shelllypeaslet
That1User

Abortion is wrong, and should be illegal

shelllypeaslet

Pro

Abortion is wrong, and should be illegal. It is murder.
That1User

Con

I accept. I'll be arguing against the claim that "Arbotion should be illegal." and that Arbortion should be classified as murder.
Before I begin my argument I would like to thank my opponent for theopportunity to debate such a controversial issue. I would also like to define some key terms because my oppenent has not defined these terms yet.

Abortion: : "the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus." -Merriam Webster

Wrong: "behavior that is not morally good or correct

: a harmful, unfair, or illegal act"- Merriam Webster

should: "used in auxiliary function to express obligation, propriety, or expediency " -Merriam Webster (ought to)

illegal: : "not according to or authorized by law" -Merriam Webster

murder: "the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought" -Merriam Webster

In order to prove her claim, my oppenent has to prove that Abortion:
1) Is wrong
a. Is not morally good or correct
b. Is harmful
c. Is unfair
2) Should be illegal
3) Is murder

Now to begin my argument:
"Abortion is wrong, and should be illegal. It is murder." - shelllypeaslet
Rebutal against illegal arbortion:

In the United States, arbotion was illegal, and in many nations arbotion is still illegal. In fact, about 10 to 20 million arbotions are illegal. These illegal arbotions are extremely dangerous, and account for "about 13% of all deaths of women as a result of serious complications. ." (Source: http://www.emedicinehealth.com...)

These statistics show that illegal arbortions are extremely harmful, because not only does the fetus die, but the mother dies as well. For this reason illegal arbortions are less morally correct, more harmful, and more unfair than legal arbortions because both the fetus and the mother dies, resulting in uncessary death. Therefore, illegal arbortions are more wrong than legal arbortions, thus arbortions should not be illegal.

Rebuttal against arbotion being murder:

Murder is defined as: "the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought" -Merriam Webster

First of all, when arbortion is legal, it fails to meet the critea of the first part of the definition of murder "the crime of unlawfully killing a person Because this premediative killing of a fetus is legal, it is not illegal, and therefore it is not murder. The reason why aborition is legal in the United is because of the landmark Supreme Court Case Roe v. Wade which declared that it is a women's right to have an arbortion under the due process clause of the 14th Amendment.
(Source: http://www.law.cornell.edu...)

Second of all, the top reasons to have an abortion fails to meet the criteria of the second part of the definition of murder "especially with malice aforethought" The reason to have an arbortion is to end an unwanted pregancy. This pregancy may not be wanted for various reasons, including not being able to afford to care for a child, preventing a child with severe birth defects or severe medical problems from being born, ending a pregancy resulting of rape or incenst, and ending a pregancy that may result in the death or harm of the pregrant mother. (Source:http://www.webmd.com...) These reasons are not malicious at all, in fact, some are out of kindness (especially preventing a child to be born with severe birth defects or medical problems.)

In conclusion, arbortions should not be illegal and should not be classified as murder, per the reasons above.
shelllypeaslet

Pro

shelllypeaslet forfeited this round.
That1User

Con

That1User forfeited this round.
shelllypeaslet

Pro

shelllypeaslet forfeited this round.
That1User

Con

That1User forfeited this round.
shelllypeaslet

Pro

shelllypeaslet forfeited this round.
That1User

Con

Unfortunately my opponent has forfeited and has failed to give a counter argument. The reason for her forfeiture was that her computer broke and thus was not able to post her counter argument. My reasoning for forfeiture was to give shelly the maximum amount of time in order for her to find a working computer, type up her counter-argument, and post her counter- argument. Unfortunately shelly forfeited three rounds and thus did not type up her counter-argument. Extend my argument.
Posted by That1User 2 years ago
That1User
Hmm...I think I will forfeit this round, in order to give shelly the maximum amount of time to post her argument, unless she states otherwise. Also shelly, I strongly suggest using a computer from your local library in order to post your argument.
Posted by That1User 2 years ago
That1User
Shelly, please tell me when your computer is working. I will wait for as long as I can so you can form a proper rebuttal against my Round 1 argument. Once again, this forfeit will not be against you because of unforseen events.
Posted by shelllypeaslet 2 years ago
shelllypeaslet
mmhm !
Posted by That1User 2 years ago
That1User
Thank you! :-)
Posted by shelllypeaslet 2 years ago
shelllypeaslet
i added you as a friend!
Posted by That1User 2 years ago
That1User
Hopefully it is fixed soon! What do you mean by "I'll add you?"
Posted by shelllypeaslet 2 years ago
shelllypeaslet
I promise as soon as my computer is up and running I will definitely try again.. ill add you.
Posted by That1User 2 years ago
That1User
Oh okay! I won't count this forfeit against you if that ends up happening do to unforseen events. I also urge future voters to not count this potential forfeit against shelly.
Posted by shelllypeaslet 2 years ago
shelllypeaslet
i am so sorry, my computer has been down and its hard to type up an argument on an Iphone, i apologize.
Posted by That1User 2 years ago
That1User
Shelly only has about 3 hours and 30 minutes left to post her rebutal to my argument. I would message her about this but I cannot message her about this, for she closed off all avenues of communication on this site, for shelllypeaslet is not accepting new comments at this time and is not accepting messages at this time. Therefore I cannot message her regarding this issue except through here.