Dilara
Lt.Harris

Abortion is morally wrong and unjustifiable.

Lt.Harris

Dilara

Con

A fetus and an embryo are both people. They're not the same type of person as. 1 year old or teen or 25 year old or 70 year old but they are people. Would you tell a pregnant women who wants to keep her baby that her a why has no rights? Of course not. They feel pain and they're like us only smaller and still inside the uterus. The only reason anyone can get an abortion is if carrying the baby to term is a health threat to the mom. It's not the baby's fault that it was a rape. The baby's not a rapist. If you want your career and don't have time for a baby sad day for you the baby is more important than your career. A human life is more I potash than anything and no one can take someone's right to life away (unless it's self defense)
Lt.Harris

Pro

Well, to start I was confused by the question and believed I would be going against abortion but I 'm going to go ahead and take the for abortion just to see how well you can make your arguement.
*Point 1: Pregnancy due to rape should have a way out. No 15 year old (age just for example) should have to give birth because of someone's else wrongdoing. That is to young of an age to have a child and even to go through the process. Abortion is often the only way out without taking time out of school or a possible job and without going through the pains of child birth.
Dilara

Con

I know I messed up I Should have put pro because I'm pro life but anyways thanks for debating with me. For the first part about rape a human life is more Important than anything and more so than school or popularity or ones social status. 15 is very young and abortion would probably be better because the of health of the mother. The only justifiable reason to abort a baby aka murderer a baby is if the pregnancy is a health threat to the mom. If you are too young or something like that you Should have a choice about aborting but no one else should.
Lt.Harris

Pro

See. It isn't always right. However, the debate topic is that it is wrong and morally unjustifiable which you just admitted that it could be justified (yet again, I am only going this way cause I commited to it and I might as well see how well I can argue something I don't believe). However, if a mother also finds that the child could have disabilities (I work with people with disabilities so no direspect it meant) it is well within the rights for them to ease both their lives and the unborn child's. That's all I got til you respond.
Dilara

Con

What about the child?. I am buddy's with lots of the mentally challenged kids at our school and I think they deserve a chance at life. They're people to. When I see them they always Say his cause they remember me from art class and they're always very polite. I just don't see why someone could kill them. It's probably not easy to be their parents but that doesn't justified killing them.
Lt.Harris

Pro

Well, as I've already gotten you to admit that abortion is justifiable, the child is unborn. When a person such as a developmentally or intellectually disabled person would be born, it should be the rights of the parent. Also, if a parent decides that pregnancy isn't for them, they should be able to abort the child. The child is not the one that will have to deal with caring for itself for the first 18 years of its life, and if is it disabled then the parents could be potentially having to work with them for life. I happen to LOVE working with disabled people but for some people, it just isn't right for them and many people feel guilty about adoption as then the child remains born but knows that the parents didn't care enough to keep it and that it might not ever have anybody to call mother or father. Yet again, I am against abortion but these are the arguments I hear most in support for it.
Posted by Lt.Harris 2 years ago
Lt.Harris
For everyone to know, as I stated in the debate, I am against abortion and I only argued it here as I was hoping to lose. Unfortunately that didn't occur but I DO NOT SUPPORT ABORTION IN ANY WAY.
Posted by iOS 2 years ago
iOS
Legally or Scientifically?
Posted by philochristos 2 years ago
philochristos
You should make yourself "Pro." Pro means you affirm the resolution, and Con means you're against the resolution.
Vote Placed by Christian_Debater 2 years ago
Christian_Debater
DilaraLt.HarrisTied
Reasons for voting decision: I only put that I agree with Con because Con was supposed to take the position of Pro yet didn't. So yea, just saying, I am against abortion. As for conduct, it is a tie because both were respectful, etc. Spelling and grammar definitely goes to Pro. As for most convincing arguments, since Con admitted that in her opinion abortion can be justifiable, I am giving this to Pro. As for mots reliable sources, it is a tie because nobody cited anything.
Vote Placed by Burncastle 2 years ago
Burncastle
DilaraLt.HarrisTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con lost when she admitted that abortion was justifiable. There really is nothing more to it than that, both sides had rather weak arguments but Con shot herself in the foot with that.
Vote Placed by ZMowlcher 2 years ago
ZMowlcher
DilaraLt.HarrisTied
Reasons for voting decision: Since there were no sources, I left that tied. Dilara had horrible grammar and admitted there's justifiable reason for abortion. Pro wins.