Mistystar90
flamed

Abortion: Should it be legal?

Mistystar90

Pro

This is my first debate...

I am of the opinion that abortion should be legal and easily accessible.

Round #1: Acceptance.

All other rounds: Whatever goes.
Mistystar90

Pro

Mistystar90 forfeited this round.
flamed

Con

flamed forfeited this round.
Mistystar90

Pro

Mistystar90 forfeited this round.
flamed

Con

flamed forfeited this round.
Mistystar90

Pro

Mistystar90 forfeited this round.
flamed

Con

flamed forfeited this round.
Posted by Heirio 6 months ago
Heirio
I'd just like to add that making abortion illegal will not result in abortions not occurring, it would rather lead to an increase of illegal abortions taking place, which are extremely dangerous and can kill the mother.
Posted by NatalieWindt 6 months ago
NatalieWindt
Hello!
My name is Natalie and I have a unique perspective coming from experience. I am pro-choice/ pro-life/ pro-women. This stems from my own experience with a pregnancy last year with a long-term boyfriend. We were in love and were not careful. Both of us are older, college educated, lower income, kind of late bloomers but had fit in more than enough living when we got into our relationship. Shortly after my 31st birthday I found out I was pregnant. I was terrified. I have epilepsy, bipolar disorder, endochrine issues, essential tremor, arthritis, asthma, etc etc. Numerous health issues requiring hard core medication that causes severe birth defects. You would think I would be careful and I had been with the many partners I had had until I met him. I made the mistake, as did he, that we were invincible. Being high risk and he being immature and unsupportive, threatened to leave me alone to raise the baby if I chose to have it. I chose to have an abortion, though I was my whole life pro-life. On the day of I asked for a sonogram so that I would never forget what I had done and remember the lesson, and the sacrifice this child was being made to make for two people. I found out that I had miscarried at five weeks. The baby never even had a chance. I can now understand why women would choose this, being in the situation. How easy they make it, unless you make it hard on yourself. But I don't have any room to judge and I thank God for giving me that at least. I will always be pro-life, but also pro-choice. We crossed a line we can't return back to as a society. But I will be pro-women in that I would never want them to make a decision based on fear, or on threats from another weak individual. Of course we didn't weather that storm and he left. I am better off. And I will never forget my baby. But I am so glad I had a miscarriage instead of an abortion. As callous as that sounds. I do wish I could have that child a lot, but I know physically, mentally, I'm not ready.