JackR168
KwLm

Abortion Should Be Illegal

JackR168 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

JackR168

Pro

I would like to argue with a completely pro-choice person. I believe that abortion should be illegal in all cases except danger to the life of a mother.
KwLm

Con

I'll take on this challenge if ya don't mind.

I shall argue on the side of pro-choice, whereas I do believe a woman should have the choice to terminate a pregnancy if she so wishes and abortion is a logical choice if the situation calls for it to be an answer.
JackR168

Pro

I believe that abortion is murder. There are so many reforms we could make to our country that would go beyond outlawing abortion. We could reform our adoption system and make it a safe and comfortable place for children to live in. We can save so many people's lives just by making our adoption system better. To go along with this outlawing of abortion (except in the case of danger to the life of the mother) there would have to be more responsibility among the sexually-active community. People need to understand that becoming sexually active also comes with the risk of pregnancy. No person should have their life ended simply because somebody else made a stupid decision one night. When talking about rape, we have to look at it this way: two wrongs do not make a right. If in the very unfortunate and rare case that a woman who is raped gets pregnant, why does killing somebody make it better? This woman does not have to keep the baby (see the adoption reform area above), but this person should not have their life taken away because somebody else hurt somebody.
KwLm

Con

You believe it's murder(which I don't argue against of course, to each their own I say) I believe it's a ceasing of a biological process, the end result is that of a life of a human being.

Accidents happen; People make mistakes, things can go too far, they can use all the protection possible but one slip up, one miss-thought about the protection and you've suddenly got a pregnancy. How is it right or fair of a nation, body of people to force a woman to go through a biological process causing stress, mental health issues, physical pain and misery (for some, I don't say this for every woman) all because of one mistake. It should be the choice of the woman going through it whether they want to grow it, bare it, then decide to put it up for adoption, keep it or to terminate the process before it goes to far.

People should understand the implications and risks of sexual activity, but accidents happen even to the best of us, no life can be ended unless it starts first, sure it's alive in the womb but it's not "a life" till it takes it's first breath of oxygen outside the womb. Why shouldn't a woman be allowed an answer to a mistake.

Personally, I don't see it as being a "wrong" as it is just a stopping of something before it gets to far, If a woman gets pregnant from a rape, why should a woman be forced to carry on the offspring of someone that did something terrible to her, what about the mental implications that could cause to the woman or the physical implications that can happen during a pregnancy, it's forcing a person to go though something they may not want. How is it fair to force a woman to go through pregnancy.

Now to clarify, I'm no scientist, but I don't consider the fetus a somebody until it is born, but I believe a woman should be allowed the choice to remove something they do not want to go through especially if the process is there and can be done in the best practice possible.

A child is an 18 year commitment that some people just aren't ready for when the accident or mistake happens, so I reiterate, why should a woman have to go through the process to leave the child in an adoption centre to become another number in society, it's better to have the choice than not have a choice and be forced to do something you don't want to do.
Posted by Griffinclaw25 3 weeks ago
Griffinclaw25
i don't think it should be illegal but I don't approve of it either. making this illegal however would violate a woman's 1st amendment rights and her civil right to do whatever she wants with her life. I still don't think abortion is the answer however because a fetus automatically has the potential to grow in to someone wonderful. if that person cant provide a good life put give them to someone who can its the best option in my opinion.
Posted by John_C_1812 3 weeks ago
John_C_1812
Abortion is the most unintelligent thing intelligent people have ever tried to do. Gather together for a right to join and take part in a democratic murder. Rights Reserved.

Abortion is a self-incrimination to a crime that by governing has been pre-set as illegal, and may very well be a Capital Crime in some states. Constitutionally Gender Specific Amputation, Female Specific Amputation, and miscarriage are not abortion.
Posted by missmedic 3 weeks ago
missmedic
How would that law work, how do you force a women have a baby against her will? How would that be done?
Posted by KwLm 3 weeks ago
KwLm
Alright then, just castrate all those doing nothing but producing kids because they have nothing better to be doing, due to drugs, alchohol, and seer damned lazyness, make sure these people can't have kids in the first place, only allow working folk to have kids, that can afford them.