Mac3612
Pill_Junkie_Monkey

Abortion is wrong and needs to be stopped

Mac3612 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Mac3612

Pro

I would like to start this debate with saying that I will not be arguing from a religious standpoint, because I realize that not everyone believes in the same religion and I would only be digging my own debate grave if I mentioned any form of religion. I won"t need to stoop to mentioning why it"s wrong in many religions, because I"m pretty confident in my ability to arugue this topic through science and reason. I"m looking forward to arguing with anyone who challenges me. Good luck.
Pill_Junkie_Monkey

Con

I accept. I will hold the null hypothesis here.
Mac3612

Pro

In the wild a beautiful Mallard duck lays an egg, an example of what comes from the beautiful concept we call procreation. For a human to come and stomp on this egg, to snuff out a young animal life for no reason, should be considered absolutely cruel and horrifying. Although I will not try to act as if an animals life means as much as a humans, because it simply does not, but parallels can be drawn between my previously mentioned scenario and abortion. Abortion is nothing short of murder no matter how you look at it, and there are little to no excuses for getting one. Sure there are always extreme circumstances that should allow an individual to get an abortion, like the birth resulting in the mother"s death. Though these circumstances can always be met with a solution, like only certain, life risking, pregnancies can be dealt with properly. And for all this, "the baby is part of my body, and I can do whatever I want to it," there"s a phrase for this kind of talk. Talking out of your a$$. The moment you decide to be stupid and negligent that life is out of your hands. The are so many ways to prevent pregnancy it"s mind boggling, and for those saying, "well a lot of the birth protection products are not 100%," there is one thing that always seems to work. Not having sex. This might be hard for most people out there, but in all honesty...suck it up. If you want to have sex that"s ok, just be prepared for the small chance that you could get someone pregnant, or you could get pregnant. That fetus has the right to life just as much as you, or I do, and aborting it, no matter how painless or not, is murder.
Pill_Junkie_Monkey

Con

"In the wild a beautiful Mallard duck lays an egg, an example of what comes from the beautiful concept we call procreation. For a human to come and stomp on this egg, to snuff out a young animal life for no reason, should be considered absolutely cruel and horrifying." - Why is this unjustified?

"Abortion is nothing short of murder no matter how you look at it, and there are little to no excuses for getting one." - A murder is defined as an unjustified killing. So, why is outright killing unjustified (murder), and why thereby is abortion murder?

"Though these circumstances can always be met with a solution, like only certain, life risking, pregnancies can be dealt with properly. And for all this, "the baby is part of my body, and I can do whatever I want to it," there"s a phrase for this kind of talk. Talking out of your a$$. The moment you decide to be stupid and negligent that life is out of your hands. The are so many ways to prevent pregnancy it"s mind boggling, and for those saying, "well a lot of the birth protection products are not 100%," there is one thing that always seems to work. Not having sex. This might be hard for most people out there, but in all honesty...suck it up. If you want to have sex that"s ok, just be prepared for the small chance that you could get someone pregnant, or you could get pregnant. That fetus has the right to life just as much as you, or I do, and aborting it, no matter how painless or not, is murder." - Okay, you're getting ahead of yourself here! Why is outright killing a person objectively wrong?