SebUK
A341

Abortion is not okay in the case of rape

SebUK

Pro

Round 1 is for acceptance only and please no rebuttal in Round 2
A341

Con

SebUK

Pro

We've all heard the argument that "abortion is justified in cases where the mother has been raped". Frankly I have to disagree with this. Abortion Is taking Away a life and this is why it's wrong why is abortion justified when its caused by rape is it the baby's fault that it's father is a rapist? is the child any less love deserving? even if the mother has a problem with keeping it she can always give it to adoption and in fact in most states in the USA she can abondon the baby inside the hospital , only roughly 1% of abortions are done because of rape . 'BUT THE FETUS IS UNCONCIOUS' and so is a 6 month year old baby that doesn't mean its right to kill it, While rape is a sad issue, it still does not justify the murder of an innocent child. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
"The results showed that more than half of the women expressed that a bad relationship with the partner in one way or another was a motive for the abortion. Other important motives included characteristics of the women and their partners, mainly immaturity, work/studies and unsuitable life situation for having a child. Less common motives seemed to be economy, dwelling and medical and health factors." I await my Opponents respone and why he thinks abortion is okay in the case of rape.
A341

Con

"Abortion Is taking Away a life and this is why it's wrong why is abortion justified when its caused by rape is it the baby's fault that it's father is a rapist? is the child any less love deserving? even if the mother has a problem with keeping it she can always give it to adoption and in fact in most states in the USA she can abondon the baby inside the hospital."

Obviously a better outcome would be the adoption of a baby but this doesn't matter, what matters is whether or not the woman who has been rapped should have the option to abort.

"only roughly 1% of abortions are done because of rape"

This is totally irrelevant, to the woman who has been rapped and is pregnant it doesn't matter whether or not it is 1% or 100%.

"'BUT THE FETUS IS UNCONCIOUS' and so is a 6 month year old baby that doesn't mean its right to kill it, While rape is a sad issue, it still does not justify the murder of an innocent child."

This is a straw man argument, it is not used by anyone except yourself.

Now I have finished my rebuttal I will start my case.

"92% of all abortions happen during the first trimester" [1] as you can see most abortions occur in the first few weeks of pregnancy when the fetus can do very little reminiscent of a human, true it does have human DNA but so does a placenta, it doesn't even have a well developed nervous system, that will develop (to a relative standard) at the age of 18 weeks [2]. During the first trimester the baby can do little that makes it human, it still is because of genetics but so is a placenta or a detached fingernail.

In a hypothetical situation a two year old child needs a liver transplant (don't know why, maybe heavy drinker) the only person who can give the baby the liver they need is the babies mother, should the mother be forced to give up her liver, if the answer is no then you are a hypocrite. This is to do with bodily rights, while the fetus does have the right to live it doesn't have the right to live at another's expense.

Specifically in the case of rape the victim is likely to be physiology traumatized [3] and they are in no state to give birth (regardless of what happens to those children). Eventually the chances are they will recover [4] and may in future have children when they are able to raze them.

I look forward to your counter arguments.

[1] http://www.abort73.com...
[2] http://www.whattoexpect.com...
[3] http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com...(1990)16:5%3C297::AID-AB2480160503%3E3.0.CO;2-V/abstract
[4] http://www.uic.edu...
SebUK

Pro

'This is totally irrelevant, to the woman who has been rapped and is pregnant it doesn't matter whether or not it is 1% or 100%.' It does matter if it's 1% or 100% , i do agree that it is irrelevant to the scenario i was just making sure you konw that abortion because of rape is pretty rare 'his is a straw man argument, it is not used by anyone except yourself.' Ive had many debates about abortion and many have claimed that because the fetus is unconcious people should have the right to kill it.'"92% of all abortions happen during the first trimester" [1] as you can see most abortions occur in the first few weeks of pregnancy when the fetus can do very little reminiscent of a human, true it does have human DNA but so does a placenta, it doesn't even have a well developed nervous system, that will develop (to a relative standard) at the age of 18 weeks [2]. During the first trimester the baby can do little that makes it human, it still is because of genetics but so is a placenta or a detached fingernail.' a fingernail is not a life , i don't neccesary see a big difference between killing a young fetus or an older fetus since both stop the development of a human.'This is to do with bodily rights, while the fetus does have the right to live it doesn't have the right to live at another's expense.' I remember having a debate with a feminist once on omegle.com in the end without any good argument's she shaid 'but it would ruin my vagina' I really do think that this kind of behaviour is very disturbing um scratch marks and a possibility of a worse looking vagina vs the murder of a developing human um so how does the fetus have the right to life if you support people terminating such a fetus? . 'Specifically in the case of rape the victim is likely to be physiology traumatized [3] and they are in no state to give birth (regardless of what happens to those children). Eventually the chances are they will recover [4] and may in future have children when they are able to raze them.' That is my opponents personal opinion and not a fact when i see someone online a chat room called 'rape survivors ' am i supposed to be impressed? you got a dick when you didn't want to but you are not a survivor unless he raped you with a sharp fuckinh knife. Majority of the rape victims get over it i don't even see how the psychological impact of rape effects the process of physical birth 9 months later.
A341

Con

"i don't neccesary see a big difference between killing a young fetus or an older fetus since both stop the development of a human."

You don't see the difference between stopping something which is no more living than a placenta and a viable child?

"I remember having a debate with a feminist once on omegle.com in the end without any good argument's she shaid 'but it would ruin my vagina' I really do think that this kind of behaviour is very disturbing um scratch marks and a possibility of a worse looking vagina vs the murder of a developing human um so how does the fetus have the right to life if you support people terminating such a fetus?"

This again is if not a straw man argument it is certainly not an argument I endorse.

"That is my opponents personal opinion and not a fact when i see someone online a chat room called 'rape survivors ' am i supposed to be impressed? you got a dick when you didn't want to but you are not a survivor unless he raped you with a sharp fuckinh knife. Majority of the rape victims get over it i don't even see how the psychological impact of rape effects the process of physical birth 9 months later."

I really hope you are a troll. For you to not see the potential damage a rape does you must be so unbelievably emotionally detached. Rape has profound physiological damage as I think I have already showed [1]. And for you to say that they didn't die therefore it's fine is unbelievably cold and inhuman.

[1] https://www.rainn.org...
SebUK

Pro

'You don't see the difference between stopping something which is no more living than a placenta and a viable child?'
My opponent claims it's okay to kill a fetus just because it's young , It is in a state of development just like an older fetus. 'I really hope you are a troll. For you to not see the potential damage a rape does you must be so unbelievably emotionally detached. Rape has profound physiological damage as I think I have already showed [1]. And for you to say that they didn't die therefore it's fine is unbelievably cold and inhuman.' My opponent has claimed that he has shown why rape is so psychologically damaging , Than he claims that my argument is inhuman which is a moral claim that shouldn't be used when making laws, I'm not saying rape is okay i'm saying that even if rape did have some sort of a psychological impact on the victim It doesnt interfere in the physical process of giving birth . My opponent didn't give any more arguments for me to adress .
A341

Con

My opponent claims it's okay to kill a fetus just because it's young , It is in a state of development just like an older fetus."

This is a straw man fallacy. I simply asked why you extend rights to something virtually indistinguishable from a placenta but not to the placenta.

"My opponent has claimed that he has shown why rape is so psychologically damaging , Than he claims that my argument is inhuman which is a moral claim that shouldn't be used when making laws, I'm not saying rape is okay i'm saying that even if rape did have some sort of a psychological impact on the victim It doesnt interfere in the physical process of giving birth ."

Rape severely damages a person's mental state, I hope we can both accept that. The law should be in place to prevent damage to the populace be that either mental or physical. While the psychological impact has no impact on the physical process the physical process has psychological impact.

The rape victim should have as much protection from psychological harm as they can be given including abortion if that is necessary. They will probably recover after some time and then the chances are they can raise a family.

I did not refer to you as inhuman in regards to the law but in regards to your statement "you got a dick when you didn't want to but you are not a survivor unless he raped you with a sharp fuckinh knife.".
SebUK

Pro

' I simply asked why you extend rights to something virtually indistinguishable from a placenta but not to the placenta.' What do you mean it is undistinguishable? a fetus has a heart beat a nervous system and much more before birth . It is a life it is a human . 'Rape severely damages a person's mental state, I hope we can both accept that. ' I can only agree that Rape CAN cause damage to a person's mentality , 'The law should be in place to prevent damage to the populace be that either mental or physical. ' And that is my opponents opinion which is totally irrelevant to the issue of abortion. 'While the psychological impact has no impact on the physical process the physical process has psychological impact.' we can agree on that sure . 'The rape victim should have as much protection from psychological harm as they can be given including abortion if that is necessary.' That is like saying because this person is psychologically harmed by anothers person existance he has to die .
' They will probably recover after some time and then the chances are they can raise a family.' They could also recover from potentiol damage by giving the baby to adoption..... I don't see a big difference on how that would affect the mother any worse than if she aborted it in fact she probably will regret aborting a child and will be reminded of it in the future . At least when you are giving it to adoption the child is going to have a chance to live . It is not the babies fault her mother prefers to kill it than give it to adoption. 'I did not refer to you as inhuman in regards to the law but in regards to your statement "you got a dick when you didn't want to but you are not a survivor unless he raped you with a sharp fuckinh knife.".' Something being offensive doesn't make my point any less creditable .
A341

Con

A341 forfeited this round.
Posted by SebUK 3 years ago
SebUK
xD
Posted by A341 3 years ago
A341
May have made a grammatical error...
Posted by Seeginomikata 3 years ago
Seeginomikata
http://9gag.com...

This is why grammer is important, folks.
Posted by A341 3 years ago
A341
Sorry, forgot to post the final round.
Posted by A341 3 years ago
A341
Oh ok I guess that's a problem with your computer.
Posted by SebUK 3 years ago
SebUK
How am i supposed to seperate them? When i click submit it turns into one big paragrapth?
Posted by A341 3 years ago
A341
Please separate your argument into paragraphs next time. It makes it much easier to read.