goldtrotter
Cooldudebro

Abortion Should Not Be Illegal

Cooldudebro

goldtrotter

Pro

For this debate, I am preferably looking for a Christian.

~Rules~

Round One

Round 1: I will introduce the rules and my opponent will state their first argument
Round 2: I will state my first argument and my opponent will then rebut it.
Round 3: I will rebut my opponent's argument and, for a fair debate, my opponent will write "no argument as agreed upon"
Failure to follow rules will result in a 7 point deduction, minimum.
Cooldudebro

Con

Thank you for making this a 1 hour debate. I want something fast.

Cell : An autonomous self-replicating unit that may exist as functional independent unit of life (as in the case ofunicellularorganism), or as sub-unit in a multicellularorganism (such as in plants and animals) that is specialized into carrying out particular functions towards the cause of the organism as a whole.

Case 1: It is alive!

When the egg is fertilized, the egg is now considered alive. The cell starts with a mouth and an anus. Literally. We classify cells as alive, and is human. So, if you really think about it, you are commuting murder. Once fertilized, the cells start rapidly replicating. This make the fetus alive. Don't use the fetus is not alive argument.

Case 2: Adoption

If you really don't want the baby, why not just adopt it out even if it is the baby of a rapist. why not give the baby a shot at life and adopt it out?

Case 3: The parents take a risk

Except for the rare circumstance of rape, a baby has a chance of happening with or without protection. the parents knew of the risks and decided to take the risk anyways. This means they would be willing to take the chance of the mother getting pregnant. If you don't want a baby, adopt it out or just don't have sex.

Case 4: Risks of abortions

Abortion isn't always as black and white as it seems. There are many physical and mental damages that come with abortions. (1) Abortion leads to more deaths for mothers in total, suicide, and natural causes. It also causes mental complication and risk for conditions and side-effects.

Good luck!

1. http://afterabortion.org...

goldtrotter

Pro

goldtrotter forfeited this round.
Cooldudebro

Con

Forfeitt equalls 7 point drop. Thanks for the debate.
goldtrotter

Pro

goldtrotter forfeited this round.
Cooldudebro

Con

Cooldudebro forfeited this round.
Posted by lightingbolt50 2 years ago
lightingbolt50
I agree with gold, bring 'em home!
Vote Placed by dtaylor971 2 years ago
dtaylor971
goldtrotterCooldudebroTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides broke the forfeiture rule, so no points awarded on that basis. However, con fufilled his BoP better than pro, so he wins arguments. Conduct to con because he actually made some arguments, and sources to con due to the fact that he had one.