PhantomZyrus
MassiveDump

Abortion is bad and should never be done.

MassiveDump

PhantomZyrus

Pro

I say abortion is bad.
If you are intelligent enough to tell me that it is not, then I urge you to accept this debate.
MassiveDump

Con

I accept. My refutation will simply be this:

1. In the case of rape, abortion should be permitted.

2. If the birth will cause serious health complications or death to the mother, abortion should be permitted.

3. Dead baby jokes are hilarious.

I wish my opponent best of luck, even though he only allowed a 750 character limit.
PhantomZyrus

Pro

The character limit has nothing to do with the aptitude of the argument.

Abortion: The deliberate termination of a human pregnancy. This kills the baby. Murder is illegal.
Abortion breaks laws.

1. Why should rape victims kill the baby? You get raped so you pay someone to commit murder? Two wrong don't make a right.

2. You would rather kill a baby with infinite potential than kill an adult who has most likely already carried out the purpose of her life? I would prefer to keep the baby. He still has the opportunity to do great things.

3. Irrelevant to the argument. Please make sure your points have to do with the argument.
MassiveDump

Con

1. Having a baby should be a consequence one should accept upon consenting to sexual intercourse. If someone does not consent to sexual intercourse, then neither are they consenting to pain of bearing a child. This furthers the victim's trauma.

2. Let's weigh this out.

Infinite potential spans from the microscopic chance of solving world hunger to the equally as likely outcome of becoming a genocidal dictator. The mother is a safe bet.

Also, in some conditions, the child will die with the mother. It is much more desirable to spare at least one life in these instances.

3. Oh, lighten up, you, it was a joke, not an argument.

The resolution has been negated.
PhantomZyrus

Pro

1. Having a baby is not a consequence. It's an expansion of family. Just because you don't want to feel pain doesn't mean you should hurt a baby instead. Also, in many cases, the female brings rape onto herself.

So because there is a small chance the baby will grow up to be bad, he should be killed? And you said if the mother dies, not if the baby will also die. You're adding stipulations now that were not part of your argument. Support your argument, please. You shouldn't have to change it in the middle of the debate.

3. This is a place for debates, not for jokes.

The resolution has been reaffirmed.
Con has been refuted.
MassiveDump

Con

1. Once again. When someone has consentual sex, they acknowledge that there are stressful consequences that can occur. A rape victim does not acknowledge the possible family extension, nor the nine-month funfest.

"in many cases, the female brings rape onto herself."

My opponent is SO lucky he's not a politician.

2. "And you said if the mother dies, not if the baby will also die."

Nonetheless, it's a possibility, and Pro had a chance to refute it, but didn't. Thus he concedes that that is a moral reason to have an abortion.

"Support your argument, please. You shouldn't have to change it in the middle of the debate."

Calling out on my tone rather than refuting. Tisk, tisk.

3. Bull, I'm MassiveDump.
Vote Placed by Sargon 4 years ago
Sargon
PhantomZyrusMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter Themoderate.
Vote Placed by Themoderate 4 years ago
Themoderate
PhantomZyrusMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Worst debate I have ever seen.
Vote Placed by Piccini 4 years ago
Piccini
PhantomZyrusMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Easy one for Con because of the NEVER part. Conduct goes to Con for Pro has lost a little bit of control in the last round. Neither one used sources, so it's a tie.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
PhantomZyrusMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: First of all there are actually two seperate resolutons, which should be avoided to begin with, but more so with a 750 character limit. Both how bad abortion is (I agree that it's bad), and that it should NEVER be done (which I disagree with, as there's problems like ectopic pregnancies which are guaranteed to be fatal to both if not aborted). Ok into the vote itself: Conduct "Also, in many cases, the female brings rape onto herself." Character assassination of the victims, in what I don't think was intended as a troll debate. Arguments: Pro used a rare tactic to avoid straw man fallacies, by turning his own argument into what looked like one. There was that, and some pathos appeals, yet little substance. I like his idea of not having a high character limit, but some of his points really needed to be expanded if they were to have weight. Con proved that there are cases where for the mother it is preferable not to give birth.