KJVPrewrather
squonk

Abortion for rape victims.

squonk has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

KJVPrewrather

Pro

Abortion is a proceedure by medication or surgery that ends the life of the unborn child, and while usually unethical, is justifiable homicide in this case. Con will make the first move, no strawmans, and I support choice for the victim, not just abortion unless she is under 15 years old. No child should have a child, especially if she was raped. When two human lives are connected, there has to be some choice.
squonk

Con

Hi, I'm squonk. I will be arguing that rape victims should not abort their babies. The reason for this is simple: God has a plan, and we just have to trust God. 1 Corinthians 10:13 says, "God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it." We must also remember Jeremiah 29:11: "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope." It is not God's will for us to end life.

(I'm an atheist but I'm argunig the Christian side.)
KJVPrewrather

Pro

31 states deny the rape victim's right to choose adoption with her rapist's consent, yet morally committed ideologues say to choose adoption. Emergency contraceptive rights are under attack by conservatives, forcing the victim to coparent with a rapist an unwanted child, hand her baby over to the state or the rapist's fasmily, or have an abortion she may not want. I was raped when I was 22, and I would rather be the the mother of a dead baby than hand my baby over to a rapist. No choice is antichoice.