Abortion: Right or Wrong?

I see you are against abortion. I am mainly for abortion, but in some circumstances I am okay with it. However, mainly it should be legalized. Good luck to the both of us.

I am against abortion, unless it is due to life or death for the person in labor. Thank for the invite and I gladly accept :)

Why is abortion acceptable in many cases?

In over 95% of the cases where abortion is wanted, there is a reason for it. A mom will never want to kill her child before he is born, without good reason. After some research, I learned what I already knew: teen moms want most abortions. Many times when a teen mom is pregnant, she does not want to have the child, and her pregnancy is an accident. Why should you ruin the life of the mom and her child? Odds are, she cannot support a child because she is still in high school. This ruins both her life, and the baby’s life.

Another group of abortion-seekers are rape victims. There is virtually no argument as to why a rape victim should NOT be allowed an abortion. She was impregnated against her will, and there is nothing she can do about it. What if the victim is also a teen? She can’t support the baby on her own, and the rapist surely won’t help her. And What if the victim is a struggling mom with four children? How is she going to support a fifth child? Obviously, she should be allowed an abortion.

If there is a family who is fully capable of raising a child, but is not emotionally ready for a child. They should not be denied abortion. It is their choice, and why should the government take away their right to choose.

Is a fetus considered a living being?

No. It is only possible to abort a baby between the first 10 to 30 weeks of pregnancy. After this, it is too late. This means that for the time being when abortion is possible, the fetus is not alive. If you took a fetus out of the womb at this time, it would not be alive. Therefore, you are not killing a human being.

Abortion would not have a huge affect on economy, but the government would, indeed, be making a sufficient amount of money from abortions, from taxes. And, if taxes were not implemented, than the family looking for an abortion would pay the hospital, which would raise quite a bit of funding for hospitals. This is by all means a benefit of abortions.

Since I know you are going to bring this up, I might as well counteract it now. Sure, a family can put the child up for abortion. However, this may not make the child’s life any better, nor the mother’s life. Once a mother has given birth to the child, there is an immediate emotional attachment. This makes it so much harder for the mother to put the child up for adoption. Also, just because a child is adopted into a more capable family, does not mean he will live a good life. Many foster homes are corrupt, and many adopted children are unhappy with their life.

These are the reasons I believe abortion should be allowed in our society. At the end of the day, each citizen still has their right to speak, their right to freedom, and their right to make choices. This is a right that should never, ever be taken away from someone. Thanks you, and vote for PRO!

MissPiggy forfeited this round.

Seeing as MissPiggy did not post an argument for this round, my argument still stands. Thank you and vote for PRO!

MissPiggy forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Lordknukle 5 years ago