barryboy
socialpinko

Abortion is wrong.

socialpinko

barryboy

Pro

Abortion is wrong in any case. Killing is killing no matter what!
socialpinko

Con

I've been through a couple of abortion arguments recently and both of them endd up lame cause we couldn't agree on anything. If it's okay I would like to post a few definitions for further reference.

Abortion: the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy[1]

Wron: not in accordance with what is morally right or good[2]

[1]http://dictionary.reference.com...
[2]http://dictionary.reference.com...

As you have the BOP I will let you post your arguments first.
barryboy

Pro

I accept both your definitions. Thank you for the chance to debate. I realize i have the bop so i will move right along. I argue that killing a baby in the womb is the same as killing a baby outside of the womb. There is no difference.

Life begins at conception so we should not allow people to kill babies just because they cannot fight back.

The government should not fund abortions as there are tax payers who are morally opposed to it. If I pay taxes they should not be used to destroy an innocent life.
socialpinko

Con

"I argue that killing a baby in the womb is the same as killing a baby outside of the womb. There is no difference."

I argue that there is a difference in that a baby outside the womb is alive and a fetus inside the womb is not yet alive.

"Life begins at conception so we should not allow people to kill babies just because they cannot fight back."

I believe that life begins at birth and as you have the bop it falls on you to show why lief begins at conception.

"The government should not fund abortions as there are tax payers who are morally opposed to it. If I pay taxes they should not be used to destroy an innocent life."

That is not what this debate is about. It is about the inherent morality/immorality of abortions. Not whether or not the government should fund things some voters don't like.
barryboy

Pro

barryboy forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Scyrone 5 years ago
Scyrone
barryboysocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious.