when I forgot the first one, but it collapsed completely when my grandfather died, I have a life other than this you know!
Vote Placed by funwiththoughts 3 years ago
funwiththoughts
rugbypro5magi800Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by LayTheologian 3 years ago
LayTheologian
rugbypro5magi800Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Come on, magi800. Post a freaking argument.