The_Libertarian
TFP3141

Abortion is morally wrong in most cases.

TFP3141 has forfeited round #1.

The_Libertarian

Pro

Before I begin, I'd just like to exterminate any possible arguments that may contain logical fallacies; the most common argument I see is in relation to the notion that some cases of abortion are due to rape. In these cases, I agree with the use of abortion, however, it is not an argument supporting the general and common use of abortion in its entirety. Just because SOME cases are a result of rape, it does not mean ALL cases should be justified. I'd also like Con to know that this is my first debate on this website, thus if anything is dodgy, let me know.

Let's begin. I believe abortion, in many cases, is a result of parental negligence, thereafter meaning that it is the unjustified killing of human life. It is conceivable to say that life begins way after the baby is initially born{1}. Even so, if this is not the case, surely potential life is truly enough?

I'll leave it to Con to suggest other reasons as to why the baby was conceived in the first place, if not a result of parental negligence. With contraception being easily accessible, there is no reason for anyone to conceive life by simple nonchalance.

Good luck!

[1] http://www.nrlc.org...