bigwigaustin
Ilikeramen

Abortion is Murder

Ilikeramen has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

bigwigaustin

Pro

In this debate, I am taking the stance of the Pro. I think that abortion should be classified as murder and should be illegal.
For the first round, simply post your stance on this issue.
For the second round, we'll state the facts for our arguments.
For the third and fourth rounds, we'll counter each other.
For the final round, each of us will finish countering and will provide closing statements.
I look forward to debating you.
Ilikeramen

Con

I am against this statement that abortion is murder
bigwigaustin

Pro

So, let's begin. Here are some of the reasons, statements, and facts that I believe prove that abortion truly is murder.
To prove that abortion is murder, I will need to first prove that the organism is in fact alive. Thus, I am going to prove that the organism inside of the mother is a living human baby from the moment fertilization occurs.
First off, the organism inside of the womb is undeniably and unarguably a human. From a scientific viewpoint, as I assume you take if you are an advocate for abortion, from the moment when the sperm from the male reaches the egg, a new living entity is formed, referred to as a human zygote. Now let's go through the characteristics that define if something is alive or not and see if a human zygote fulfills these requirements:
1. Composed of a cell or cells(obviously, yes)
2. Able to grow, metabolize, and respond to the environment(yes, it grows, metabolizes, and responds to the womb)
3. Able to move(yes)
4. Able to respire(yes)
5. Able to reproduce(this is listed as a characteristic. In different stages in the womb, it does not have the needed reproductive organs. However, the ability to reproduce does not have to qualify as a requirement. Many humans have been born without reproductive organs or have had mutilations and, obviously, still have survived. Thus, reproduction is obviously not a solid requirement to determine that something is alive).
So, the human zygote is alive. Now let's go through a few other common arguments used for abortion.
Many argue that the human zygote is not a sentient being and use that as a driving cause for their arguments. This can easily be determined invalid, unless you would also like to argue that we can kill people in comas(who have the same exact level of sentience, if not less than, a human zygote.
Many others will go off on a completely different path, claiming that the zygote isn't even a human zygote! Once again, this can easily be disproved. The zygote is composed of human DNA and other molecules specifically known to humans, so the nature of the zygote is undeniably human.
I'm interested in hearing your views, and in the following two rounds we will begin countering each other's statements.
Posted by DnD 1 month ago
DnD
I would abort if i knew the child would be disabled, or if my life was in jeopardy.
Posted by Shad0wXx 1 month ago
Shad0wXx
@klmkmlk While that is terrible, I don"t see how killing the child (who isn"t even at fault) would solve the problem. That is attempting to use 2 wrongs to make a right. It seems simple enough to me. For example, if someone shoots you, does that give you the right to kill their child? Who is at fault?
Posted by klmkmlk 1 month ago
klmkmlk
what if the women is raped should she have to go the rest of her life knowing she carried her attackers baby
Posted by philochristos 1 month ago
philochristos
On second thought. . .
Posted by philochristos 1 month ago
philochristos
Too many rounds! Remove round 5, and I'll take it.