cAnDiShOpLaDi
I-am-a-panda

Abortion is WRONG!!!! ):

I-am-a-panda

cAnDiShOpLaDi

Con

This round is just for me to tell you how I feel about abortion and why and you tell me how you feel about it! Then in round two we start arguing!! I think it is cruel and wrong! It kills many lives and they don't even deserve it!! The babies didn't even do anything wrong just because the dumb ignerent woman decided to get knocked up doesn't mean the baby deserves to get killed!! ): That was the womans fault the least she could do was give it to an adoptive family!! I THINK IT SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I-am-a-panda

Pro

I thank my opponent for this debate. I am presuming I must argue, contrary to my actual position, in favour of legalising abortion, and my opponent will argue against it. As per my opponents request I will limit this first round to solely my case.

----------------------------------------
Pro Argument 1: Ectopic Pregnancy

Ectopic Pregnancy - A condition in which a fertilized egg settles and grows in any location other than the inner lining of the uterus. The vast majority of ectopic pregnancies occur in the Fallopian tube (98%), however, they can occur in other locations, such as the ovary, cervix, and abdominal cavity. [1]

If a woman has an ectopic pregnancy she is at a severe risk of dying. "There is not enough room or the proper environment outside the womb for the fetus to develop normally. In many cases, as the ectopic embryo starts to grow, it bursts the organ (usually the fallopian tube) that contains it, and is said to have "ruptured." This can cause bleeding, severe pain, and even death for the mother" [2].

If a woman goes without treatment of an ectopic pregnancy, she is at risk of death. The only treatment is to perform an abortion, via medical or surgical means [3]. If the ectopic pregnancy is left untreated, both the mother and the foetus are killed. Ergo, in this case an abortion is justified.

[1]= http://www.medicinenet.com...
[2] = http://www.ehealthmd.com...
[3] = http://en.wikipedia.org...

--------------------------
Pro Argument 2: Rape
--------------------------

In the event of rape, the foetus is one which is no fault of the mothers, and one which the mother has no obligation to care for. The foetus is essentially an intruder of the Mother in this sense. Furthermore, the emotional and physical distress following such an attack would leave them in a traumatic state, one which they cannot be expected to carry a child which was caused by their rape. The child is a painful reminder of her rape should she be forced to give birth to it.

Ergo, abortion of a foetus as a direct result of rape is justified.

Those are my arguments for round 1.
cAnDiShOpLaDi

Con

cAnDiShOpLaDi forfeited this round.
I-am-a-panda

Pro

I shall now refute my opponent argument.

"It kills many lives and they don't even deserve it"

--> While it kills life, killing anything is killing life, as something must be alive before it can be killed. The issue at hand is whether or not foetus' are human life.

"The babies didn't even do anything wrong........the baby deserves to get killed"

--> While I do not agree with an abortion for the sake of an abortion, this does not cover the case of a rape, where it is not the woman's fault.

"That was the womans fault the least she could do was give it to an adoptive family"

--> Again, the fault argument is not applicable to rape, and n a case of rape, a woman cannot be expected to give birth to her child.

Otherwise I extend my arguments and await my opponents response.
cAnDiShOpLaDi

Con

cAnDiShOpLaDi forfeited this round.
I-am-a-panda

Pro

I again extend my arguments and await my opponents response.
cAnDiShOpLaDi

Con

cAnDiShOpLaDi forfeited this round.
I-am-a-panda

Pro

My opponent has failed to offer an argument, nor has she refuted mine. Therefore, I urge a PRO vote.
Posted by ravenwaen 6 years ago
ravenwaen
Win!
Posted by Yvette 6 years ago
Yvette
lmao xD
Posted by Zetsubou 6 years ago
Zetsubou
lol
Posted by Railsguardian 6 years ago
Railsguardian
Why is the con arguing pro and the pro arguing con lol?
Posted by True2GaGa 6 years ago
True2GaGa
10/10 lol
Posted by Puck 6 years ago
Puck
Allcaps and exclamation points. I know I'm convinced.
Posted by I-am-a-panda 6 years ago
I-am-a-panda
"I am presuming I must argue, contrary to my actual position, in favour of legalising abortion, and my opponent will argue against it"
Posted by Immortal 6 years ago
Immortal
You know that both of you are arguing the wrong sides.
Posted by Marauder 6 years ago
Marauder
You need to cancle this debate quickly and change the name of the resolution or change your position to Pro. If the Resolution is it is wrong but you are con (against that resolution) then that means you support abortion (at least moraly).
I see how you made the mistake though, thinking you needed to be Con to say your against abortion. But you made the resolution against it too.
Vote Placed by Railsguardian 6 years ago
Railsguardian
cAnDiShOpLaDiI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by I-am-a-panda 6 years ago
I-am-a-panda
cAnDiShOpLaDiI-am-a-pandaTied