annaabananaaaa
jamon_link

Abortion: Should it be banned?

annaabananaaaa

Pro

Should abortion be banned? In simple terms: Absolutely not. Abortion should be legal, it's a choice women should make in their lifestyle and not made by the law.
jamon_link

Con

Should killing a helpless person be legal? Apparently not according to my opponent. Just because this person isn't developed yet doesn't mean they shouldn't have a chance to live. Also have you took in the consideration that the woman aborting the child has been raped? Apparently this is their lifestyle as well. Not only is killing an innocent fetus wrong it also inhuman in some circumstances. It is also illegal to murder. So why should abortion be legal.
annaabananaaaa

Pro

First off, In my opinion, abortion isn't murder. I understand that you feel killing an innocent fetus is cruel and inhuman as you put it, but how does this undeveloped human have a soul(Not according to any religion)? That's just me. But in addition, how can you simply say it is inhuman? I understand your view if abortion seems wrong for promiscuous people who do not care about the affect of intercourse, but is it really? What if you have a complication during pregnancy and the only way to save the wife is abortion? You would be saving the life of one but taking away another's or risking both. Not only that, but taking away one soul will not make a difference in this world. Look around you. As people on earth we face overpopulation as it is already, so one person might actually benefit for the better, not saying that I am a cruel person myself and only care for the benefit of me, but that it would simply be better off if we had that unborn fetus taken away.
jamon_link

Con

So just because they don't have a "soul" there not really a person, interesting. So your saying some people just shouldn't have the chance to live because what the mother didn't think she was going to get pregnant or as you were saying maybe the fact that its the fetus or the mother but between the years 1967-1990 there were only 151 abortions were carried out to save the mother's life ( Dr Micheal Jarmulowicz) it may be larger now but how does this effect the overpopulating on earth? We can also look at abortion being discontinued as more of a punishment to the mother who wasn't expecting. Every person should know what may or may not happen after sexual intercourse, its there fault for not being cautious before having intercourse. Even though the "protection" may fail but the chances of that are very slim to none. Having sexual intercourse should be more of a planned thing instead of woman and man acting in the spur of the moment. That's just how I view it.

Good luck on the next round
annaabananaaaa

Pro

annaabananaaaa forfeited this round.
jamon_link

Con

jamon_link forfeited this round.
Posted by OXace1 3 years ago
OXace1
God has no part in this. and if he did that means he planned her rape because every one has a purpose. And god has a plan for each and every one of us, even before we are conceived. Meaning that he knew the woman was going to be raped.

Ultimately the fetus isn't alive until birth and the umbilical is cut and it can live on its own resources. Meaning if you cut the cord and it lives its alive, if the fetus dos not then it was simply leaching of the mother for its entire existence.
Posted by SimonBlackquill 3 years ago
SimonBlackquill
And let the controversy commence.
Posted by logicaldebater 3 years ago
logicaldebater
So, it's okay to kill a baby? I understand that women could be tempted to get an abortion if they were raped, but how is killing the child going to resolve the sin of the father? If you say abortion is okay, then you're obviously assuming the baby isn't a human, but if it is then you're killing a human being on a vague assumption. Life is a precious gift from God, and to rationalize the destruction of an innocent life is evil.
Posted by InVinoVeritas 3 years ago
InVinoVeritas
Why are you Pro?
Posted by ktblondie 3 years ago
ktblondie
Totally agree with you here. Abortion is up to each individual woman to decide, and for another person or man to decide to take away this right is absurd. Sure you may disagree with it because of your morals. Then don't go get an abortion and don't be pushing it in other people's faces.
Posted by EndarkenedRationalist 3 years ago
EndarkenedRationalist
I might argue that abortion should be banned in the last trimester (as I believe it currently is). Otherwise, I'm in agreement.