Zaradi
Gabbie222

Abortion is morally wrong.

Zaradi

Zaradi

Con

Burden of Proof will be on the pro debater. Thus, I will wait for her to post her first argument.
Gabbie222

Pro

I believe that killing innocent unborn children is wrong even if you say they are not human yet... wrong All life that was created with sperm and an egg is life right when the sperm hits the egg therefore it is human and it is wrong to murder such a gift
Zaradi

Con

Okay, so let's consider a few points first, then I'll refute my opponent's arguments.

First scenario: You and your boyfriend get a little frisky. He says that it doesn't matter whether or not he wears a condom, you're too drunk to care. A week later, you figure out that you're pregnant. Your boyfriend bails on you, refuses to give you any support and gets out of town. You don't have a job, or (at best) a part-time job that pays minimum wage. Definetely not enough to raise a child. Your parents won't let you give up the baby for adoption, and the baby will have a much worse life if you let it live. So why not spare the child a miserable life and abort the baby? How would you like to have been in the babies shoes, living a miserable life with a mother who can't provide for you?

Second scenario: This time, you and your husband are perfectly happy, and have a stable income in a stable home and a stable life. You decide with your husband that it's time to have a baby and you get pregnant with him. Everything is fine and dandy, until after a scheduled sonogram your doctor announces to you and your husband that your child has a horrible disease that there is no known cure for. This disease will cause them massive amounts of suffering and pain to your child. Giving them up for adoption won't cause the pain to end. Why would you force your child to endure this pain and suffering just so you don't have a guilty conscious? If you cared for your child, wouldn't you want them to not have this kind of suffering?

Now, to adress my opponent's arguments line by line.

"I believe that killing innocent unborn children is wrong even if you say they are not human yet"

1. Just because you believe it to be true, it doesn't make it true. I could believe that pink, fire-breathing unicorns that eat nails and poop diamonds exist, but it doesn't make it true.
2. At what point do we consider a mass of cells to be a human being? If any ol' mass of cells that have human DNA are considered a human being, is it immoral to kill ANY mass of human cells? Would this mean that it would be immoral to scratch our noses or cut our hair, because doing so would be killing masses of human cells. They were created as a result of sperm fertilizing the egg, so under your line of logic, it would be immoral to scratch our noses and get hair cuts. Does that even make sense? Nope.

I do hope you reconsider your position.

Gabbie222

Pro

You have a very good point there and very good scenarios and loved the pink magic unicorns.... I guess I am on both sides..... I just don't think you should have sex and then get an abortion just cuz you don't feel like taking care of it or taking responsibilities
Zaradi

Con

"I just don't think you should have sex and then get an abortion just cuz you don't feel like taking care of it"

And that's a totally fair opinion. But that doesn't make abortion an immoral response to being pregnant. Just because a portion of our population is stupid, why do we have to punish those who aren't stupid and just get a bad stroke up luck because of other people's stupidity and lack of responsibility? If we're looking for the best interests of the baby, it's often a good idea to keep abortion a possibility.

Also, I'd like to point out to the voters that she really hasn't refuted any of my arguments.
Gabbie222

Pro

well I'm only 13 so I have no clue what your last sentence was...... also your right most people are stupid. I personally think that if your "grown up enough" to have sex then you can take care of the baby.
Posted by Gabbie222 2 years ago
Gabbie222
im fricking 13 for peet sakes i dont know jack sh!t
Posted by Gabbie222 2 years ago
Gabbie222
thank you for letting me go first
Vote Placed by KeytarHero 2 years ago
KeytarHero
ZaradiGabbie222Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Not a very good debate. Conduct to Pro for Con shifting the burden of proof (you make the claim, you bear the burden of proof), but arguments to Con since Pro didn't respond to them, although Con's arguments are largely irrelevant to the debate at hand (as sad as the situations are, appealing to pity is a fallacy and does not prove whether it is right or wrong). Spelling and grammar to Con for obvious reasons.
Vote Placed by THEBOMB 2 years ago
THEBOMB
ZaradiGabbie222Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I wouldve hoped Pro learned some after being in a few debates...but, poor arguments on Pro's side...
Vote Placed by 16kadams 2 years ago
16kadams
ZaradiGabbie222Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro, ask for my help in a PM when your losing like h-ll. Pro dropped all arguments and had poor arguments herself.