JasperFrancisShickadance
intellectuallyprimitive

Abortion is wrong

JasperFrancisShickadance

JasperFrancisShickadance

Pro

My contentions are simple: that abortion is a form of murder and is morally, spiritually,and physically wrong. I hope that the designated opponent will accept this instigation and debate to his full capacity of arguing!! :D I can be a fierce debater but I also have a soft heart for those who oppose me. This should be interesting.
Round 1 acceptance, meaning do not post arguments in round 1. No rules for conclusions and whatnot. Let's just debate!
intellectuallyprimitive

Con

Thank you for instigating this debate, I bestow my acceptance and I eagerly await your arguments.
JasperFrancisShickadance

Pro

To begin:

Please make clear by describing in your own words that a fetus , or anything aborted in the mother's womb, is not life or potential life and explain to me that not all life has to be protected. If you can explain to me why abortion is not murder and I cannot successfully refute the arguments, I respect your belief in abortion being morally "right." Until then, I will post some of my arguments.

ABORTION IS NOT AN INDIVIDUAL CHOICE

When a human life begins is not a religious, moral, or philosophical issue; it is a scientific and biological one. Scientists know distinct human life begins at conception. From that time onward, the unborn child is a living, developing individual with a uniquely human genetic constitution.

A FETUS IS NOT A PART OF A WOMAN'S BODY

All human beings have rights which must be protected. A women has a right to protect her own body. Her child, too, has rights, beginning with the right to continued life. The unborn child is an individual, separate and distinct from the mother. From the time of conception, the baby's genetic code is unique to itself, different from the mother's and father's. The baby has its own blood type, heart, brain, and other organs, and may have differently colored eyes, hair and complexion. Being dependent on others should not deprive a helpless human being of fundamental rights.

Is it wrong to argue that the potential (future) of the fetus can define if he is human or not? No. It's as if you pro-choice-ers have to see the baby come out of the woman's body before you can label it an "independent" baby/human! This is completely illogical because, quite obviously, a baby is still dependent on the elders in his/her life even after he is born. Lol think of this analogy and try to rebut it. Saying that a fetus is part of a woman's body is like saying that human waste is a part of the human's body: it is true since--say--poop is developed in the body and is not deposited until it is ready. When a fetus "becomes" a baby, is it still in the mother's womb? When feces become poo, is it still in the human's body? When a baby is born, is it any different than a fetus besides the fact it is out of the body? (This is where the analogy ends.) It is still developing, growing, eating, etc.

THE GOVERNMENT INTERFERING WITH PERSONAL ISSUES IS A FALSE ARGUMENT

As Thomas Jefferson once wrote: "The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government." In modern American society, it is na"ve to suggest that government can be absent from this debate on human life. The government acts through law to regulate in areas much less fundamental than the right to life. The real issue is whether the government will fulfill its responsibility to protect and preserve life, or continue to allow this most fundamental human right to be denied.

A WOMAN'S EXCUSE FOR '...PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES PREVENTING HER TO RAISE A CHILD' IS FALSE

A woman has many choices for life. If she wishes to raise her child, there are countless programs across the country that can provide her with counseling, housing, medical care, job training, food, clothing, and other needed services to help her make a good life for herself and her child. If a woman feels that she cannot provide for her baby, adoption can be a good choice for both mother and child. Children's lives should not be sacrificed as a means of solving the problems of others.

Think of one of your favorite little children in your life, perhaps a niece/nephew or cousin. Remember all her personality traits and unique ideas, her good side and her bad side, and her behavior towards you. Now imagine: her mother almost aborted him/her. Some pro-choice-ers argue that abortions don't even matter! Think what would've happened if no babies were aborted. Technology would most likely be more advanced and life might be easier for all of us due to their contribution to the world's proceeding. See these pictures:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...

ABORTION IS NOT JUSTIFIED BECAUSE IT IS NOT USED ONLY AS A LAST RESORT AND FREQUENTLY A RESULT OF RAPE, INCEST, OR DANGER IN THE MOTHER'S LIFE

The truth is that abortion has become a widely used method of birth control in this country. By 1992, 46 percent of all abortions were repeat abortions. Last year, approximately 1.5 million abortions were performed in the U.S. At most, about 1 percent of these were performed for reasons of rape or incest, less than 7 percent to protect the mother's health. Abortion advocates fail to mention the other 92 percent.

DISABLED INFANTS SHOULD NOT BE ABORTED

It is inhumane to use abortion to set artificial standards of quality for human life. No one has the right to judge the quality of another human being's life, or to decide who should live and who should not. The fundamental value of human life is a given, it is not determined by an individual's physical or mental capacities.

In conclusion:

Abortion is wrong because it is unnecessary murder; injustice and inequality for all. I look forward to an educated rebuttal. Thank you for debating me!

SOURCES:
http://www.stthomasapostle.org...
http://www.pinterest.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
http://www.tfpstudentaction.org...
http://www.abort73.com...
intellectuallyprimitive

Con

intellectuallyprimitive forfeited this round.
JasperFrancisShickadance

Pro

I hope that Con chooses to participate this round at least! All arguments extended until I get a response.
intellectuallyprimitive

Con

JasperFrancisShickadance

Pro

Comment if you or anyone else would like to debate these same terms and arguments with me--for real--please!
intellectuallyprimitive

Con

Posted by BDPershing 1 year ago
BDPershing
http://www.debate.org...

Fetus= parasite by definition btw...
Posted by JasperFrancisShickadance 1 year ago
JasperFrancisShickadance
Lol.

Yes?
Posted by intellectuallyprimitive 1 year ago
intellectuallyprimitive
I understand your eagerness to begin, but some of the terms are ambiguous.
JasperFrancisShickadance
Alrighty. I'll be waiting. >)
intellectuallyprimitive
Interesting. Allow me a day or two to accept. I have yet to debate this topic, but I do possess some convincing arguments.
JasperFrancisShickadance
I chose someone who is pro abortion. You are one, and you seem intellectual... :D
intellectuallyprimitive
Curiosity has arisen as to why you have selected me for this debate?
Vote Placed by The_Gatherer 1 year ago
The_Gatherer
JasperFrancisShickadanceintellectuallyprimitiveTied
Reasons for voting decision: I believe that Pro lost the debate in his / her opening round. This is due to the fact that the burden of proof was on Pro to prove that abortion is wrong. Pro began by stating that abortion was "morally, spiritually...wrong". As morality is completely subjective, and spirituality as a concept is questionable even in it's very existence, there is no possible way Pro could have proved the burden of their original assertion i.e. that abortion is wrong. A point is however awarded to Pro for conduct, on the basis of Con's forfeiture.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by danhep 1 year ago
danhep
Reasons for voting decision: Extend/forfeit
Vote Placed by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made arguments, referenced when appropriate and did not forfeit any rounds. Con did he opposite. Therefore, arguments, sources and conduct points go to Pro.
Vote Placed by jzonda415 1 year ago
jzonda415
Reasons for voting decision: Clear Pro win. Pro presented great arguments, had decent spelling, didn't forfeit a single round and had sources.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Reasons for voting decision: Full forfeit