Abortion is wrong!

I completely think that abortion is right and people shouldn't judge women for making that choice to have an abortion. As being a woman, I see both sides to this story however abortion is right.
The definition:
Abortion- the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks(1).

I would like to start off saying that the if the abortion is taken place before 18 weeks the foetus is unable to feel the pain. Also the foetus isn't developed in the early stages of any pregnancy therefore you are not killing a child. People like to say that by having it an abortion it is the same as killing a child however it isn't, until that child has been born it hasn't been 'brought into this world' therefore there is no harm in having an abortion. The foetus hasn't created any feelings for the mother and father as it has never even seen them or been felt by them so it's not killing a child because if it was, why isn't it illegal?

My second point is that, you do not know that woman hasn't been raped or even wanted to have sex therefore she may want to get rid of the child rather than bringing it up in a world where it's dad is a rapist or a man that isn't very nice. People will say that the mother should give birth to the child then give it up for adoption however what if that mother gets attached to that child? She may not want to keep it but may feel extremely guilty giving it to complete strangers. What if the mother gives her child up for adoption however, in the future the child wants to find its real parents? What will that mother tell her child when she does find her?

Lastly, that woman may have been forced to have an abortion and it may be against her will. She may think abortion is wrong however her partner or the person she had sexual intercourse with may force her to get rid of that child and may find it extremely hard to get rid of her child. No-one will ever know that reasons for that woman to get an abortion apart from her and her selfish partner, who will probably be extremely self centered.
You shouldn't judge a woman just because she is having an abortion. Yes, some woman do have abortions simply because they don't want their child and yes that is selfish however it's that woman's choice so people should let her do it.;(1)

Abortion is wrong.
Reason being is that we aren't machines in which we come to life part by part, we are concieved and alive in an instant over 56 million american children have died by abortion thats 56 american million people that won't grow up and experince life. Why deny somebody life to deny them love to deny them freedom.
Not to mention Abortion has also claimed the lives of the woman who did want the abortion; compiled a list of 347 women killed by legal abortions Furthermore, the National Cancer Institute commissioned a study lead by Dr. Janet Daling, an abortion supporter, and her colleagues at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center which found a link between abortion and cancer: "among women who had been pregnant at least once, the risk of breast cancer in those who had experienced an induced abortion was 50% higher than among other women."
The Coalition on Abortion/Breast Cancer reports: "28 out of 37 worldwide studies have independently linked induced abortion with breast cancer. Thirteen out of fifteen studies conducted on American women report increased risk. Seventeen studies are statistically significant, sixteen of which found increased risk. Most of the studies have been conducted by abortion supporters." so now not only your killing a child your putting yourself at risk too.

Abortion isn't wrong!
There is many people in America alive and living healthy therefore it doesn't matter if women have abortions because there is more women having children than having abortions. I would also like to make the point that 61% of abortions in America are done before the foetus is 9 weeks old therefore you aren't taking a life away because a life hasn't even developed yet. In America there is roughly 1.2 million abortions per year, 2% of women have abortions(1). That is a large number however 4 million children are born(1), therefore if a woman wants an abortion, she should have one.

Also there is shocking health risks from having an abortion however a woman will do what a woman wants and I have been reading through a lot of information mainly about the breast cancer and abortion. Yes there is only links, unless there is certain proof that a woman is suffering really badly from breast cancer from abortion, I would like to see proof.There is other affects however they're easily dealt with, with the right care and treatment for them.

Please name your sources as I am intrigued to look at them!

Yes it is important every lose of life is tragic, nobody should have to lose their life everybody should have a chance to live and live into old age.
Not to mention Abortion's are expensive;
How much an abortion will cost a woman depends on how far along she is in her pregnancy. The National Abortion Federation gives general estimates of what a woman should expect to pay. Early in her first trimester, an abortion will cost somewhere between $350 " $500, As she progresses through the pregnancy, the cost will increase. After 20 weeks, she should expect to pay at least $1,000, if not several thousand dollars. Many women also have to travel to get an abortion, so they would need to add travel costs into their totals as well. When t comes to these costs then comes the argument that tax payers should pay for abortion which is also wrong. I work for my money and why should money go to someone's mistake when i earned it for myself.

Not to mention there is more than just breast cancer at risk for women;
"Women who have had abortions are also found to have increased risks of getting liver, ovarian, and cervical cancers.
"Many women who get an abortion have had one before (about half, according to the Guttmacher Institute). How many of them are told that repeat abortions are found to increase the risk of premature birth?
"Women who have an abortion are more likely to get endometriosis and Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
"Women who have undergone an abortion have higher mortality rates than those who have not.
"Abortion brings a large number of major physical complications. These include, but are not limited to, life-threatening complications such as uterine perforation, cervical lacerations, and excessive bleeding.
"Women who have had an abortion are at much higher risk for mental health disorders. These include anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol abuse and suicidal behavior " which is shown to increase 155% after an abortion.
"Women are more likely to become victims of domestic violence after undergoing an abortion

And on the off-note i am truly excited about this debate thank you for this

Right I understand what you are saying about the fact that ever lose of life is tragic however it will be more tragic for the woman because of the fact she has to get rid of her child which isn't even developed yet and it hasn't gained any feelings towards it's parents yet. And yes everybody should have the chance to live however some people don't and things like abortion are never going to be changed.
Also an abortion clearly s expensive but if a woman has made that choice and is willing to pay that much money then let her do it. It's going to be more easier for her to get rid of her child rather than having her child and maybe even regretting and I don't want this to come the wrong way because I truly believe people should feel blessed to have the ability to have children however I am for Abortion and always will be.
There are many factors of abortion which is extremely positive and there is extremely bad ones however if a woman wants to get rid of her child she should have the opportunity to because at the end of the day it's the woman's choice and how she feels therefore abortion is right.
Yes, there is also many risks that woman will have to take but if she's willing to take them, let her.

Thank you for such a good debate, I've really enjoyed it. I would just like to say that some of my comments may have come across inappropriate however I didn't mean it to and I do believe that women should treasure the fact they are going to have a child however not everyone woman will and every woman needs to do what will make her happy in the long run.

It is tragic and yea they'll take the risks for it but if they baby would be born sure it'll be difficult but it'll also bring joy. Holding the baby and living it are many great things that can come from a child how they look up to you and how they love you is an amazing feeling that I think everyone should have a chance to experience that. And you right Abortion will never change it's been around since the Ancient Greeks and Romans but we can at least try there is no shame in that. When the Roman emperor Septimius Severus banned abortion the rates dropped. Every child is a gift from God and should be like so. What if that baby that was going to be Aborted turned out to be the next Albert Einstein or the next Micheal Jordan, We need to give the the chance to follow a path of their own.

As for you comments its ok they didn't come across like that. And thank you again I enjoyed the argument it was very entertaining.
Vote Placed by SchinkBR 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Kind of disappointing really. Neither side really refuted their opponent's points, rather they just kept repeating their own. Additionally both sides made points not relevant to their cases. I will say the Con side put together a nice intro but strayed afterwards. While I don't disagree with any of the points made by Con, Pro made it a point to list their citations more clearly so I will give them points for that.
Vote Placed by Grandbudda 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made a more convincing argument and Pro failed to convince for abortion.
Vote Placed by kbub 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: While Con manages to minimize much of Pro's offense, Pro is not able to negate it and offers very little offense. Con had great points in the beginning such as rape, but I think failed to continue them towards the end. Con mentioned women's rights briefly, but didn't really explain thoroughly why abortion is a women's rights issue. Pro wins that there is a *possibility of a fetus possessing life, and also wins that abortion is expensive and some abortions occur without the mothers' consent, as well as potential health problems for the mother. Con appropriately points out that many of the risks of abortion are part of the mother's consent (costs, health), so they do not flow through. Neither person's sources were superb, but they were ok. Pro's arguments contained several grammatical mistakes.