mortallyimpossiblepenguin
harrytruman

Abortion is Good

mortallyimpossiblepenguin

Pro

I saw your comment on the page for abortion and was enraged.
Have you ever thought about being a 15 year old girl that's been incidentally impregnated. Imagine what would happen to the child and the girl and the father after it's born. The girl is going to lose education to look after the child and is going to be financially stuck, and it puts a ton of pressure on her parents as well to try to support her. The father is put under pressure to try to support the mother and may be forced to leave school as well; that's supposing he stays with her.
What is your earliest memory? Do you remember your own birth? Do you remember before that? Tell me - would you be able to argue against being killed when you're not even born, let alone conscious and possessing opinions.
Any one man produces roughly 525 billion sperm cells in his life time. In addition to this, any one woman possesses around 300,000 ova at puberty. That's 157,500,000,000,000,000,000 potential children from any two people. Actively stopping one from being born is no worse than not letting any of the other 158 quintillion be born.
I would really like to hear your opinion on this.
harrytruman

Con

First of all I don't know what comments you are referring to. And I don't see why you would be enraged since my arguments are generally limited to common sense that liberals don't like to think about very much- such as why a woman having the rights over her own body somehow translates into "infanticide is OK somehow," truthfully it is ME who should be enraged at YOUR beliefs, since you think that murdering babies as if you were given some kind of "right" to do so is OK. And these are the same liberals who give large speeches abut the confederate flag being racist because it is associated with sickening individuals claiming they have the right to infringe others unalienable rights to life, liberty, and property, while they do the same things. They believe that infringing a fetus, a HUMAN BEINGS, UNALIENABLE right to LIVE is a right, while anyone with half a brain knows that thee is no such thing as the right to infringe others rights

Either way, I want to tell you first of all that I never said if someone gets raped they shouldn't have an abortion, though someone else could argue that, since Ezekiel 18 says a child should not be punished for their fathers sins abortion should not be allowed even in the case of rape.
mortallyimpossiblepenguin

Pro

Abortion is not infanticide, though. Infanticide is defined as the killing of a child within a year of birth. I agree that destroying a humans right to live is wrong and should not be done - but when said human hasn't actually been born yet; and therefore isn't legally considered alive, then what right do they have to start living? How can a legally lifeless group of cells have the right to live!?
And in that reply you answered literally none of my questions - would you mind doing so?
I do not believe that because a woman has a right to her own body means that killing babies is okay - in fact I don't believe killing babies after the first 3 weeks of pregnancy is okay. A woman's concerns about her body have nothing to do with whether or not she will be able to handle caring for a child. Like I said, if a girl gets pregnant, chances are that means she's going to have to drop school as well as rely on her parents to help her support the child. Wouldn't it just be easier and better for all parties if she didn't have the baby?
I also never said if someone gets raped they shouldn't have an abortion. But also a lot of contradictory things have been pulled from the Bible. Remember it was a number of different people from different time periods with different views that wrote those books, so Ezekiel might say something but any of the other 45 people might disagree. I wouldn't try to take anything from the Bible to make arguments on the rights of bodies with no life.
I can completely agree that no life should be taken in any circumstance. That's why abortion should take place well before the child becomes a legal human being.
harrytruman

Con

"Abortion is not infanticide, though. Infanticide is defined as the killing of a child within a year of birth. I agree that destroying a humans right to live is wrong and should not be done - but when said human hasn't actually been born yet; and therefore isn't legally considered alive, then what right do they have to start living? How can a legally lifeless group of cells have the right to live!?"

Well first of all, the government saying that a human being doesn't have the right to live doesn't make it so, the government also says that or paper money is wort something, while it is obviously just some worthless pieces of paper. Also, this is the first definition of infanticide, there is another which abortion counts as, the secondary definition is "the act of killing an infact (fetus).

"And in that reply you answered literally none of my questions - would you mind doing so?
I do not believe that because a woman has a right to her own body means that killing babies is okay - in fact I don't believe killing babies after the first 3 weeks of pregnancy is okay. A woman's concerns about her body have nothing to do with whether or not she will be able to handle caring for a child. Like I said, if a girl gets pregnant, chances are that means she's going to have to drop school as well as rely on her parents to help her support the child. Wouldn't it just be easier and better for all parties if she didn't have the baby?"

Then- we are on the same boat, I know better than to think a microorganism is a human, i.e. a embryo after 1-10 days of conception. I think that a fetus becomes a human after 40 days of conception, thus we have no further dispute.

"I also never said if someone gets raped they shouldn't have an abortion. But also a lot of contradictory things have been pulled from the Bible. Remember it was a number of different people from different time periods with different views that wrote those books, so Ezekiel might say something but any of the other 45 people might disagree. I wouldn't try to take anything from the Bible to make arguments on the rights of bodies with no life.
I can completely agree that no life should be taken in any circumstance. That's why abortion should take place well before the child becomes a legal human being."

Actually I only said that this was an argument, I don't know if I believe it, because first of all- obviously you would not like to receive the death penalty because your dad was n death row but died of old age before execution- this would be unjust. On the other hand if someone gets raped it would seem common sense to get an abortion. Also, Ezekiel was a prophet of G-d, since these are all prophets of the same G-d, their judgements, the ones inspired by G-d, are exactly the same. On the other hand, G-d allowed the child made between David and the other guy who he killed's wife to be miscarried- so, it's negatable.
mortallyimpossiblepenguin

Pro

So what you're saying you agree with abortion so long as it is done before the first 40 days of pregnancy?
harrytruman

Con

I don't "agree with it," I just don't see anything wrong with it since it's not a human yet, though just to make sure you aren't killing a human I would do it before 3 weeks.
Posted by cwt002 1 year ago
cwt002
So doesn't this seems logical, may not be fully applicable:

1. You are still you no matter the location, whether the country, state, house.......you do not change and neither does your value. This can be applied to whether you are in the womb. Three feet (or however long) does not change the fact that you are still you aND your vslur should nit change.

2. You are still you no matter the size or stage in development. A child does not have a lesser value than an adult, period. Just because they less development or smaller does not alter their value. Also, it does not change the fact that you were you as a child, adult, or in the womb.

Ultimately, even though children are in the womb, lesser developed......does not alter the fact that they are still people.
Posted by DebaterGood 1 year ago
DebaterGood
Con posted a good point about impregnated youth, however Con is using good angles here, I must say. This debate should be interesting.