RomeoParr-Whatuthink
WillRiley

Abortion- Lets talk about it

RomeoParr-Whatuthink

Con

I am not arguing on the right of a woman to make a decision, but just on the morality of an abortion. Keep in mind morals change depending on Location, and culture. So I hope this debate opens the mind of my opponent and viewers, as to what the new morals in America seem 2 b. But i would like to start this debate with this question. Why do woman have an abortion?
WillRiley

Pro

Personally, I am against abortion and believe that it is wrong. However, I have an idea of why a person might choose to have an abortion. Mainly because people are to young, poor, or busy to take care of a child. I believe that adoption is a better solution. Sure, it might be harder, but I allows that person to live, and who are we to decide who gets to live and who must die?
RomeoParr-Whatuthink

Con

I asked the question because unless anybody comments a validly diff answer, whatever the reason, it is to "end" or if that is to strong of word, prevent the birth of a child. it prevents life. So if you're pro-abortion, and can come up with a diff reason to why somebody has an abortion can we all agree it is prevent, terminate, the coming forth of another human being?
If this is the case, than according to DDO 52% of Americans agree in Abortion. The prevention of pro-creation of life. Does anybody care to disagree?
WillRiley

Pro

Well, I am afraid that this debate is going nowhere as we seem to agree.
RomeoParr-Whatuthink

Con

true. My hope is a Pro-abortion or Pro-choice can comment something to continue this debate. If pro-Abortion please read what was in-putted and comment.

Because if all viewers agree that an abortion is basically only done to terminate a life, that i guess its safe to say that as society, our morals are changing. Society is shifting toward a "Choice", and some weird sense of freedom, and forgetting that as humans we are called to protect one another, as this is the only way we will and we have survived.

If we can all agree that abortion is done to end a life, and you believe that it's morally right that woman can dispose of a future child like it was nothing. Than society will probably more readily accept any excuse to end a life in the future.

Does anybody else agree or disagree that our society's view on the importance of life is fading?
WillRiley

Pro

I would suspect that if there are any pro-choicers, they are going to say that sometimes it is the mother's life in danger that makes need of abortion. However, less than one percent of the abortions in the united states were to save the mothers life.
RomeoParr-Whatuthink

Con

In response to Plumbergirls123 comments.

#1 you said that you would have an abortion due to over population
Response
#1 If you add up the land area of California Texas and Alaska, 3 states in the USA (which is not even the biggest country in the world) out of 50 you could give every single person in the world over 1 acre of land.

#2 You said its the woman's body, and therefor her choice. You also said it is to prevent the birth of a child.
Response
#2 I am not arguing about weather if it's her choice or not. Abortion has been around for hundreds, thousands of years. Woman have already been making the choice of having an abortion for a very long time. All i am saying is that before, it was seen as shameful an abomination. Now it seems to be a subject or action that many people are ok with.

If we can all agree that the birth of a baby is LIFE. Than ending that life can only mean death. If you are so eager to end the a life, and cause death. Than it worries me, concerns me, sickens me the path society is taking now a days. I just want to open the eyes of everyone who reads this. If you can agree with everything I stated. Than an abortion brings nothing but death, since it is ending life. If so many people are so readily to accept this form of death", and make it a law. What other laws will they be willing to pass, when the life of a person is at stake? Will in the future, a mother be able to kill her child of 7 years old, because she can't afford it, because she needs to eat and doesn't have enough for her children? Or maybe he's to disobedient and causes her to much stress. It is her life her choice. Just think about IT.
WillRiley

Pro

WillRiley forfeited this round.
RomeoParr-Whatuthink

Con

RomeoParr-Whatuthink forfeited this round.
WillRiley

Pro

Since this was not much of a real debate, I urge voters to tie the debate or not vote at all. Thank you.
Posted by PlumberGirl123 2 years ago
PlumberGirl123
one thing i forgot to say was people can go seperate paths..they can take a left or a right. you might not know where that path leads. its the same when it comes to abortion.. you can have one or you might choose not to. If you dont have an abortion then think about where that will lead you?..stress, poverty, growing up will the child have a good life and go to a good school? If you do have an abortion think about what you are doing for you and how having an abortion couldve saved the future child from not being wanted and an inconvenience. If you abort it now you know it wont be going to a bad school. (it wont be going to school at all because you chose what was best for it) it doesnt know the difference.
Posted by PlumberGirl123 2 years ago
PlumberGirl123
and the planned parenthood $$$ was a mistake btw. js
Posted by PlumberGirl123 2 years ago
PlumberGirl123
first of all the "children" who are aborted are not children..they are fetus's. They dont count as a body. if you think that an actual gerber baby is inside the mothers womb when they are getting aborted thats not true. There is up to a certain time where someone can have an abortion. and sorry you arnt pro-abortion..thought you were. The fetus do not have rights. However, if someone plans on not having an abortion and actually wants to be a mom then obviously they shouldnt drink. do drugs, smoke, etc because of the development of the fetus. i hate when people say that the fetus could grow up and find the cure for cancer. Well nobodys knows that and they want to believe it. The fetus could grow up to be a druggy, homeless person, criminal, miserable, so many other things. They could have a horrible life but no one will know if the mother aborts it. Abortions arnt something that should be frowned upon.. they help women out and the society.. and all the other things i said down below. You see when it comes to abortion, you could get one..and you could not. the path is up to the mother cuz the fetus has no choice. its not their right to choose. and if someone thinks a clump of cells are so important than a blowjob is cannibalism, masterbating is killing a potential "future child". and yes it can be very shameful to get pregnant. If you dont want it then you dont have to have it. and yes the mother does get to decide whether the fetus gets to develop or get aborted. that is her right and the fetus will not have a say. thats just how it is cuz the fetus is a parasite and without her the fetus wouldnt survive. The fetus doesnt get to decide wether they have a chance/choice. They need to be born and the umbilical cord needs to be cut and then the mother cannot say that it should get aborted.
Posted by WillRiley 2 years ago
WillRiley
I am not Pro Abortion, and frankly I am offended you thought I was.
Posted by WillRiley 2 years ago
WillRiley
In response to your points-
"Some of the children that are adopted are mistreated"
All of the children that are aborted are murdered.
"Planned Parenthood thinks of babies as $$$"
... this, is your argument FOR abortion? Is that not the most horrible thing you have ever heard? that is despicable.
And to your entire first paragraph- Someone else's body is there too. Who are you to decide that your child gets to live or has to die. First of all, I did not say that it is shameful to get pregnant. However it is shameful to take away the most precious thing of all, life. Its not just about the baby, this baby could have grown up to be a great person, and abortion takes that chance away from them.
Posted by PlumberGirl123 2 years ago
PlumberGirl123
Btw, i didnt know how to click and make my symbol say Pro abortion so for the people who love abortion, (Will Riley) i am on ur side
Posted by PlumberGirl123 2 years ago
PlumberGirl123
! IT IS OUR RIGHT TO DO WHAT WE WANT WITH OUR BODIES!!!! Do not try to take that freedom away. If men could get pregnant there would be abortion clinics around every corner and they would be more popular then Wal-Mart. Yes people see a cute little baby face but abortion is a woman"s choice and she is aware of the results and effects so stop trying to make it seem like we are doing/supporting something 'shameful'. A woman should not be ashamed for having sex and getting pregnant whether it was unplanned or not.

oGov. already is way too controlling/involved.
oWomen would"ve rather died trying to have an abortion rather then go through with the pregnancy.
oUs women will find a way to abort a fetus whether its legal or not. Therefore, its safer/healthier to keep it legal.
oA lot of kids who have been adopted get mistreated, abused, molested, raped, depressed, etc. (state story examples)
oPlanned Parenthood thinks of babies as $$$
oAbortions give more jobs. (Abortionists, people making appointments, running supplies, etc.)
Posted by PlumberGirl123 2 years ago
PlumberGirl123
. The fetus does not comprehend what is happening, it is still is the females womb. I highly doubt you would go to a pregnant lady's stomach and say "would you like to be aborted?" It barely knows anything; its eyes are still closed. One thing that is messed up is that people THINK the fetus is not part of the mothers body... are you crazy?! It doesn"t matter whether it has different DNA!!! It wouldn"t even live if it didn"t have the mother"s body caring for it! The fetus is connected to the mother"s body, it takes care of it until it is out of the womb and the umbilical cord is cut. Another thing that i hear often is "if you don"t want a baby, then stop doing it". Let"s go straight to reality here and say no one would stop doing it! Yes you use condoms and birth control but ABORTION HAS THE SAME FINAL/END RESULT/GOAL AS CONDOMS AND BIRTH CONTROL. THAT IS TO NOT HAVE A BABY! Yes birth control and condoms help prevent you from getting pregnant but it also have the end result goal which is not to have a baby. I am so happy abortion has been legal for 40 years... It shouldve been more but hey 40 years isnt too bad right? Approximately 55 million fetuses have been aborted since abortion became legal. Some people do not understand that it is better to have abortion be legal so pregnant women can abort their babies safely. I would rather have hundreds of abortion clinics rather than hundreds of women dieing from using the coat hanger method also known as the back alley method. So many women were dieing because they did not want a baby. Why force someone to give birth to a baby they don"t want?! Don"t force someone against their will to take care of a kid. There are so many reasons to have an abortion. Yes rape and incest is a very good reason.. but there are other reasons like over population, poverty, illnesses, unwanted, inconvenience and much more. It could ruin a marriage, relationship, and life. However, how, why, and when we got pregnant is not important! IT IS OUR
Posted by PlumberGirl123 2 years ago
PlumberGirl123
ABORTION IS ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING THINGS OUT THERE!!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. A woman has her body and with that body comes rights! A lot of people call pro-choicers "baby killers" or "Satan worshippers". However that is not the case with us. It is our bodies and if we don"t want to carry a fetus then we don"t have to. Abortion gives women hope in life and there is many reasons why I say that.. Which you will find out if you keep reading this. IF YOU ARE PRO-LIFE, then don"t get abortions....simple as that. If you are a boy then you have nothing to worry about. So many people say "Put it up for adoption". That is the woman's choice. Personally if I was pregnant and didn"t want to have a baby I would choose abortion over adoption. One reason is because of over population. There are way too many humans in this world and its still expanding as we speak! The more humans there are, the less resources we have. Also, there is a high number of unemployed. I would not want my kid in that situation. My second reason is because when if I was ever to have kids then I will have them when I am ready. I will NOT give mine up for adoption, knowing they are alive and I am not there to take care of them. So If I was ever to have kids then I would be their provider..not put them in adoption, wondering when they will be adopted or not. My kid would wonder why I out it up for adoption, if I am thinking about them, if i loved them, etc. ANOTHER thing people say is "What about the 'baby's choice?"..what about it? It has no say.. The reason why it has no say is because the mother has the say. When you were born and a little kid, who had the final say?..Your Mother/Father. Who took you to school and put on your clothes and said whether you could hang out with your friends or not?..Your parents did that. You were not the one making choices until you grew much older near the age of 18. So again...the fetus does not have a say. The fetus does not comprehend what is happeni
Vote Placed by inaudita 2 years ago
inaudita
RomeoParr-WhatuthinkWillRileyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not a properly set up debate.