Jabuticaba
SolSun

Abortion is generally immoral.

Jabuticaba

Pro

This debate will be concerning abortion. I will be debating that abortion is generally immoral, my opponent will be going against such stating that abortion is generally moral.

Rules:

* means that the rules is only for my opponent, and do not apply to me.

1. * 1st round is for opening statements, last round write "thanks for the debate"
2. no prfanity
3. please don't troll

Accepting this debate, you are accepting the rules established.
SolSun

Con

Abortion is done before the baby is alive, so it is not bad. I noticed you are also debating this with BehindYou, a friend of mine. I agree with her, that abortion is not good, not bad, but moral.
Jabuticaba

Pro

Thank you for accepting. I would like to point out that the first round was your opening statements, so last round you must type "thanks for the debate". I can see however that you are slightly confused. Because of such, in all fairness, I will not rebut your opening statements, and stick to creating my own.

DEFINTIONS

Generally: "usually;commonly;ordinarily" [1]

Abortion:"Also called voluntary abortion. the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy.[2]

Immoral: "not morally good or right : morally evil or wrong" [3]

Living : "having life; living; existing; not dead or lifeless."[4]

ARGUMENTS

I will now begin with my arguments.

Living or not?

What makes something alive? Well basically, in order for something to be alive, it needs to have the 7 following characteristics: homostatis, organization, metabolism, growth, adaption, response to stimuli and reproduction. [5] Now in order to prove that a fetus is living, we much identify how a fetus can perform all characteristics.

Homostatis: Temperature in a fetus is mostly maintained by protective amniotic fluid. Nutrients are maintained by diffusion. The fetus is able to transport fats, proteins etc. into their circulatory system, implying and proving they are able to have the characteristic of homostatis. [5]

Organization: A fetus is composed of cells, therefore organization. [5]

Metabolism: A fetus has a metabolism. [5]

Growth: A fetus is capable of constantly growing. [5]

Adaption: "Many studies like this have been done that fetuses do in fact habituate, or adapt and respond to changes in their environment. " [5]

The other characteristics are also viewed in a fetus. Since a fetus has all of these characteristics, it is a human living being. Why is this important? Because it means if you are killing a fetus, you are killing a human, living being.

KILLING

Killing in most cases is immoral. Abortion is one of them. In most cases of abortion, they usually abort the child due to inability to care for it, or rape. In the very very rare case, it is due to medical issues. So as you can see, in most cases, abortion is wrong or immoral, because you are killing an innocent life. Because of such, it is immoral, in general, because it is immoral in most cases.

Because you are killing, and killing is immoral, it is wrong. Especially if the soon to be born child is innocent. Why not put the child up for adoption to at least I've him a chance to live? It is not right to prevent that living child from living, it is immoral in most cases. In cases to which medical issues are involved, if both the child and the mother are in danger, it is acceptable. But that is only 1 rare possibility. Since there are many other reasons beside this that are immoral, abortion is immoral in general.

CONCLUSION

I have proved a fetus is living, and therefore abortion the fetus is aborting a living being. It is wrong in most cases to abort an innocent living being, and therefore in most cases immoral. Or in other words, generally immoral.

SOURCES
1.http://dictionary.reference.com......
2.http://dictionary.reference.com......
3.http://www.merriam-webster.com......
4.http://dictionary.reference.com...;
5.http://silentholocaust.tumblr.com...;
SolSun

Con

SolSun forfeited this round.
Jabuticaba

Pro

Arguments extended.
SolSun

Con

SolSun forfeited this round.
Jabuticaba

Pro

Jabuticaba forfeited this round.
SolSun

Con

SolSun forfeited this round.
Jabuticaba

Pro

Jabuticaba forfeited this round.
SolSun

Con

SolSun forfeited this round.