Abortion is wrong and needs to stop please tell me im wrong.

I got 3 pages of my hand-written notes and actual numbers saying abortion is wrong. But i will say what i have to say when you ask me something.

Uh... I guess this is my first case here, so I'll stumble around quite a bit, but I don't believe there is anything wrong with abortion. If, and only if the mother is raped which is the cause of insemination and becomes pregnant then I say she should be able to abort herself, especially in cases where the mother abuses the child because of bad memories (Which I suppose at least one person has done), then the child commits suicide. Or maybe the mother beats the child to death. In that case I'd rather she'd aborted it, because then there's less pain and suffering for the fetus involved, and other people who became attached to it while it was still alive.

Abortion is needed incase of rape?
To answer your question 1/3 of 1% abortions happen because of rape.

That would be 0.333%, just so you know

But does that really invalidate my statement? It's just saying that a minority of abortions are cause by rape, there can be other reasons and 0.333% of a few million is still a big number :I
According to this suspicious looking website >>;,

95% of abortions are done as birth control, 1% are done because of rape/incest, 1% because of fetal abnormalities, and 3% due to the mother's health problems.

Technically, it's more like 1 out of 5 abortions, the way we're speaking of abortion. Which means something closer to 20% of a few million, which, if I'm not mistaken, is a pretty big number. And we can justify health problems too, I suppose, because a would you rather have one dead person, or two of them?

Fetal abnormalities is also fair I guess, because it might die anyways :^

"Fetal abnormalities"- It's not a fetise.
At the moment of conception a human child comes to existence. This new life has DNA and offspring of human parents, it can only be described as human life.

"it is scientifically correct to say that an individual human life begins at conception"- Dr.Micheline Matthews- Roth, Harvard Medical School.

"... I submit that human life is present throughout this entire sequence from conception to adulthood and that any interruption at any point throughout this time constitutes a termination of humanlife." - Dr.Alfred Bongipvami, University of Pennslyvania.

"By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception." -Professor Hymie Gordon, Founder of the Mayo Clinic's Medical Genectics Program.

It's still a fetus. A fetus is just a stage of development, not some sort off other species, so I don't get what you mean?
I never rejected the idea that a fetus was a human :1
I also never said that human lives weren't being ended... I think you're missing my point here

I... honestly don't know what to say this round, I made my points earlier and you've made no real attempts to refute them or provide evidence that goes against them, so I'll just leave it as is.

Vote pro :D
Posted by Sir_Shadow 11 months ago
Hehehe, that's true
Posted by Balacafa 11 months ago
This debate is stupid. There were no citations. No proper offensive arguments. It was a competition of who could make the most convincing assertions. Pro got lucky because Con had no reliable offense to his case.
Posted by Sir_Shadow 11 months ago
Accidental doublepost, sorry ><
Posted by Sir_Shadow 11 months ago
I kind of went against my other point there >>;

Also, .333% of 100 becomes 6.66% of 5, if you wanted to know
Posted by Sir_Shadow 11 months ago

Posted by WorldSkeptic 11 months ago
"To answer your question 1/3 of 1% abortions happen because of rape." Citation please?
Posted by GoOrDin 11 months ago
I agree only rape victims should be allowed. however I also think married women with their husbands should also be able to personally(the woman) make the discussion also.
Vote Placed by Balacafa 11 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: This is an easy vote. Con and Pro shared a split BOP. Con had no offense and relied solely on a defensive case. Whilst Pro's arguments were unconvincing, I have no choice but to vote Pro based on the fact that it was impossible for Con to prove anything without him actually providing arguments in the debate. Con's rebuttals were attacks on arguments that Pro never actually made. An example of this is in the final round. Pro never rejected the idea that a fetus was human yet con felt the need to respond to this instead of addressing Pro's arguments. This meant that Pro's arguments still stand and Con never had any arguments to begin with. I vote Pro based on this.