Loofa
solo

Abortion is compleatly utterly and totally wrong.

Started: 1/22/2008 Category: News

Loofa

Pro

Abortion is in no way right because its morally wrong I cannot see any reason for abortion ever. If someone doesn't want a kid they shouldn't get pregnant because taking a human life is just plain wrong. If you drown a pregnant woman it counts as a double murder so obiously a fetus is a person.
solo

Con

Thanks for the initiating this debate, Loofa. I hope to change your mind about this topic before the end of it.

<>

Just because you "cannot see any reason for abortion ever" does not mean there are not any. It simply means that you have not given the matter enough thought.

<>

I believe it is in greater error to have an unwanted child. Your argument makes it seems as if everyone is a willing participant in sexual intercourse and should suffer the consequences of pregnancy. I disagree. Let's say that a girl is raped and left pregnant from the violation. Society should then rob the girl of her right to abort the painful reminder of the violent assault. Society should taint her pregnancy and scar her by not allowing her to have her dream, which is to nurture an unborn child that was made in love. You are suggesting that she be burdened with the physical transformation, AND GREAT PAIN AND DISCOMFORT that her body will undergo as a response to being pregnant.

<>

If "person" is how you want to describe a fetus, then allow me to define "person" for you as society views the word in this matter.

http://dictionary.reference.com...
- a person not entitled to social recognition or respect.

Your argument is flawed in the sense that it does not cater to the well-being for victims of circumstance.
Loofa

Pro

In your argument about unwanted pregnancies you used the example of rape. Rape is an awful thing but, this still does not justify taking a living humans life.
This is like getting revenge on the wrong person.

As I said in my previous argument If you drown a pregnant woman it counts as a double murder therefore there can be no further debate on whether or not a fetus is a living person under the law. As we all know murder is against the law, Therefore abortion should be against the law as well. As a source that life begins at conception I would like to cite Dr. Michal Barry M.D. "There is no debate in the medical community, life begins at the moment the zygote is formed." As we can see from the evidence that I have shown, first that under the law a fetus is a person, and second in the medical community there is no debate on whether or not a fetus is a person.

I Have thought thoroughly about this topic and I cannot see any reason for abortion despite my opponent's arguments.
solo

Con

<>

It's nothing like that at all. You're proposing punishment for the victim. You'd feel differently if you were a girl that were raped and as a result then pregnant. You have no idea of what you speak.

<>

I invalidate your argument with the same kind of circular logic that you're using: Murder IS ILLEGAL, and abortion IS LEGAL, therefore a fetus is not a person because murder is not condoned by the law. It's just that simple.

<>

I doubt that. You don't have the imagination to have done a proper job. You haven't thoroughly thought about anything, which is why you are able to make such a ridiculous statement: "Rape is an awful thing but, this still does not justify taking a living humans life." You haven't properly addressed the point of a raped girl being impregnanted by an assault and why she should be punished by carrying the child to term and then birthing it only to end up raising it, even though she is the victim. Why should she have to deal with her body being further violated by an unwanted pregnancy? Do you even understand how the female anatomy works? During pregnancy? Right after birthing a child? Postpartum depression? What research have you done? Surely you cannot think that having "thought thoroughly about this topic" that you are an adequate advocate for your argument without having solid facts to support your points. You make a (misspelled) moral proclamation without any reasons as to why you're "right". I do not agree with your side of the debate, at all, and find this line of thinking dangerous and backwards. Please prove to me why it is not.

Loofa

Pro

Abortion from rape should be dealt with but not to the extreme where a human life is lost. As I have shown in previous arguments a fetus is a human person. The death penalty is not dealt out to rapists, so why should it be dealt out to innocent young children.

<>

I unlike my opponent have a Medical Doctor (M.D.) to back up my statement of
"There is no debate in the medical community, life begins at the moment the zygote is formed." And in the constitution it clearly states that all humans have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happyness. Therefore abortion is really going against the constitution by depriving a child of life (liberty and the pursuit of happyness). ALSO I have used the example of a double murder by murdering a pregnant woman. Clearly I have more evidence to show why abortion obviously should be against the law.

<>

My opponent here has not only insulted me but he is debating something which no one but myself should be able to debate, my mind. It is stupid for someone to think that they can debate whether or not a person has thought thoroughly about a topic. My opponent cannot simply say I did not think about the topic, heaven's sake I don't even know this person.

My opponent argues that I make only moral statements but I am speaking simply in facts, backed up by the law, the Constitution, and a medical doctor if I am simply making moral statements how do I have so many sources.

Since this is my last argument I would like to say this. Abortion cannot stay legalized because taking innocent lives should not be legal in any country.

Thank You solo for taking part in this debate.
solo

Con

<>

Again, you've avoided addressing my direct points that have to do with a girl being FORCED to SUFFER the physical changes brought on by PREGNANCY.

< "There is no debate in the medical community, life begins at the moment the zygote is formed.">>

I never disputed that a fetus was a life or not. I said a fetus is not a person. (I even defined it for you and provided a link to my source.) There's a distinct difference. I'm sure that if I go and look under a rock outside that I can probably find "life". That doesn't mean I've found a person. We kill life everyday with fly-swatters and bug-spray and mouse-traps. Are we murderers commiting murder? No.

<>

No, you have more circular logic in your debate. That's all.

<>

As you haven't addressed all of my key points, I'm going to skip your pandering for votes here.

<>

Abortion is legal, so the law agrees with me there. If an abortion will bring happiness to a person, then it is their Constitutional Right to have one, as it is legally acceptable. I could find a medical doctor that performs abortions daily and s/he'll tell you that abortions are legal and morally acceptable. I've met each of your moral statements again and explained to you how each is acceptable. I wish you had addressed all of my key points.

<>

To each his own. Thanks for the debate, Loofa. I apologize if you got your feelings hurt.
Posted by solo 9 years ago
solo
Again... you are easily one of the most retarded (and probably most sheltered) individuals I've ever come across. It's usually straight Christian males (like yourself) that molest children. Why don't you do some fact finding and statistical analysis before you spew next time, huh? Also, raising kids to be gay? As we were raised to be gay by our straight parents? You're an idiot, dude. Get it together.
Posted by The_Deeps 9 years ago
The_Deeps
yeah you're the most inspiring and well-suited to claim who the better debator is. why are you getting personal?

and how do you know gay males aren't just adopting children to molest them or raise them gay so they have a bigger community?
Posted by ktmckay 9 years ago
ktmckay
WOW. You guys are all harsh about this. This is a very popular subject and i actually wrote a paper about it for my school. I may be young but i know what i am talking about. 1. it should be up to the women if they want to keep the baby.
2."finally, you, as a homosexual man in his 30's, you could not possibly harbor any feeling for children, as it is not possibly for you to even reproduce." there are plenty of ga guys who adopt children and love children just as much or more then stright guys saying that just goes to show how low you are.
Solo is right. And he's a better debator.
Posted by solo 9 years ago
solo
That rant is possibly the most retarded thing I have ever read. First of all, I don't care enough about you to dislike you, so don't flatter yourself. Secondly, my reproductive abilities are in perfect working order, but the only way you could make such a claim is if your mother says I slammed her junk without a condom and didn't get her unfertile deathtrap pregnant.

(I'm acutally pulling my punches. Enjoy your day!)
Posted by The_Deeps 9 years ago
The_Deeps
just because the majority of this country is barbaric does not mean i am wrong. what i do different from the masses is what defines me. besides, some people (like you) dislike me because im thinking differently, but i dislike people (like you) who are all the same.

finally, you, as a homosexual man in his 30's, you could not possibly harbor any feeling for children, as it is not possibly for you to even reproduce.
Posted by solo 9 years ago
solo
All of our individual opinions are insignificant, but I felt that you needed to be reminded, as you obviously feel that you are right, when in fact the majority of our country disagrees with you.
Posted by The_Deeps 9 years ago
The_Deeps
what makes my opinion insignificant? i have just as much say if not more than you.

and maybe one day i will be running this country.
Posted by solo 9 years ago
solo
<>

Perhaps, in your insignificant opinion. I suppose I'm fortunate that you are not running this country or making the laws, huh?
Posted by The_Deeps 9 years ago
The_Deeps
if a woman has the right to murder an innocent fetus, something that never even thought of breaking a law or insulting someone, then i have the right to murder someone like you.

there are alot of people in the world without names and social security numbers.

anyone who would ever abort a baby deserves to be locked up.
Posted by solo 9 years ago
solo
It should not be up to you as to how a rape victim should choose to deal with her tragedy. She should have the choice, and you have it totally WRONG when you think forcing her to endure unwanted physical changes and the pain and inconvenience of labor is NOT kicking her while she is down.

Does a fetus have a name? A social security number? No and no, therefore it doesn't count as a "person".
Vote Placed by m93samman 6 years ago
m93samman
LoofasoloTied
Vote Placed by BewareItsAndrew 7 years ago
BewareItsAndrew
LoofasoloTied
Vote Placed by numa 7 years ago
numa
LoofasoloTied
Vote Placed by bthr004 8 years ago
bthr004
LoofasoloTied
Vote Placed by solo 8 years ago
solo
LoofasoloTied
Vote Placed by Derek.Gunn 9 years ago
Derek.Gunn
LoofasoloTied
Vote Placed by Keithinator 9 years ago
Keithinator
LoofasoloTied
Vote Placed by ktmckay 9 years ago
ktmckay
LoofasoloTied
Vote Placed by believer_720 9 years ago
believer_720
LoofasoloTied
Vote Placed by arock 9 years ago
arock
LoofasoloTied