kels1123
FunkeeMonk91

Abortion Should be illegal unless if it is a serious health issue.

kels1123

Pro

I think abortion should be illegal unless it is a serious problem for the mother's health. Regardless of religion it is wrong to abort a pregnancy. No matter what you want to call it , a baby or a fetus, at the end of 9 months a pregnant women will give birth to a baby. A human being. It is a women's choice except for rape cases whether she becomes pregnant or not. If you do not want to get pregnant then either don't have sex or use protection. Bottom line. If you do get pregnant then you need to accept responsibility for your actions and spare 9 months of your life. When that 9 months is over fine give up the child for adoption , use the safe haven laws and leave your baby somewhere that is safe. I don't think any women should be able to use abortion as a form of birth control. Whether you call it a baby or a fetus , after 9 months (not even a year ) it is a living breathing baby. Why should anyone be able to decide that they are going to kill a baby because it is inconvenient for you. I think in the case of health reason a mother should have a choice. Otherwise suck it up and don't be selfish. I believe abortion is a selfish act. I was pregnant and call it what you want, but I heard my babies heartbeat, saw her on the U/S and gave birth to a baby girl 9 months later. Life wasn't perfect for me at that time. I wasn't married to my husband yet, we hadn't planned the pregnancy, but we took responsibility. I am sick of the excuses , what if she is a teenager, why should the woman have to gain weight, what is they are in a single parent environment, what if they have no money. Too bad, should have thought about that before you got pregnant. After the 9 months you have a choice , keep the baby or give the baby up.
FunkeeMonk91

Con

First off, can you clarify what you mean by "serious health issue?"

Every women should have the right to choose whether they think they are able to care for a baby or not. Maybe they can't hand the mental, physical, or economic responsibility; that's OK. And don't forget about the women whom are victims of rape and incest. Why should they have to live through the pains of pregnancy? Part of the justice they deserve would be to allow them to terminate their future child, if they so choose.

Before the first trimester, what is being aborted, isn't a baby at all. It is a fetus. While it is a living thing, it is not a viable life form capable of sustaining itself outside of the womb. Therefore, it should not be considered a complete human and is still part of the woman. Because it is still a part of the woman, she has the right to terminate the pregnancy. No one is aborting fully developed babies. And the fact that it will become a human one day does not make it one in the first weeks of pregnancy.

In other words, I don't think it is appropriate to force women to give birth to babies they can't handle. It is unrealistic and foolish to expect every person to "suck it up." Just because you did, doesn't mean that everyone has to.
kels1123

Pro

As you are not a woman and have not been pregnant, you have never felt a baby kick or move inside of you, you have not seen your child's heartbeat on a monitor , had an ultrasound and saw your BABY , yes a baby , on the monitor. A head , face , mouth , nails , feet , fingers , toes , etc. No a baby can't live without support before a certain point , because obviously that is what pregnancy is for , to nourish the baby and to help the baby live outside of the womb. By serious health issue , I mean if a women's life is at risk, or if a women has been raped and therefore it is a serious mental health issue then they should have the choice. As for not being financially ready , then don't have unprotected sex. Or give your child life , then give the child up. Why should a baby have to pay for the mother's mistakes? You shouldn't be able to use abortion as birth control. It isn't right. It is murder , maybe a baby can't survive outside of the womb until at a certain point, however I believe that by killing the baby then you are taking away the chance at life that the baby would have had at 9 months gestation. Why shouldn't a women be able to sacrafice 9 months to give a child she made a chance at life. That is selfish. You're right I did do it , so have many other women as they should. If you don't want to get pregnant ,DON't have sex, use Protection , or get your tubes tied. Pregnancy is preventable , if you do not take the preventive measures then you should pay the price.
FunkeeMonk91

Con

First of all, you are using fetus and baby interchangeably. They are not the same thing. A fetus is unborn and in the early stages of pregnancy (1st-2nd trimester). A baby is a fully developed child that is able to live outside of the womb. Babies are not being aborted; fetuses are. Babies are like trees, while fetuses are like seeds.

Second. You make abortion sound like using a condom. It is not as if every time a pro-choice women gets pregnant, they go out to a clinic. Most abortions, are first time abortions and are not repeated. Abortion is a last resort and is not taken lightly by anyone. "...by killing the baby then you are taking away the chance at life that the baby would have had." I know they are very different things but let me go back to that analogy. If you choose to take a seed out of the soil, are you killing a tree? No. Yes, you are preventing a tree from growing, but preventing life is not the same as murder.
kels1123

Pro

A women is pregnant with a baby , funny when it comes to sharing pregnancy news I have never heard a woman say I am having a fetus , oh the fetus kicked. I have only heard the term baby, yet suddenly when it is about abortion everyone who is prochoice says no way its a fetus not a baby , but i bet those same people if they were to get pregnant or their significant other was they would call it a baby. A baby is not like a seed or a plant , a baby is a human being. Are you not glad your mom made the choice to give birth to you. I sure am glad my mother wasn't selfish and didn't abort me because she was 19 and pregnant with no money.
A newborn would not survive without an adult to nurture them. Should we kill them too? Just because a baby in the womb is unable to survive outside of a mother's stomach at that point , does not give us the right to kill the baby. The baby is growing and forming all the things necessary to survive outside the womb. You know that in just a few months that baby will be born , so you knowingly are killing a human life by having an abortion. Many women are callous about abortion and use it like a condom. There are also many women that have multiple abortions. Also killing one baby seems pretty bad to me. I have two cousins that in 2 years have had abortions because they didn't want to grow up. That to me is sick and you know what is worse they have both had pregnancy scares again. I am sick of women using the excuses and thinking that it is okay to abort a baby , because it is inconvenient. Too bad.
Also do you know how many women come to regret their abortions. They take the easy way out and a year or two or even twenty years down the line they regret that decision.
examples
http://www.lifesite.net...
http://www.prcsfv.org...
Abortion is wrong. What about the fathers that want to have the baby and the woman chooses to abort the baby. How is that right? Thee is a parent that wants to care for the child and they are denied because the woman , maybe doesn't want to gain weight, stop partying, give birth. How is that right?
FunkeeMonk91

Con

First of all, those web sites are not reliable sources because they are obviously bias. Although there are almost no neutral sites anymore, I would never give you a link to something like the National Abortion Federation.

Again, you are mistaken with your distinction between babies and fetuses. It is not a matter of semantics like you claim. By the time a baby starts kicking, it is, in fact a baby. But as seen in this diagram (1), you can see that fetuses in the first trimester are no where near able to kick. (I'm not sure about 2nd trimester). And to correct you, fetuses are like seeds while babies are trees. I'm not demoralizing fetuses and babies by using that analogy, so don't act like I'm belittling the issue of abortion.

(1) http://www.babycenter.com...

And, as I've said a million times, a newborn is capable of living without its mother. Just because its life span would be very short, doesn't mean that they cannot live. Fetuses literally cannot live outside of the womb. Babies can.

My argument was that because fetuses cannot sustain life by themselves, they are not "human" as you so call them. Therefore, no one is "killing a human life." This is why abortion should be allowed, but again, only as a last resort. The decision should not be taken lightly, like how you claim every women does. Can you support, with a respectable source, your statement that women use abortion as birth control?

Also, you are judging these women so harshly. Who are you to judge them? "...the women chooses to abort the baby...because the woman , maybe doesn't want to gain weight, [and] stop partying." That is a pretty unrealistic generalization. How do you know what situation these families are in? Maybe they need to sacrifice that one child in order to have enough to feed the rest of the family. You don't know. So to simply dismiss their decision as a means to keep partying is ridiculous.

Let me just reiterate that babies are not being aborted but fetuses are. I mean, look at that link. Just in the first seven weeks, the fetus is only "an embryo consisting of two layers of cells." Are we really going to call these cells a human being? Do you call the embryo inside a chicken's egg a chicken? This is why abortion is not murder, but the prevention of future life. In other words, would you make it illegal to pull out because that sperm will one day become a baby? I know that sounds ridiculous, but so are your arguments. You don't bring up any factual or legitimate arguments, but only mention pro-life sentiments that are driven by no scientific evidence at all. You cannot choose what is right for other people; because abortion wasn't for you, doesn't make it automatically wrong.

Thank you for debating me and I hope this debate is decided by whomever has the best debate, and not by personal opinions.
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
i know! i get told alll the time that!!!!!
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
Look at the words you use , you really think that is acting mature. it is a debate , and you feel the need for foul language. Grow up.
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
hahahahahahah thank you!!!!!
you guys are tooo great!
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
The immaturity in the world overwhelms me. Toria , you are just so mature .. (lol).
Posted by goldspurs 9 years ago
goldspurs
Anytime. If you ever get up the nerve to actually debate someone on this site I'll be waiting.
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
ttttthhhaaaankkkkkkkk yyyyyoooooouuuuuuuu!!!!!!!
Posted by goldspurs 9 years ago
goldspurs
Nothing else need be said. I must ask why you even bother coming to a debating website if you can't even provide a single coherent sentence.

Ignorance is bliss, at least in your case.
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
annnnnnnnnnnnd your point issss what?
Posted by goldspurs 9 years ago
goldspurs
For someone not wanting to talk you sure do open your cockholster alot.

Your best comeback to my comment is boring and stupid? Obviously you are incapable of creating a serious argument. The fact that you wouldn't even debate it shows that you follow your belief blindly and do not really care about the facts.
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
you didnt shut me up, you cockblock. I just dont wanna talk to you anymore, your boring and stupid.
Vote Placed by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
kels1123FunkeeMonk91Tied
Vote Placed by griffinisright 9 years ago
griffinisright
kels1123FunkeeMonk91Tied
Vote Placed by Richard89 9 years ago
Richard89
kels1123FunkeeMonk91Tied
Vote Placed by crabjuicer 9 years ago
crabjuicer
kels1123FunkeeMonk91Tied
Vote Placed by tjzimmer 9 years ago
tjzimmer
kels1123FunkeeMonk91Tied
Vote Placed by PreacherFred 9 years ago
PreacherFred
kels1123FunkeeMonk91Tied
Vote Placed by padfo0t 9 years ago
padfo0t
kels1123FunkeeMonk91Tied
Vote Placed by Danielle 9 years ago
Danielle
kels1123FunkeeMonk91Tied
Vote Placed by alvinthegreat 9 years ago
alvinthegreat
kels1123FunkeeMonk91Tied
Vote Placed by johnwooding1 9 years ago
johnwooding1
kels1123FunkeeMonk91Tied