fridalizbeth
kawaii_crazy

Abortion is a good option

kawaii_crazy

fridalizbeth

Pro

Woman should have the right to have an abortion.
kawaii_crazy

Con

Abortion is not "good," so to speak. Good can be defined as many things. My definition of good: "to be desired or approved of" (originally from Oxford Dictionaries). Abortion is inhumane. Although my opponent is correct; women should have the right to have an abortion, according to our constitution and rights in America; abortions are not necessarily good. According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, an abortion is "spontaneous expulsion of a human fetus during the first 12 weeks of gestation." Therefore, my opponent is saying that killing a human fetus during its first 12 weeks of life is good. I disagree with this statement. A twelve-week old fetus has already developed muscles and begun to open and close his/her fingers, according to Baby Center. A twelve-week old fetus is already a human. He/she can move and is beginning to develop brain cells. I do not at all believe that killing such an innocent developing creature is morally right, or "good" for that matter.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
http://www.babycenter.com...
http://www.merriam-webster.com...;
fridalizbeth

Pro

fridalizbeth forfeited this round.
kawaii_crazy

Con

Well then, I guess that settles it folks. I see no reason to post an argument, for there is nothing to argue. I personally don't blame lizbeth for forfeiting. 15 minutes is not much time to write an argument. I posted mine with less than 2 minutes to spare... It was very tense, and we may do another debate over abortion with a longer time limit, but I must first contact my opponent to see if he/she would like to. Vote for who you thought had the most valid argument, and fridalizbeth and I may see you again in a future debate.
fridalizbeth

Pro

fridalizbeth forfeited this round.
kawaii_crazy

Con

kawaii_crazy forfeited this round.
Posted by kawaii_crazy 2 years ago
kawaii_crazy
I suggest you hurry and post your argument. I am sorry for doing this at such a late hour, but I thought that this was a pretty good debate to take part in, and did not want someone to accept the challenge before I could. If you are not able to post an argument, for it is 11:33PM where I am located, I would be happy to forfeit myself and restart another debate over the same topic, just with a longer period of time to post one's argument. Good luck. :)
Posted by ratinthehat 2 years ago
ratinthehat
Perhaps I am saying that life is good until the majority of living beings suffer, which would be the case if 1 billion more people were suddenly dropped on this planet.

Do you believe every person should have as many babies as they can? Because one might argue for abortion saying that a life is valuable no matter the conditions in which that life is raised. So have as many babies as possible, right?
Posted by ratinthehat 2 years ago
ratinthehat
@1Credo I'm not so sure that life is always better than no life. If I said, "I can bring 1 billion more people onto this planet" that isn't necessarily a good thing. We may believe that life is always worth living, but does that mean we want as much life as possible? Maybe by that logic life is not always worth having.
Posted by gomergcc 2 years ago
gomergcc
@1Credo I know many people that grew up in adopted/foster families that do wish that there mother would have just had an abortion. You clearly have only meet people that had a good experience and not ones that faced abuse daily. There is enough physical and sexual abuse that happens in adopted/foster families for it to be reasonable for a mother to question if she gives up the baby would the child face a horrible cruel life. Every woman I have personally known that had a abortion grew up in the system. They new they could not take care of the child and could not stand the thought of sending a child in to the system them that broke them. Fix the system so every child that is adopted, in foster care, or a group home as a decent life and you will see abortion rates drop.
Posted by SebUK 2 years ago
SebUK
Could you change the criteria so that I can accept?
Posted by james14 2 years ago
james14
@1Credo (very cool username, by the way) I totally agree. That's a fatal flaw in softline's argument. Giving women the opportunity to decide whether the baby lives or dies is arrogant and immoral.
Posted by 1Credo 2 years ago
1Credo
@softline

You seem to be implying that children who live in adopted families/foster homes would be better off dead (aborted) than living with adopted parents/foster parents. Can you possibly be serious? What authority gives you the right to decide for other humans whether or not they ought to live, based on a poorly understood idea of adopted/foster families? I know several individuals who have grown up in adopted families and foster homes, and I can say with confidence that not a single one of them would have chosen death before birth. How arrogant it is that you and others like you seem to think that you're in a position to make life and death decisions for other individuals.
Posted by softline 2 years ago
softline
I've read through some of the comments on this debate and one angered more than any other. "The baby comes first". I understand that this individual can't have children and is biased through that. However, you can't be pro life if you have exceptions, Because in those exceptions you're being pro choice. I agree that if you were to become pregnant, you need to grow up and understand your responsibility. However, there are many exceptions that no moral human would deny a woman an abortion, such as rape. However, the government should not tell me what I can or cannot do with my body. Besides, if you can't have a baby, (I understand it won't be the same), but you can always adopt. Just because abortion is legal doesn't mean that every woman not wanting a child will choose that. However, who are you to decide to make a child go from foster home to foster home, getting raped by their stepfather and beat by the mother because it was illegal for the mother to have an abortion. The children in foster homes are often mistreated and overpopulated. If abortion becomes illegal, so should the right of the father to walk out of their lives. The baby didn't ask to be here but the mother didn't want it either. I, personally, wouldn't have an abortion, but it is not the right of the government to tell me what I can and can't do with my body.
Posted by gordonjames 2 years ago
gordonjames
I would be willing to do the debate.

It might me more clear if your debate was "All women" or "some women" as it is currently not clear.

Assuming your position is "All women should have the right to have an abortion",
I would take the con position and debate that choosing your medical treatment should not always be the choice of the patient.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
fig. The only rights the woman has is life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. She does not have the right to limit or stop those rights from another. All abortion is is they have just taken the penalty from the act. All murder is illegal.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
fridalizbethkawaii_crazyTied
Reasons for voting decision: I generally refrain from awarding any points on an issue I am so strongly biased on, but the FF is beyond clear to do an objective conduct vote.
Vote Placed by CentristX 2 years ago
CentristX
fridalizbethkawaii_crazyTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by jesusfreak22 2 years ago
jesusfreak22
fridalizbethkawaii_crazyTied
Reasons for voting decision: The first "arguement" ( if you can call it that) that Pro posted contradicted the topic of the debate. I assume that, after Con pointed that out, Pro backed out.
Vote Placed by gordonjames 2 years ago
gordonjames
fridalizbethkawaii_crazyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Mostly because of FF