sluke
NoraKathryn

Abortion is Murder

sluke has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

sluke

Pro

Is the unborn baby alive? Yes? Then you've just admitted abortion is murder; murder being the taking away of a human life by another human. No? Then you're disputing the biological fact that life begins at conception. Choose your answer, pro-choicer.

Abortion is murder, murder is illegal, so why isn't abortion illegal?
NoraKathryn

Con

So you're saying by abortion being murder, it should illegal. I see what you're saying but nonetheless, why are we targeting abortion when there's actual things that are causing murder? Like what about the death penalty? The death penalty is LITERALLY the textbook definition of murder and I don't see you republicans mad and offended over it. You're probably justifying it because the person who gets the penalty is an alleged criminal but it is still murder. Or what about guns? Literally the sole purpose of a gun is to kill. It's not like they have alternative purposes. Guns are responsible for so much of the violence and killings in the U.S. but republicans throw a fit if we even mention getting stricter gun laws. Also why aren't you guys focusing on war? The U.S. Army is responsible for killing so many innocent people because we have to police the world. Whether you agree with me or not on the fact that all we do is come to other countries to practice imperialism, it doesn't change the fact that people are getting murdered in war.
Now you'd say "war, guns, and the death penalty is necessary", right? Well, in my opinion, no its not but my point is abortion is needed. And guess what? Abortion doesn't kill people the same way war, guns, and the death penalty does. most abortions are taken place really early in the pregnancy. like the baby isn't even a real baby yet. the only time abortions are taken place late in pregnancy is when it will affect the mother's health. abortion is necessary for a wide spread of reasons but I'll save that for later in the argument.
Also while I'm going, why do you care so much about what's going on in a woman's body? It doesn't affect anyone but her. It's her body and therefore, it is her choice to make on whether she wants to bring an entire human being into this world, not yours.
Posted by cwt002 1 year ago
cwt002
Comments and thoughts about the debate so far.

1.Innocence should be a factor in this debate. Example, the death penalty v.s. abortion

2.Con- So in your opinion guns and war are NEVER necessary?

3.Why is it that only in cases of abortion can people say the size, level of development, environment and degree of dependency matter to determine the value for a human?

4.Con- The ONLY time".. so women never have a later term abortion for any other reason than for health.

5.I think that people tend to care because it is another human. People tend to not care if women want to get a kidney or liver removed.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
moron