TheMarketLibertarian
RepublicansvLiberals

Abortion, in the first trimester, should be legal:

TheMarketLibertarian

TheMarketLibertarian

Pro

The resolution is that abortion, in the first trimester, should be legal and have no limitations on it. Con gets the first argument.
RepublicansvLiberals

Con

I am on the fence about abortion but i will play devil's advocate and debate upon this topic.
Abortion I believe is wrong and i can assure you this is not come from a religious follower whatsoever.
I believe that the idea of abortion is a cruel way to end a possible life that can change this world for the greater good and i'm not going to lie, it could be the next Hitler. Let's focus on the optimistic side though.
Not only this, what if it's like someone who sells their body a lot and winds up pregnant, should she be given the right to end the child's life because of her poor decisions?
TheMarketLibertarian

Pro

My opponents argument seems to rely on the premise that a conceived baby is the same thing, with the same rights as well as rational and emotional capabilities as a baby. However, in the first trimester of a pregnancy, this conceived baby hasn't even developed grey matter yet, which means that it is only a peice of genetic material as it doesn't have a mind, or any rational or emotional capabilities.
RepublicansvLiberals

Con

Well, I would like to ask my opponent this, would you look at the seed of a plant the same way?
Take the seed of a Rose. The rose may bloom beautiful, giving life and beauty to the world or die. However, you still see it as a seed, but you have the very knowledge that it may be something more than a seed. Very much how that group of cells can be a person.
Cells or not, that is human DNA that has the possibility of growing into the person to rule to world or find the cure to cancer.
TheMarketLibertarian

Pro

Yes and everytime I masturbate I'm spraying seed which could have ended up tuirning into a human that might have ended up commiting the next massive genocide. It gets worse- I wipe it up, and then throw millions of potential babies in the trash can or flush them all down the toilet!
A potential, maybe-might have became a baby is not the same as an actual baby- just like my semen is not actual children.
RepublicansvLiberals

Con

Oh god I guess I'm going to have to go with your example.
Well, in the case of semen, let's be real here, we are talking about YOUR SEMEN. Meaning it only contains your genetic DNA whereas the barely developed grey matter of a fetus is That of 2 humans genetic DNA. There for, semen does have the potential of creating a child but once the process of fertilization occurs within the womb where those DNA strands combine, it's no longer a potential, that there is a GUARANTEED chance that it will be another human being.
TheMarketLibertarian

Pro

But it isn't a person, though it will eventually grow into one- it's just genetic material.
RepublicansvLiberals

Con

Genetic material with a purpose in this world.
In the moral eye it is the fact that it is the start of a new life and new generation that will potentially contribute to humanity and it's societies.
I guess this debate is truly black and white, yes? You say genetic material, I say a human work-in-progress.
TheMarketLibertarian

Pro

Having the possibility of eventually becoming a human isn't the same as actually being a human.
RepublicansvLiberals

Con

Well first of all, I, including most Americans believe that life begins upon conception, making unborn children as much as a right to life as those who are alive.
Let's also dive into the fact that abortion does have a link to subsequent depression in young women after they abort a child and building off of that evidence, females are 3 times as likely to attempt suicide than men because of an increase in depression. (that's not particularly linked to abortion but that's just the overwhelming affect of depression in general in women.)
And if I may ask what's wrong with the consideration of Adoption? Why can't a child be put up for adoption. Hell, put him in a ham basket and wrap him in a blanket movie style and drop him off at the some strangers doorstep.
So since this is the last round of the argument, I can conclude that Your whole argument was based around the premise that within the first trimester, it doesn't even have the physical characteristics and development of a child. However, as I stated numerous times, it has the potential to be. Created by two persons and granted unique genes suitable to that unborn child that will help him/her live on for the rest of their childhood.
Please also tell me if abortion is humane. It shouldn't be right? If you just google image search "abortion" the grotesque images shown is repulsive. EVEN AS A CLUMP OF CELLS THE PROCESS IS STILL PRETTY REPULSIVE.
So that's all for my side on the topic. To restate my stance: Abortion, in the first trimester, should not be legal.
It's been great debating.
Posted by TheMarketLibertarian 1 year ago
TheMarketLibertarian
My semen is a pile of cells- it isn't a child.
Posted by John_C_1812 1 year ago
John_C_1812
The biggest issue found in basic meaning with abortion is it is a confession. The word is describing a confession being made to a crime. The medical Doctor does not instantly share justification of all woman, who might be making this confession publicly. There are times a Doctor performs a Gender Specific Amputation by admittance publicly from even woman. A separation of State was never made for Civil protection from self-incrimination.
Vote Placed by Theguy1789 1 year ago
Theguy1789
TheMarketLibertarianRepublicansvLiberalsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argued that abortion should be legal in the first trimester because a fertilized egg is not a human, Con tried to respond to this by saying that a fertilized egg has human genetic material, and Pro refuted this by showing how that doesn't make it a person.