Abortion is wrong even if the pregnancy is ectopic!!!

The first round is for you to introduce yourself. I will be arguing that ectopic abortion is permissable.
I know this topic seems a bit ridiculous but I just wanted to see if ther is anyone out there who agrees with it. If not, you can play devil's advocate but I would prefer it if there was someone who actually supported this statement.

Thank you!!!

Hi, my name is TheBlackDragon04, and I have a few sets of standards.
1. No sources are needed.
2. No definitions are needed.
3. Have at least one fact in each round.
Post in your argument if you agree to these standards and I hope it is a fair fight. :)

Agreed. Let us begin

First off, everyone knows the meaning of abortion so we don't need to go over that. Despite the fact that I am a pro-lifer who believes life begins at conception, there are some unfortunate cases in which abortion is the safest answer if the pregnancy puts the mother's life at risk and today of course we will be focusing on ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is when the embryo develops outside the uterus in in the fallopian tubes- other places are the ovaries, the cervix or the abdomen but the fallian tubes are the most common. The fallipian tubes are not designed to carry a baby and are very narrow, thus when the embryo gets too big, the tube will eventually burst which results in a huge amount of blood loss and is life threatening for the woman. Plus, it is a VERY painful process. The baby has no chance of surviving so what is the point in letting the woman go through all that pain for no reason? I know there have been some cases of ectopic babies who survived but these are in the other places ectopic pregnancies can occur like I said, the ovary/cervix/abdomen.

In conclusion, it is foolish and irrational to claim that ecotopic abortion is just as wrong as any other reason for abortion. It is to save the mother's life- not for achieving her own selfish desires or to make her child free so she has no worries at all. The loss of the child is just an unfortunate side affect.

TheBlackDragon04 forfeited this round.

My opponent has forefeited round. I urge him/her to return for the next round with a legitimate argument

TheBlackDragon04 forfeited this round.
Posted by Janerover 4 months ago
I do not understand how this is even a debate topic. For anyone who doesn't know, ectopic pregnancies almost always result in maternal death unless the foetus is removed. It is horrendous death, with massive internal bleeding with literally litres of blood lost, and death for the mother.

The location of the foetus implantation most often makes it incompatible with life for the foetus also. As it is by definition not implanted correctly but in a hostile environment, it will outgrow it's blood supply and die.

So: if you don't abort the ectopic pregnancy, it results in maternal death, and subsequently foetal death anyway.

I repeat, it is not compatible with life for the mother or foetus.

What is the worse crime? Allowing 1 death? Or 2?
Posted by alksr 4 months ago
Leave religion out of this please. If you make religion part of this then i see no point in supporting you.
Posted by missmedic 4 months ago
Abortion is wrong, but sometimes it is necessary.
Abortion is wrong, but it is a symptom of a greater problem.
Vote Placed by Wylted 4 months ago