TBR
Anonymous212

Abortion is NOT murder!

TBR

Pro

Abortion is NOT murder!

Over my entire lifetime the pro-life groups have said this phrase “abortion is murder”. This is the simplest of debates.

Abortion, regardless of when a fetus becomes a person, if they have a heartbeat, fingerprints, is not murder.

If the fetus was given “personhood” and abortion outlawed, the proper charge might be manslaughter, but at this time, it is most certainly NOT murder!

Prove me wrong!

Murder
mərdər/

noun

1.the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
"the stabbing murder of an off-Broadway producer"

verb
1.kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.
"somebody tried to murder Joe"

man·slaugh·ter
manslôdər/

noun
the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder.

Anonymous212

Con

When you say the fetus is not a human then what is it? A dog or cat?

A fetus is one of the stages of development before a human being is born. Much like a person has stages of life after being born; child, teenager, young adult, adult. In other words, no matter what stage the individual is at, it is always a person but at different stages of life. This is very similar to the stages the human being goes through inside the stomach of the mother. Firstly, it all begins at conception and at four weeks the baby or human has a brain and a spinal cord. In this stage it is known as the embryo. Then at eight weeks the baby starts to form body parts and a steady heartbeat has formed. At this point the baby is known as the fetus and is looking more like a human being. This is important because the fetus goes through stages and at what point can we agree that it become a human?

Every single time fertilization occurs the result of it is always a human being ,right? or am I completely wrong....

Murder is the killing of a human being and if the fetus is not a human being then what is it?
TBR

Pro

"When you say the fetus is not a human then what is it? A dog or cat?"

I never said this. I am saying abortion is not murder. Read the argument!

"A fetus is one of the stages of development before a human being is born. Much like a person has stages of life after being born; child, teenager, young adult, adult. In other words, no matter what stage the individual is at, it is always a person but at different stages of life. This is very similar to the stages the human being goes through inside the stomach of the mother. Firstly, it all begins at conception and at four weeks the baby or human has a brain and a spinal cord. In this stage it is known as the embryo. Then at eight weeks the baby starts to form body parts and a steady heartbeat has formed. At this point the baby is known as the fetus and is looking more like a human being. This is important because the fetus goes through stages and at what point can we agree that it become a human?"

Not on point. Abortion is not murder!

"Every single time fertilization occurs the result of it is always a human being ,right? or am I completely wrong...."

Still not on point. Abortion is not murder!

"Murder is the killing of a human being and if the fetus is not a human being then what is it?"

Finally, somthing on point. To be murder it must be unlawful. That is the entire point. Abortion is not illegal, it is not murder.

In conclusion, the pro-choice community should stop using this term. It is without a doubt the wrong word. Bad rhetoric.
Anonymous212

Con

Anonymous212 forfeited this round.
Posted by KhaosMage 1 year ago
KhaosMage
Make the argument rounds 24 hours, and I'll take this with you.
Posted by TBR 1 year ago
TBR
Again, no trick. I guess what everyone is saying is its true. Abortion is NOT murder. Please stop saying it is!
Posted by miketheman1200 1 year ago
miketheman1200
The two posts prior to mine are correct. Hopefully no one falls for this trick.
Posted by TBR 1 year ago
TBR
That's exactly what it is, lawful. Accept or don't accept, just stop calling abortion murder. Its ridiculous.
Posted by 16kadams 1 year ago
16kadams
you can just argue "it is legal, so it isn't unlawful". So I won't accept. :P
Posted by TBR 1 year ago
TBR
There is no trick! I am entirely frustrated with pro-life people insisting abortion is murder when it clearly is NOT.

Its not a clever anything, just a clear cut and dry fact.
Posted by Surrealism 1 year ago
Surrealism
Are you going to argue that because murder specifies unlawful, that that makes abortion not murder due to Roe v. Wade? Because I can't decide if that's clever or infuriating.